Rumor: Microsoft To Announce 360 Successor in April

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Microsoft will need to bring their A-game methinks, because on paper it's looking quite a bit less powerful than the PS4.... rumours are suggesting they'll be upping the RAM to 16GB, but that's only DDR3 so will still not compete with 8GB of GDDR5, and that's without even looking at the inferior GPU... A trump up their sleeve would of course be full BC - much easier to achieve here, and 360 fans seem a bit more manic about their 'cheevos' than PS3 fans and their trops/plats, so announcing that will be good news.... (plus my lads can carry over Minecraft worlds to the new console & carry on playing it on the big telly etc)
Personally I can't wait for the new console as I'm a massive Forza fan/general petrolhead and will honestly get the new Xbox just for that (yep, weirdo, that's me!), but for everything else I'm looking forward to the PS4! :D
I dare ya to try change my mind Microsoft - do yer best! ;)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Microsoft will need to bring their A-game methinks, because on paper it's looking quite a bit less powerful than the PS4.... rumours are suggesting they'll be upping the RAM to 16GB, but that's only DDR3 so will still not compete with 8GB of GDDR5, and that's without even looking at the inferior GPU... A trump up their sleeve would of course be full BC - much easier to achieve here, and 360 fans seem a bit more manic about their 'cheevos' than PS3 fans and their trops/plats, so announcing that will be good news.... (plus my lads can carry over Minecraft worlds to the new console & carry on playing it on the big telly etc)
Personally I can't wait for the new console as I'm a massive Forza fan/general petrolhead and will honestly get the new Xbox just for that (yep, weirdo, that's me!), but for everything else I'm looking forward to the PS4! :D
I dare ya to try change my mind Microsoft - do yer best! ;)

It's really sad that that's what gaming has become these days -__-

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's looking like I'm going to be sticking with just Sony this gen. (Save for the Nintendo 3DS.) I'll still watch the conference though.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's really sad that that's what gaming has become these days -__-
??? - One of my current fave games is (surprise) Forza Horizon.... beautiful looking game! I can still slam on the brakes in certain areas, scroll the camera round and just gawp at the scenery... now if you're moaning about my 'graffix fix' or the anally retentative RAM comparison then yeah, guilty as charged: as wonderful as Forza Horizon looks, it'd look that much sweeter in 1080p and 60fps! So yeah, bring on the next gen.... Good graphics do not a great game make, sure, but they don't half help (and really the industry has been like this since the arrival of 16bit)

If however you're on about so many gamers and their fixation with their gamerscores, then yeah I'm totally with you there! ;)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
??? - One of my current fave games is (surprise) Forza Horizon.... beautiful looking game! I can still slam on the brakes in certain areas, scroll the camera round and just gawp at the scenery... now if you're moaning about my 'graffix fix' or the anally retentative RAM comparison then yeah, guilty as charged: as wonderful as Forza Horizon looks, it'd look that much sweeter in 1080p and 60fps! So yeah, bring on the next gen.... Good graphics do not a great game make, sure, but they don't half help (and really the industry has been like this since the arrival of 16bit)

If however you're on about so many gamers and their fixation with their gamerscores, then yeah I'm totally with you there! ;)

I mean graphics.

It's because of everybody wanting everything to look as real as possible, that titles such as Okami that offer an art visual don't get much notice.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean graphics.

It's because of everybody wanting everything to look as real as possible, that titles such as Okami that offer an art visual don't get much notice.

You're confusing "realistic" with "good".

I want my games to look as good as possible. Okami may look "good" but it could look a thousand times better with improved hardware. Why do you think people are drooling over Wind Waker HD?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have to start with the "Gamers only care about graphics nowadays" bit? Gamers have always cared about graphics. Always. This isn't some new trend; it's always been with us.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean graphics.

Ahh... well it depends entirely on the game for me, I loved every minute of Okami, and have got the HD version (which I'm not sure if you'll like or not haha) for my PS3 too... my other current fave game is Ni No Kuni, a wonderfully arty game you've probably seen.
When it comes to Forza, or GT, rally... NFS, then yes, the better the graphics! The way the game plays is most important, but in Forza if you've got the track/cockpit looking damn near what it looks like for an actual driver, how can that be a bad thing?Realism is good in a racing game coz quite frankly how many of us can nip out for a quick 5 minutes round Le Mans in our Bugatti Veyrons?
Okami is an art direction and a similar effect can be acheived (with arguably a much better result) on a more powerful console. Indeed you're right about the push for realism and I don't want to see games like that disappear either - games are a half hour escape from realism for most of us after a hard days work - but more powerful consoles aren't the ONLY reason for the change in game style, publishers release the games that bring the money in...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do we have to start with the "Gamers only care about graphics nowadays" bit? Gamers have always cared about graphics. Always. This isn't some new trend; it's always been with us.

No they didn't. Otherwise the Genesis/Master System wouldn't be anywhere near as close in sales to the Super Nintendo, which was far superior in practically every way.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they didn't. Otherwise the Genesis/Master System wouldn't be anywhere near as close in sales to the Super Nintendo, which was far superior in practically every way.

The Genesis was originally sold entirely on its graphical prowess - remember "Blast Processing"? (You also have to remember that the Genesis was at first competing with the 8-bit NES. And the SNES, far superior? Hardly. It beat the Genesis, sure, but they were closer than you seem to think.)

It's easy to forget, but just because something no longer looks spectacular to us doesn't mean it wasn't a spectacle. People were blown away by games like Virtua Fighter - the graphics were the biggest selling point.

People have always cared about graphics - and at the same, graphics have never been the sole deciding factor. Even in this generation, supposedly the most "graphics obsessed", the weakest console won. The PS3's graphical prowess didn't save it from a tumultuous release. Take off the nostalgia goggles, they're blinding you.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still think it is funny that after the PS4 announce, Sony stock went down 2% and Nintendo went up 2%. That's not a lot but still funny.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going by their policy that any multi platfrom game should have atleast the same content on disk than the other consoles the specs for the nextbox are irrelevant... they should be inferior to the ones of the ps4 so microsoft will pay less manufacturing the console itself... multi plat games will have the same content while exclusives are not sold by their graphics

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't I hear talk of portable gaming in the house with the PS4? Doesn't the PS3 have Wiimotes? Didn't Microsoft come out with Kinect?

I don't need a tissue, unless it's to clear up tears from laughter. :)

You mean like Remote Play? Which was out before the Wii U on the PS3?

The Move, yes it's a copy, but it's old news.

Also, it's the PS Eye. Like... the older PS Eye.

It's all just evolved Sony tech.

Reactions: Gahars

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want the best possible graphics available. If the cards don't look real in Freecell and the tiles don't look real in Shanghai then the games just cannot be fun at all!!
Come on now. I like great graphics as much as the rest of you, but if a game isn't fun to play the graphics won't mean shit. It has to be a mingling of good gameplay and good to great graphics that will really decide. So it is really more dependent on the software makers than the actual console itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong