Rumor: Resident Evil In The Hands Of SOCOM Team

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Goli, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Goli
    OP

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Source
    It's Kotaku so take it with a grain of salt, but...
    I wonder if this is what became of Resident Evil Portable?

2. DarkMario616

DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Hey look RE just got worse!!

_>

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Seeing as I thought RE5 was a pretty poor team-based game (but sadly only worked with another person), I just don't like the idea of Resident Evil going multiplayer.

I just want something like Resident Evil 4. A 20+ hour single player adventure with quirky one-liners and zombies.

4. Goli
    OP

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It already has, with the Outbreak spin-offs.
    If this turns out to be true, perhaps the game won't be in same vein as RE5, maybe it'll be like Outbreak, which is much closer to RE1-3.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Outbreak wasn't terribly successful outside of Japan if I recall. For a pun, I'd say it never was a "breakout" hit. Herp de derp.

But I still like my Resident Evil games as single player games. If I wanted a zombie multiplayer shooter I'd go for Left 4 Dead.

6. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    Have you played any SOCOM games on the PSP? imo, they're pretty good.
    Another company developing the game =/= Sacrafice gameplay qualities.

7. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Let the outsourcing begin.

The downfall of Capcom has begun.

8. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States

how can it be worse than on-rails?

9. Arnold Schwarzen

Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I thought they were pretty shite, not my glass of milk. The PSP ones at least, not played the others. I will however reserve judgment on how future RE titles are handled until I play them. SOCOM and Resident Evil are two different kinds of games and I'm sure they won't be alike.

10. Aeladya

Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

Nov 13, 2004
    United States
    Idaho Falls, ID

I liked Resident Evil 5, but I only played it with my cousin on his Xbox 360 (and will be doing soon...especially if I can't get downstairs since I think my ankle is broken as it is in extreme pain, bruised within like 2 minutes and certain areas feel really bad, either way I may be using my but to go down the stairs and climbing on all fours to try to go up...or my family will threaten to push me downstairs in a wheelchair again like when I had surgery, eh whatever XD!) as a multiplayer thing. I did love the multiplayer action and annoying him while shouting "CHRIS!" was quite amusing. I agree that the story kinda sucked, but I did enjoy the multiplayer, now if they could combine that with a good plot then it's good, oh and make sure I can be a chick, I refused to be Chris, he looked like he was on steroids and scared the living bejebus out of me.

11. RE4zombie

RE4zombie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Raccoon City
    SOCOM: Confrontation sucked. If RE goes to a western dev, its going to wind up crappier than the movie series.

12. DarkMario616

DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I played one, it was alright, nothing special.

But I can't see RE being developed by a FPS developer...hell what has the SOCOM team made besides SOCOM?

I hope it's more like outbreak then mercs...but that won't happen.

13. Eighteen

Eighteen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah..
    Socom team >_>...... so let me get this straight...
    After this game called resident evil 5.. (wich was cool.... btu was totally NOT a resident evil game at aLL)... wich already looked like a rambo co-op game..
    ..now becomes... OH MY GOD JILL!! Sombies over there!! You flank the left, COVER MEE!!! And you chris Get a frag in there.!!
    and FLASHBANG TROUGH THE DOOR!!...

.... [​IMG] ....no more resident evil for me....

14. Eighteen

Mar 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah..
    Yeah Socom is pretty cool!! If you are into games like that you are right ;D
    RE series are cool [​IMG] !!

...Try put them together [​IMG] ......

It's totally something like, mix Pacman and Killer Instinct and see what will happen [​IMG] ...or tony hawk skateboarding and world of warcraft
    okay maybe I'm going overboard.. the 2 games socom and RE have some similarities...

-They both use guns....
    -...they...both...have... um. walking creatures? like humans? nevermind the sombies.. [​IMG]

no that's all I've got...

Btw I am not bashing on you even if it may seem so [​IMG] but don't get me wrong, I am totally not, socom is a cool game ... >_> I am bashing on the people who had the brilliant idea mixing RE and socom [​IMG]

15. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    I doubt it's actually going to be a mix. Just because the company made Socom, doesn't mean every game they make will be like that. By the way, I'm not really a fan of the Resident Evil games. [​IMG]

16. Lube_Skyballer

Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2007
    Netherlands
    Why is Capcom giving all their game franchises to western developers? First Devil May Cry, now this >:(
    Capcom apparently thinks that Western developers are better than Japanese devs. If they just knew our opinion :/

17. Eighteen

Mar 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah..
    *Shh, your ruining my moment here [​IMG] *

anyhoo, I know it of course won't be a mix.. (though there is a very slight possibility that they make the game Look at least a bit like socom.. I mean tiny elements that you can see, ''Yes game is clearly made by socom team'')

But let's hope for the best and give them at least a chance I say... if it still feels like, cover the left, and flash-bang trough the door, i'll never trust resident evil made by socom again

p.s. I am not sure what I need the info for abot the part that you are not a RE fan [​IMG] ...I am not a socom fan, does that count(?)..for..whatever?

18. Eighteen

Mar 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah..
    Wooowww... wait Devil may cry as well???? :|
    You need to tell me about that, I never heard anything like that >:3 who is going to ruin DMC??

19. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    It was just to let people know, just in case one of the readers cares. [​IMG]

20. Eighteen

Mar 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah..
    Oh okaaaay, Got it now!! [​IMG]