Rumor: Details On Next Skyrim DLC Leaked

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Oct 16, 2012.

Oct 16, 2012
  1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Many Skyrim fans weren't entirely pleased with the last expansion, Hearthfire. While it was great for the home decorating crowd, players wanting epic quests and monsters to slay were left wanting.

Well, before you can finally put your character to rest and get on with other games, it seems like Bethesda may be swooping in with some brand new content. Files hidden in a recent patch seem to point towards a new expansion, titled "Dragonborn".

According to the poster on Bethesda's forum who made this discovery...

All of this information has yet to be confirmed, of course, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt.

So, what do you think? Is this anything to shout about, or are you Fus Ro Done with the land of Skyrim?

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I dont even know what to say to that. After it being layed out so plainly in front of me, who the heck plays a game like Skyrim for HOME DECOR lol

3. Flame

Member Flame Me > You

I still need to play Skyrim. But it seems like too much effort.

1 person likes this.
  4. geishroy

Member geishroy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    lol, that's a good one.

5. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Solsthiem? Wasnt that a location from Morrowind? Hmm, Telvanni was also often used term for a clan in Morrowind.

I think its safe to say it takes place in Morrowind. Which means shitons of racism, slavery and over all dakr attitude :D

6. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    On an island huh, so like Shivering isles. Maybe that will make all the "all dlc should be as good as shivering isles, no exceptions." crowd shut up. As for me, I look forward to it whatever it may turn out to be, more content is always good in my book.

7. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Interesting. A return to a well loved location with new, fancy graphics and gameplay. This DLC might just be a Morrowin-win for the fans.

3 people like this.
  8. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    But... Shivering Isles wasnt even that good... Bloodmoon was way better...

9. AkiroWolfman

Member AkiroWolfman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Bloodmoon was good I enjoyed it but Tribual was kinda a let down. Morrowind was OK but way overhyped in my opinion. Skyrim took the forumla of the last two games and made it the best. Which is why it's the best game in the series in my opinion. Shivering Isles was also excellant, you can't beat Sheogoroth.

10. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    New armors? Count me in, I'm getting kinda tired of my Daedric Armor :(

11. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Heh, it'll be interesting to see the change in the land. It's the lore that keeps me in this game, a lot of people miss a ton of it only doing main quest and a handful of side missions.

12. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    So far I can safely say that the DLC released has not been very interesting to me unlike Oblivion where I absolutely loved most of the DLC I can't really say the same for Skyrim.

1 person likes this.
  13. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Might be interested, if PS3 wasnt my main console........

14. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    No shit. I don't know why they're still coming out with new DLC when they can't even get the DLC on the PS3 to work. They should be putting all their resources to giving the PS3 users the same experience, but no.

And all honesty, lets just say hypothetically they do get the DLC to work on the PS3, it better not be charged at full price. It better be discounted, or have something extra for PS3 users and say "you know what, hey, we're sorry you had to wait this long. The blame is all on us. And to make it up to you..."

15. Traversal

Member Traversal SASUKE-KUUUUUN~~~

United States
    Slostheim eh? Sounds like they won't have to make much new art assets (Or at least outside assets (Other then architecture) ). In Bloodmoon, it was just an island off of the coast of Vvardenfell (Of the coast of Morrowind) that was said to be similar to Skyrim.

16. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    I think it's time for you to move over to pc gaming, at least for skyrim anyway.

17. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    You must not have liked the house DLC for Oblivion then. This is a common practice, have a few expansions slated, then release smaller DLCs in between the expansions. Dawnguard was a Knights of the Nine sized expansion, and Hearthfire was a dungeon sized expansion [small]. This one will likely be either another DG sized one, or it will be Shivering Isle sized, and I hope it's the latter.

This expansion is looking pretty big. An entire island to explore? Yes, please. Perhaps this will revolve are the ancient Dwemer, maybe they'll return to the plane of Mundus. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm getting excited all over again. Perhaps I'll put another 500 hours into Skyrim on top of the 1500+ I already have.

EDIT: If you guys don't get Skyrim DLC on the PS3 by the year, don't count on it at all.

18. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Skyrim armour mods says hi
    It's the other way around for me, I didn't really like Oblivion DLC all that much, Skyrim is just a superior experience IMHO. The 2nd DLC was disappointing, but something for the real role-players.

19. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I know, I have tens of mods, I just like to keep gameplay mods to a minimum... I'm not confortable with new armors, mobs power level is already stupid right now (too weak or too strong) :/

I still dunno why magic users instant kill me even if I'm level 50...

20. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Oh, I thought you meant you just got tired of the way your armour looks.
    I fully agree by the new armours/weapons thing btw, they are very often overpowered. I can't comment on the magic user thingy, it's been really too long (aprox 10 months) since I last touched Skyrim :)