Rumor: Microsoft To Announce 360 Successor in April

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One of their statements alluded to the possibility that you can play it over any WiFi connection (although the same WiFi connection as your PS4 will be the best).

The PS4 basically just acts as a server so it's entirely possible I'd think.

everyone seems to forget that the consoles don't last as long as the pc...
all those ps3 games everyone bought online? they won't be here in the next 10 years.

Steam games however... they will last MUCH more... as its a single platform (PC) instead of several that keep changing everything and not being compatible with their previous counterpart...

>Wii U
>Huge Library

Bazooper.

you did notice he mentioned PS3... or are you blind?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone seems to forget that the consoles don't last as long as the pc...
all those ps3 games everyone bought online? they wont be here in the next 10 years.

Steam games however... they will last MUCH more... as its a single platform (PC) instead of several that keep changing everything and not being compatible with their previous counterpart...

I think it's more correct that you won't be able to download them in the next ten years. Digital purchases won't magically disappear if they're already downloaded.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's more correct that you won't be able to download them in the next ten years. Digital purchases won't magically disappear if they're already downloaded.

Actually from what I understand on the PS3 at least they have to be authenticated every so often or they do stop working. Not sure how MS handles the 360 end of things.

Edit: Wait didn't they change that on the PS3? I mean after PSN was down for like a month after that whole hacking thing. I know some people where pretty pissed with some company for having "always on" DRM.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh look my console broke... let me buy a new one and... OH CRAP MY GAMES!! yeah... console DO break you know?

They're tied to accounts, not consoles as far, as I remember. (I think the Wii U is the only console that ties games to the consoles.)

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh look my console broke... let me buy a new one and... OH CRAP MY GAMES!! yeah... console DO break you know?

I am reminded of that South Park episode "Aaaaannd it's gone..."

To add a bit to what you said, the console could be fine but if the hard drive goes belly up. I guess you can back your stuff up, but who actually does that? lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Launch line-up was relatively impressive even before E3
You mean like 2 games ?

Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous: Second Son, The Witness, Diablo III, Knack, and Watch Dogs are all possible for launch.

Later on there's The Witcher 3 and Destiny. Possibly Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

Reactions: Foxi4

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous: Second Son, The Witness, Diablo III, Knack, and Watch Dogs are all possible for launch.

Diablo III.... I have it on the PC, save your 60 bucks if you buy a PS4... or hell even if you own a PS3 don't buy it... Maybe after there is an expansion pack it might be worth it. That game is hardly something to get excited about. (I have made money playing it, and I still don't like it...)

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

7 games... 2 at least multiplatform (don't know what is the witness nor knack)... it's like saying the wii u had a great launch line up...

also have they stated those are the launch line up games for the console or just project on the works that could be displayed to show the potential of the console itself?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is I absolutely LOVE IT when Nintendo comes out with a product and everyone calls it dumb and says it is doomed to failure, yet still turn around and shamelessly rip it off afterwards.

Heck, the WiiU does not sound like it is doing well in the market, and still Sony is racing to rip it off. Classic!!!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is I absolutely LOVE IT when Nintendo comes out with a product and everyone calls it dumb and says it is doomed to failure, yet still turn around and shamelessly rip it off afterwards.

Heck, the WiiU does not sound like it is doing well in the market, and still Sony is racing to rip it off. Classic!!!

I love imaginary scenarios, too!

Reactions: Scuba156

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@foxi4 Highly unrealistic to believe that's the launch lineup. Some titles yes, but all of them no. Games always get delayed. Sony showed some games at the ps3 event that never came out. On the Nintendo side of things, I would have bet money on KI being a 3ds launch title with how much video we saw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill