finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wait... Blockbuster? They still exist?

Weird... All the Blockbuster stores I know closed down...
They're still quite prominent here in the UK at least (though dying down a bit due to Lovefilm and Netflix).

Seems Blockbuster Canada went bankrupt...
I guess it's still healthy in other countries.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're still quite prominent here in the UK at least (though dying down a bit due to Lovefilm and Netflix).
The absolutely preposterous amount of money they charge for used games can't help either. Honestly, in a lot of cases they charge more than buying a brand new copy elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
cod bo2 surely

I thought Activision announced that they're not supporting the Wii U or something. I remember reading some article where someone was like "Baaaah the Wii U is doomed to fail without CoD!" Correct me if I'm wrong.

But most of this stuff was "announced" (well, "announced" as in "something along these lines will happen" not "full reveal with name, details, etc") or it's just random stuff. I wouldn't take this list too seriously.
Nothing of the sort happened. The only news I can find is Bobby Kotic pledging full support for the console at last E3

That said this list is bullshit. It's not a bad list, but it's just not accurate. Shield Pose was a demo, like one of the Wii Play minigames, and I was under the impression the Wii U Mario was only based on the demo from E3, not a full version of it. That and there's two Rabbids games,

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Activision announced that they're not supporting the Wii U or something. I remember reading some article where someone was like "Baaaah the Wii U is doomed to fail without CoD!" Correct me if I'm wrong.
It was a "analyst" that stated that Activision weren't supporting the Wii U, no one at Activision actually said if they were or not. Can't really see why they wouldn't do a version, I mean its not like they'll need to do much work for it and they've have done Wii versions even late last year. Pretty sure they'd want in on being "the" online FPS for Wii U.

(bolded the ones I believe haven't currently been announced, will edit those that were)

4. Metro Last Light

25. Ghost Recon Online
Metro Last Light has been confirmed by THQ and the developers have talked about that verison.
GRO was shown at E3 2011, it was the only 3rd part Wii U title to be playable

Some of them looks promising. :)

not really just ports from the ps3/xbox also way too many rayman rabids games just like the wii had....
Take a look at the last gen launch titles, they always have lots of ports. At least these "ports" all seem to actually have effort put into the Wii U versions maybe not much for those who have a PS3/360/PC though, but enough for us who will get one if Nintendo has something special for it on launch day. I mean barring some kind of major bork, I'd happily go for a Wii U version of Spilnter Cell 6 than the other versions, FPS games though I'll play on my PC.

Also I'd expect to see that LEGO Stories game seeing that was meant to be released this year.

Basically it seems less of a old port machine than 3DS, Gamecube & Wii were. Seriously

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt we would have 2 major nintendo titles (mario and pikmin) at launch, but a man can dream I suppose. If true, and I was actually getting at launch, I'd probably get those two, Rayman, and either Batman or Assassins Creed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel