Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
A1rHC.jpg
QUOTE said:
Following in the trail blazed by Dead Rising 2, the next Resident Evil game may come from the Great White North. SOCOM developer Slant Six Games could be the latest studio tapped by Capcom to create its games.

A document forwarded to Kotaku indicates that a new, team-based Resident Evil game is currently in development at Slant Six. The developer is responsible for SOCOM:U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation for the PlayStation 3 as well as two iterations for the PSP, Tactical Strike and Fireteam Bravo 3. Named (or codenamed) in the document as Resident Evil: Raccoon City, Slant Six looks to be staffing up to bring even more zombie game development to Vancouver.

When contacted for comment, publisher reps said "Capcom does not respond to rumors and/or speculation."

Slant Six Games writes on its official web site that it is currently in development on "an amazing new project" that is unannounced. That project is being developed in conjunction with a "new publishing partner on a world class franchise." Several Slant Six current and former employees list an unannounced "multiplayer action game" for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on their LinkedIn profiles.

In March of this year, Slant Six solicited work for a "Japanese translator/interpreter."

Capcom has looked outside of Japan for help on some of its better known franchises, including GRIN (Bionic Commando), Ninja Theory (Devil May Cry) and Blue Castle Games (Dead Rising 2), another Vancouver based studio that had its zombie project leaked well in advance.
icon11.gif
Source
It's Kotaku so take it with a grain of salt, but...
I wonder if this is what became of Resident Evil Portable?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as I thought RE5 was a pretty poor team-based game (but sadly only worked with another person), I just don't like the idea of Resident Evil going multiplayer.

I just want something like Resident Evil 4. A 20+ hour single player adventure with quirky one-liners and zombies.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
Seeing as I thought RE5 was a pretty poor team-based game (but sadly only worked with another person), I just don't like the idea of Resident Evil going multiplayer.

I just want something like Resident Evil 4. A 20+ hour single player adventure with quirky one-liners and zombies.
It already has, with the Outbreak spin-offs.
If this turns out to be true, perhaps the game won't be in same vein as RE5, maybe it'll be like Outbreak, which is much closer to RE1-3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Guild McCommunist said:

It already has, with the Outbreak spin-offs.
If this turns out to be true, perhaps the game won't be in same vein as RE5, maybe it'll be like Outbreak, which is much closer to RE1-3.

Outbreak wasn't terribly successful outside of Japan if I recall. For a pun, I'd say it never was a "breakout" hit. Herp de derp.

But I still like my Resident Evil games as single player games. If I wanted a zombie multiplayer shooter I'd go for Left 4 Dead.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
DarkMario616 said:
Hey look RE just got worse!!

_>
Have you played any SOCOM games on the PSP? imo, they're pretty good.
Another company developing the game =/= Sacrafice gameplay qualities.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
DarkMario616 said:

_>

I thought they were pretty shite, not my glass of milk. The PSP ones at least, not played the others. I will however reserve judgment on how future RE titles are handled until I play them. SOCOM and Resident Evil are two different kinds of games and I'm sure they won't be alike.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

I liked Resident Evil 5, but I only played it with my cousin on his Xbox 360 (and will be doing soon...especially if I can't get downstairs since I think my ankle is broken as it is in extreme pain, bruised within like 2 minutes and certain areas feel really bad, either way I may be using my but to go down the stairs and climbing on all fours to try to go up...or my family will threaten to push me downstairs in a wheelchair again like when I had surgery, eh whatever XD!) as a multiplayer thing. I did love the multiplayer action and annoying him while shouting "CHRIS!" was quite amusing. I agree that the story kinda sucked, but I did enjoy the multiplayer, now if they could combine that with a good plot then it's good, oh and make sure I can be a chick, I refused to be Chris, he looked like he was on steroids and scared the living bejebus out of me.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
DarkMario616 said:

_>

I played one, it was alright, nothing special.

But I can't see RE being developed by a FPS developer...hell what has the SOCOM team made besides SOCOM?

I hope it's more like outbreak then mercs...but that won't happen.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Socom team >_>...... so let me get this straight...
After this game called resident evil 5.. (wich was cool.... btu was totally NOT a resident evil game at aLL)... wich already looked like a rambo co-op game..
..now becomes... OH MY GOD JILL!! Sombies over there!! You flank the left, COVER MEE!!! And you chris Get a frag in there.!!
and FLASHBANG TROUGH THE DOOR!!...

sleep.gif
....no more resident evil for me....

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkMario616 said:
fgghjjkll said:
DarkMario616 said:

_>

*snip*

Yeah Socom is pretty cool!! If you are into games like that you are right ;D
RE series are cool
bow.gif
!!

...Try put them together
wtf.gif

It's totally something like, mix Pacman and Killer Instinct and see what will happen
glare.gif
...or tony hawk skateboarding and world of warcraft
okay maybe I'm going overboard.. the 2 games socom and RE have some similarities...

-They both use guns....
-...they...both...have... um. walking creatures? like humans? nevermind the sombies..
unsure.gif

no that's all I've got...

Btw I am not bashing on you even if it may seem so
ohmy.gif
but don't get me wrong, I am totally not, socom is a cool game ... >_> I am bashing on the people who had the brilliant idea mixing RE and socom
happy.gif

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt it's actually going to be a mix. Just because the company made Socom, doesn't mean every game they make will be like that. By the way, I'm not really a fan of the Resident Evil games.
smile.gif

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why is Capcom giving all their game franchises to western developers? First Devil May Cry, now this >:(
Capcom apparently thinks that Western developers are better than Japanese devs. If they just knew our opinion :/

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
arpeejajo said:
I doubt it's actually going to be a mix. Just because the company made Socom, doesn't mean every game they make will be like that. By the way, I'm not really a fan of the Resident Evil games.
smile.gif
*Shh, your ruining my moment here
nyanya.gif

anyhoo, I know it of course won't be a mix.. (though there is a very slight possibility that they make the game Look at least a bit like socom.. I mean tiny elements that you can see, ''Yes game is clearly made by socom team'')

But let's hope for the best and give them at least a chance I say... if it still feels like, cover the left, and flash-bang trough the door, i'll never trust resident evil made by socom again

p.s. I am not sure what I need the info for abot the part that you are not a RE fan
unsure.gif
...I am not a socom fan, does that count(?)..for..whatever?

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lube_Skyballer said:
Why is Capcom giving all their game franchises to western developers? First Devil May Cry, now this >:(
Capcom apparently thinks that Western developers are better than Japanese devs. If they just knew our opinion :/
Wooowww... wait Devil may cry as well???? :|
You need to tell me about that, I never heard anything like that >:3 who is going to ruin DMC??

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
alphajaehoon said:
arpeejajo said:
smile.gif
nyanya.gif

anyhoo, I know it of course won't be a mix.. (though there is a very slight possibility that they make the game Look at least a bit like socom.. I mean tiny elements that you can see, ''Yes game is clearly made by socom team'')

But let's hope for the best and give them at least a chance I say... if it still feels like, cover the left, and flash-bang trough the door, i'll never trust resident evil made by socom again

p.s. I am not sure what I need the info for abot the part that you are not a RE fan
unsure.gif

It was just to let people know, just in case one of the readers cares.
smile.gif

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
arpeejajo said:
alphajaehoon said:
arpeejajo said:
smile.gif
nyanya.gif

unsure.gif

It was just to let people know, just in case one of the readers cares.
smile.gif
Oh okaaaay, Got it now!!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8