[Rumor] Wall Street Journal claims Nintendo will release both an enhanced and budget model Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 25, 2019.

1. donaldgx

donaldgx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    a "portable-only" switch hmm if the price is right maybe maybe.

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    IMO the difference in games' experience will be negligible at best *shrug* oh well.

3. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I don’t think this would even sell well especially for people that already bought more than one switch. I never over clocked my switch games and if that’s all this does, it’s not worth it. Nintendo should not discontinue the 3ds over the switch, if they do, it should be for a different handheld system, switch is already a handheld system but it’s not the same thing.

4. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    How are those dumb reasons if i personally own one? The joycons are too tiny, the L/R buttons dont feel right with that "click" they do when you push them. The analog sticks are even more tiny with the worst travel distance and responsiveness i have experienced so far, they are really bad for third and first person shooters, you are almost forced to use the gyro aiming if you would like to imporve the aim a little bit...

A cheap third party controller feels 10 times better than the actual joycons. Hell, even most of the features the joycons have are useless. I personally have gyro and rumble disabled. So yeah, getting rid of hd rumble alone would lower the prices of those things.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Mar 25, 2019
  5. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Wait

"8 years of 3ds games"
    "3ds has no games"

Why did you contradict your own statement - that mathematically does not make sense

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    If it bothers you that much add releases after 3ds games. I started my talent scouting agency some 8 years ago and to this day have signed not a sausage.

They had 8 years and still have nothing to show for it that stands up against the GBA and DS, or otherwise.

7. Redhorse

Redhorse Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2017
    United States
    Between a Rock and a Hard Place for now
    The Pro Switch will have a bigger pinis ;)..er I Mean battery the smaller will have attached controllers and Bear a remarkable resemblance to the Vita.
    Though I can't see buying either just yet.

P.S. what the hell is it with these game developers and this 3-5 point font/text anyway? They have plenty of space for the text why not use it. I'm tired of using a magnifying glass to play a game.

8. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    To each their own I guess. Personally I've never had any issues with the Joycons or the way they feel. Hell, I actually appreciate the HD rumble.

Chizko likes this.
  9. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    If you think most 3ds games are shite then you hav probably lost interest in playing games

10. cottonMOUSE

cottonMOUSE Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    I really like this idea!!
    I hope the portable-only one has a wee bit more than 32GB tho...

11. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    Tegra Xavier with 30W TDP, 12nn?....or custom Xavier like the X1 on Switch, they need a more efficient SOC and X1/20nn it isn't...or X1 16nn?.

12. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    So.. Sharp is doing the displays now? We getting glass?

13. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    granted it is a few years old and it will continue to get cheaper. they could make the price higher for better performance

14. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    I don’t own a switch yet (never needed one as everything I care about is on wiiu) but this is bad news. It means a whole category of unique handheld titles will no longer be made. There should always be a Gameboy/Ds type console with its own titles and the switch is completely killing that off. Hopefully the new models are hacked shortly after release.

15. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    I'd personally appreciate that and a OLED or AMOLED display. That'd make blacks stand out way more, and help conserve energy.

16. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    That's not true at all. Just look at the Link's Awakening remake. They very much managed to capture the spirit of a portable game while not skimping on the overall graphics. There's nothing stopping anyone else from making similar "portable-style" games, either. Heck, the spiritual successor to Advance Wars was just released, too.

KingVamp and Memoir like this.
  17. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    No.... maybe gamestop would do a deal or something though....

18. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere It just works

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    t0 bad cant read the article due to a paywall

19. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Mariko doesn’t mean anything, it’s just gonna be another silent revision (A “mini” switch would also probably use it I guess)

20. Tilde88

Tilde88 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    That would be awesome! Because then I get to go to Japan again! (I bought mine in a visit to Japan) :D !

DANTENDO likes this.