[Rumor] New 3D Mario Hitting Wii U in 2013

D

Dork

nintendo's efforts are laughable.. a new mario game is gonna raise console sales? rofl... jus like nintendo has said they are having trouble selling the freaking console cuz' the general public don't know whether the wii u is just a wii with a tablet. :rofl2: get your PR straight nintendo. :yayps3:

gr8 b8 m8

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't usually post on these forums but I do have an opinion if anyone is interested. I owned and ran my own buy, sell, trade video game store for many years before I was sent to prison. I have lived through quite a few console launches and here are my thought on the Wii-U and Mario titles in general. OK, so we will start at the N64, this console sold very well here in the states but not so well in most other regions and this was also true for the Gamecube, though not as badly split. Here, we seem to just want those AAA first party titles. "Gimme Mario, gimme Metroid, gimme Zelda!" Sunshine IMHO was fantastic! definitely a AAA title but it was so damn different many persons had a bias against it and never gave it the time it was due because of that, and the Gamecube suffered in sales because of this and the Very different Wind Waker that I still cant stop hearing whining about, I LOVED Wind Waker

And to sum up that post:
sdökfjh lkjsfkljsd hkldsjfhslkjfhladskj fskdalfjh lkasjdfh kljdf halskdjfhalkjfhdklfjhasdlkf kljfha slkjfhasdlkfjhasdlkfjhsdlkfjahs flksjdafh askljfasdf asdf
fasdfasdfasdfasfasdfas fasdfsafsafasdfsaaaaafasdfasdgaslkjölkjvniudnglidgusdöjflk,mnxölcgjkasdögasdgbdlögkasndgödagfnaösldgdkfnzxcvzxcvz

That's too much text in one go, use breaks.

cammelspit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just mention that and not elaborate. I'm sure there's an interesting story somewhere here.

There is an interesting story but I dont think anyone really cares... But I was receiving some Grey market merchandise from a distributor and then Mesa cities organized crime squad set up a sting that my brother got caught in and I was there so I am automatically guilty too. Merica! Also I was growing Weed in my house but they seem to not care about that as much... Who knew? :P

And to sum up that post:
sdökfjh lkjsfkljsd hkldsjfhslkjfhladskj fskdalfjh lkasjdfh kljdf halskdjfhalkjfhdklfjhasdlkf kljfha slkjfhasdlkfjhasdlkfjhsdlkfjahs flksjdafh askljfasdf asdf
fasdfasdfasdfasfasdfas fasdfsafsafasdfsaaaaafasdfasdgaslkjölkjvniudnglidgusdöjflk,mnxölcgjkasdögasdgbdlögkasndgödagfnaösldgdkfnzxcvzxcvz

That's too much text in one go, use breaks.
Sorry but when I get going I cant really stop as I Word Vomit.

Reactions: Eerpow

yokomoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I would hope the new Mario game would be set in the mushroom kingdom. I just found playing as Mario in outer space on tiny little planets much less enjoyable.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that were the case, the 3DS sales would be equivalent to the sales those two games. What saved the 3DS was the price cut and new game releases in general, not solely Mario (although I'm not gonna lie - they helped).

Oh, you're right. Forgot about that price cut, came around the same time as the Mario games I think.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What the hell kind of rumors are these? Yes, a 3D Mario was somewhat confirmed in that nintendo direct early this year...along with a fuckload of other games, of which a whole bunch are to be released this year. So yes, that UK representative can promise that there'll be a huge push in 2013.

...but everything else, they just pull out of their own ass. There is no inside, anonymous source or any of that shit. And in fact, they even admit that anything news will be brought to in future nintendo directs...which directly torpedoes the news value of this rumor (as far as the "nintendo didn't confirm, but..." didn't already did that, obviously).

So congrats...we've fallen below even basic speculation to randomly making announcements out of thin air.

Question: if I make a blog post about a new metroid, based on someone mentioning Metroid and a random vague quote by a random nintendo spokesman...can it make "user submitted news" as well or do I have to make sense first?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So long as it's not like the Galaxy games, I will probably play it. I honestly didn't like those games in some ways, too repetitive and collecting starbits was tedious as hell. The level design was pretty solid though, if they can bring the kind of great gameplay of Super Mario 64 with the quality level design of the Galaxy games, it will be worth playing. Right now, we shall wait and see what Nintendo has to show of the game.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm actually against a 2013 release. 3D Mario games need time to flower.

Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 took around two years to make, Galaxy 2 actually took three years. I don't need to explain how awesome those titles are.
Then there's Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 3D Land, which they only put about a years worth of effort into. Still great games, mind you, but they're just not up to the standard of 3D Mario games. Gameplay was repetitive, and in the case of 3D Land you only have to play through the Special Worlds to see the laziness.

So yeah, hold the Wii U one off until 2014 at least, that would be great.

-Hero-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I enjoyed the setting being in a space, I would like for it to NOT be in space this time.

Sunshine 2 would be great, or if its more or close to SM64.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally, we haven't had a main title Mario since Galaxy 2 in 2010.

Some more interesting news from today:
- Nintendo was not comfortable fully promoting Wii U until the release the spring update
- working on a significant global Wii U marketing campaign
- more system issues ironed out in another big update
- blockbuster titles hitting Wii U from this Summer until early next year
3D Land says hi.
No, I agree. NSMB U? They've been milking that "New" thing since '05 on the DS. Ugh. And everyone knows Portable games on Nintendo consoles can't be considered canon/mainstream. Just ask New Super Mario Bros., Every two Sonic Rush games, Call of Duty MW3 Defiance.
Forget about Mario, doesn't anyone care what Retro Studios is up to?
I guess Mario Kart 7 and DKCR 3D (THREE-FREAKIN-D) aren't enough, eh?

The 3DS is a console, it's just a portable one. Shining or not shining in the portable format has little to do with the matter at hand - Super Mario World 3D was a main entry in the series.:P
D:
rofl.gif

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
3D Land says hi.
No, I agree. NSMB U? They've been milking that "New" thing since '05 on the DS. Ugh. And everyone knows Portable games on Nintendo consoles can't be considered canon/mainstream. Just ask New Super Mario Bros., Every two Sonic Rush games, Call of Duty MW3 Defiance.

I guess Mario Kart 7 and DKCR 3D (THREE-FREAKIN-D) aren't enough, eh?

D:
rofl.gif
Already said why I don't count M3DL.

Retro only made a few tracks+graphics for MK7, DKCR3D isn't handled by Retro at all.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: