Rumor: Zelda is maybe not a Switch launch title

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Kliffcom, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Kliffcom
    OP

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    [​IMG]
    The new Zelda title is mostly done, but it seems that they will take way longer than expected to finish the localization. According to the sources they cannot finish it before Dezember. Nintendo takes game testing very seriously and they will take for a huge title like that up to 6 months for testing, which means the game will most likely released in Sommer 2017 and not at the Launch of the Nintendo Switch. Some stores have a launch date for it, but the official site from Nintendo still shows 2017 without a specific month.​

Source #1: Eurogamer
    Source #2: Arcadegirl64

2. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    Well I guess that was no surprise really. I mean haven't they been developing this for like 3 years now? So I guess another year or two doesn't seem to phase me much as long as what we get is worth purchasing, and not a complete catastrophe.

3. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Target changed their north america release date for both versions from march 31 2017 to June 13 2017 :-(

4. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    Nooooo day it ain't so :"(

5. Xuman

Xuman GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    I'm alright with this. Nintendo didn't say it would be, so not really let down. I just want to get my hands on that thing. Getting Wii sports and Nintendoland was fun enough to get me used to the controls of the wii/wii u, so whatever the unique launch title will be i'll buy it.

6. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    3 YEARS??!?!?!!!?! LOOOOOOOOOOL
    the developpement begun before the wii u even get released

7. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    This is getting irritating, I was really expecting this to be a launch title on the switch, but then again I was also expecting it to be released before production ended on the WiiU.:glare:

8. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
  9. pas7680

pas7680 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2007
    Not too much of a surprise if true, but they will need it out before Christmas or the system will follow the same fate as the Wii U. It really needs some killer launch titles though, and lets face it we haven't seen anything about the launch yet. January's switch update should hopefully reveal all, but i wouldn't put it past Nintendo not to tell us anything even weeks before launch.

10. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    Again I'm not surprised by this. So how long have they really been developing this? I don't think I meant 3 years literally, just a random number, could have 5 years or even 10. So they had breath of the wild planned before the wii u even despite not focusing on that...sounds like pulling a George Lucas to me. Either way, when it comes out I can hope that the game will be worth it.

11. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    Nah, there're just holding it back in case the Switch fails, then they can dual launch it on the Switch AND the Switch 2

/jk