tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
RUMOUR: Nintendo to anounce Wii 2 at E3 2011

QUOTE said:
Nintendo would be next summer at the E3 game exhibition to announce the Wii 2. The successor of the current Wii console would have a built-in projector, a Blu-ray drive and a Kinect like 3D camera.

This website 3Anime reported. Nintendo, the new console at the E3 announcement. The E3 is from 7 to 9 June in Los Angeles held. The console would be called Wii 2.

There are also rumors that the Wii 2 will get a mini projector that such images on a wall can be projected. In addition, the Wii 2 is equipped with a Blu-ray drive, while the Wii still has to do with a DVD drive. Furthermore, the Nintendo Wii 2 can be controlled via a Kinect like 3D camera.

The possible announcement of a Wii sequel at E3 is remarkable Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata said last week know that the console manufacturer until a successor for the four years old Wii, as developers can no longer surprise 'with Wii titles.

Source at tweakers.net

Also, thanks to Google Translate.

Wii 2, eh? I'll wait and see what this one will do, seeing as the Wii wasn't that big of a success for me.
Contributed by Berthenk

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
as if nintendo is gonna rip off both sonys and m$ ideas and put them in the wii 2 their the ones who come up with new ideas not steal them! dunno what 3Anime has been fucking smoking that rumor i can tell you now is 100% false!!
rofl.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
Nintendo would be next summer at the E3 game exhibition to announce the Wii 2. The successor of the current Wii console would have a built-in projector, a Blu-ray drive and a Kinect like 3D camera.
.... right

rumors are what they are and anyone can start them

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Opium said:
This just in. Rumor has it tweakers.net is full of crap.

Tweakers.net is one of the most respected technology sites out there, the most respected in the countries where they speak Dutch. They are very critical and and knowledgeable and their reviews are always thorough and correct.

This rumour doesn't make sense to me either, but it's called a rumour for a reason. It's weird they picked it up, and the future will tell if this is true.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I agree with Costello... Very vague assumption, that I personally wouldn`t even consider a rumor at all.

Honestly I always thought that the only reason I play games is solely for the gameplay, since I tend to fade out the graphics after the first "wow"-effect (like in GodoW or ME2), though I appreciate the things horse-power can add to gameplay, such as having more characters on the screen and such.

Thus I don`t feel like PS3 or 360 need any kind of Hardware-update but I think now that a more advance tech is affordable to manufacture it is quite likely that the next Nintendo-console will be announced at this years E3 or TGS, since it takes quite some time to get from the announcement to actually selling the system.

So I guess it will be announced in 11 and on the market in 12 though I`m very satisfied with the Wii all in all but it shows its age... Gameplay-wise it always topped the PS360 imo but that`s another question
tongue.gif

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well i like my wii but he need a serious upgrade, im sure there will be a new wii next year.
Some serious releases this year from nintendo wich means they will try to get the most cash out of it and leave the building ^^

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm definitely expecting an announcement on a Wii successor at this year's E3. But not with the BS features from the rumor. Nintendo are no copy-cats, they are trend-setters.

Also, I've noticed that when a home console from Nintendo starts coming in different colors, it's definitely at the end of it's lifespan. This is what happened with the N64.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rumour: Nintendo will start giving away 3DSs for free to everyone and they're going to announce it next week! They're also going to upgrade the 3DS to have a bluray drive and a 30 hour battery life! Announcing next week with no quotable source!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared