New report claims the Switch's successor will launch next year, with third-party developers in possession of dev kits

download (1).jpeg

The rumour mill continues around the successor to the Switch, but is this one the one? According to Video Games Chronicle, and corroborated by Eurogamer, Nintendo is likely to release its next-gen hardware in the second half of 2024. VGC's sources, which include "multiple people with knowledge of Nintendo's next-gen console plans", claim that the device will be useable in handheld mode and support physical cartridges like the Switch. However, backwards compatibility remains unclear.

The next-gen hardware will also apparently sport an LCD display, instead of an OLED one, in order to keep costs low while packing higher storage for higher fidelity games. Dev kits of the system are also with key partners, according to the report.

Of course, take this report with a grain of salt as these are unofficial news and rumours around a Switch Pro or Switch 2 have been around for a while. But eventually, we will get a successor to the Switch in one form or another; and whether it will replicate the latter's success remains to be seen.

:arrow: SOURCE

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
claim that the device will be useable in handheld mode and support physical cartridges like the Switch
that's it i'm out. i'm tired of these pricks making the same shit over and over. guarantee it won't be able to hold up against the ps5 and xbox YET AGAIN! hope it's hacked in a month with emulator shortly after. and with their track record with shitty security it probably will be :lol:

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
that's it i'm out. i'm tired of these pricks making the same shit over and over. guarantee it won't be able to hold up against the ps5 and xbox YET AGAIN! hope it's hacked in a month with emulator shortly after. and with their track record with shitty security it probably will be :lol:
Dude, they haven't been fighting for power since the Gamecube. It wasn't obviously worth it. And their selling of devices seem to tell the world, they are right.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A Switch Deluxe ? With Super Mario Odyssey Deluxe, Super Mario 3D World Super Deluxe ++, Mario Kart 8 Super Ultra Deluxe (with new "deluxe" DLC waves) and a new Zelda "Triforce Deluxe" with the same world again but this time with an additional underwater layer ? Gee, can't wait

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Uh huh, just like those reports of the Switch Pro dev kits last year and the year before and the year before....

But I expect we will see at least an announcement maybe by Holiday 2024 and an ETA of Q1 2025. I do fully expect it'll be a Switch-like experience as well, given how successful the Switch has been so far.

Reactions: xoINARIox

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The rumour mill continues around the successor to the Switch, but is this one the one? According to Video Games Chronicle, and corroborated by Eurogamer, Nintendo is likely to release its next-gen hardware in the second half of 2024. VGC's sources, which include "multiple people with knowledge of Nintendo's next-gen console plans", claim that the device will be useable in handheld mode and support physical cartridges like the Switch. However, backwards compatibility remains unclear.

The next-gen hardware will also apparently sport an LCD display, instead of an OLED one, in order to keep costs low while packing higher storage for higher fidelity games. Dev kits of the system are also with key partners, according to the report.

Of course, take this report with a grain of salt as these are unofficial news and rumours around a Switch Pro or Switch 2 have been around for a while. But eventually, we will get a successor to the Switch in one form or another; and whether it will replicate the latter's success remains to be seen.

:arrow: SOURCE
Look... I get that people are excited and want new hardware. But we are at the point where we are hearing about this every day with a new rumor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?