Gaming Rumor: Zelda is maybe not a Switch launch title

Kliffcom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
b3DHwTxm.jpg

The new Zelda title is mostly done, but it seems that they will take way longer than expected to finish the localization. According to the sources they cannot finish it before Dezember. Nintendo takes game testing very seriously and they will take for a huge title like that up to 6 months for testing, which means the game will most likely released in Sommer 2017 and not at the Launch of the Nintendo Switch. Some stores have a launch date for it, but the official site from Nintendo still shows 2017 without a specific month.​

Source #1: Eurogamer
Source #2: Arcadegirl64

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess that was no surprise really. I mean haven't they been developing this for like 3 years now? So I guess another year or two doesn't seem to phase me much as long as what we get is worth purchasing, and not a complete catastrophe.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm alright with this. Nintendo didn't say it would be, so not really let down. I just want to get my hands on that thing. Getting Wii sports and Nintendoland was fun enough to get me used to the controls of the wii/wii u, so whatever the unique launch title will be i'll buy it.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I guess that was no surprise really. I mean haven't they been developing this for like 3 years now? So I guess another year or two doesn't seem to phase me much as long as what we get is worth purchasing, and not a complete catastrophe.
3 YEARS??!?!?!!!?! LOOOOOOOOOOL
the developpement begun before the wii u even get released

pas7680

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not too much of a surprise if true, but they will need it out before Christmas or the system will follow the same fate as the Wii U. It really needs some killer launch titles though, and lets face it we haven't seen anything about the launch yet. January's switch update should hopefully reveal all, but i wouldn't put it past Nintendo not to tell us anything even weeks before launch.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 YEARS??!?!?!!!?! LOOOOOOOOOOL
the developpement begun before the wii u even get released

Again I'm not surprised by this. So how long have they really been developing this? I don't think I meant 3 years literally, just a random number, could have 5 years or even 10. So they had breath of the wild planned before the wii u even despite not focusing on that...sounds like pulling a George Lucas to me. Either way, when it comes out I can hope that the game will be worth it.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, there're just holding it back in case the Switch fails, then they can dual launch it on the Switch AND the Switch 2

/jk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol