Hardware [Rumor?]3DS firmware update comming March 20th?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CrimzonEyed
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 26,697
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Likes Likes 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone please tell me how i upload a picture (of the 3ds e-shop error) to gabtemp?
 
Hopefully we will see it tomorrow, for the record many 3DS system updates have been released on Wednesdays.
Take this with a grain of salt though.
 
A non ambassador can dream can't he/she?

No. Those ambassador games are for us ambassadors for getting the console early. It was Nintendo's apology for the horrible launch. You guys can have the NES games, those are already showing up on the shop, but you guys should never get the GBA games. If so, Nintendo is going to have to give us Ambassadors something again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people
With respect Shadow Soldier, what part of "you (ambassadors) are getting the games free while everyone else has to pay" don't you get? Regardless of whether other people get them or not, you got arguably $100 of free DLC in compensation that the rest of us have to pay for. I find it insane just how butthurt some ambassadors are being over the concept. Ambassadors are basically asking later adopters to be punished for something that was not their fault, and they had no control over. I think ALL Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games should be released to the eshop, if only for the sake of having the complete Nintendo handheld library on one handheld (something we have not officially had since after the DSLite).
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people
I'm an Ambassador, and I have no problem with non-Ambassadors getting the same games I got for a price. In a sense, I already paid for mine upfront while also paying less in total. However, there are some of the free games I don't really care for, and would rather have had them switched with something else. With that in mind, that might be one reason why Ambassadors have a problem, because non-Ambassadors can pick-and-choose, without having to pay for those games they don't want, while Ambassadors are stuck with them at the flat price.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
62 user(s) are reading this topic

21 members, 40 guests, 1 anonymous users


Impressive...

I think we're all waiting for this:

"This update will add the application "Nintendo Network" to the 3DS and excludes the Nintendo eShop
Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Network Shop (DLC feature)"
 
I'm an Ambassador, and I have no problem with non-Ambassadors getting the same games I got for a price. In a sense, I already paid for mine upfront while also paying less in total. However, there are some of the free games I don't really care for, and would rather have had them switched with something else. With that in mind, that might be one reason why Ambassadors have a problem, because non-Ambassadors can pick-and-choose, without having to pay for those games they don't want, while Ambassadors are stuck with them at the flat price.

I was actually thinking about that after I posted, and I think you're right... Perhaps Nintendo should have just given ambassadors $100 in credit instead (that could be used towards games, eshop, and anything else 3DS related)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
I'm an Ambassador, and I have no problem with non-Ambassadors getting the same games I got for a price. In a sense, I already paid for mine upfront while also paying less in total. However, there are some of the free games I don't really care for, and would rather have had them switched with something else. With that in mind, that might be one reason why Ambassadors have a problem, because non-Ambassadors can pick-and-choose, without having to pay for those games they don't want, while Ambassadors are stuck with them at the flat price.

I was actually thinking about that after I posted, and I think you're right... Perhaps Nintendo should have just given ambassadors $100 in credit instead (that could be used towards games, eshop, and anything else 3DS related)

They still could, since they have a list of all those 3DSs that are of Ambassador status. Just make all those games free, then credit those specific devices.
 
"Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones. This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content."

If I recall correctly, that's something that should have happened in January.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
@People being hurt about the possibility of Ambassador games for the rest of us: You got the games for FREE. I don't see any kind of Sony PS3 Ambassador program for people who bought the PS3 at launch for a gazillion moneyz. I don't see any ambassador program for Microsoft having a horrible record of RRoDs. Only thing I see is people trying to prevent a company from releasing their content for everyone to enjoy. Sure you guys bought a console for an insane price, but that was your choice. Hardware prices are bound to go down at one point, this time it was just sooner than later (and probably saved a lot for Nintendo and the 3DS).

tl;dr: You bought the console early, deal with it. You got free content that costs money for the rest. Let's not be self centered and try to stop others from enjoying the games that are made for enjoyment and entertainment.

Actually Nintendo is the one losing here. They're losing income to piracy since they're not even giving the option of paying for the game. No wonder people download stuff... It's not available in a legal way so that Nintendo could profit :P
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 people
@People being hurt about the possibility of Ambassador games for the rest of us: You got the games for FREE. I don't see any kind of Sony PS3 Ambassador program for people who bought the PS3 at launch for a gazillion moneyz. I don't see any ambassador program for Microsoft having a horrible record of RRoDs. Only thing I see is people trying to prevent a company from releasing their content for everyone to enjoy. Sure you guys bought a console for an insane price, but that was your choice. Hardware prices are bound to go down at one point, this time it was just sooner than later (and probably saved a lot for Nintendo and the 3DS).

tl;dr: You bought the console early, deal with it. You got free content that costs money for the rest. Let's not be self centered and try to stop others from enjoying the games that are made for enjoyment and entertainment.

Actually Nintendo is the one losing here. They're losing income to piracy since they're not even giving the option of paying for the game. No wonder people download stuff... It's not available in a legal way so that Nintendo could profit :P
If I could like this a billion times, I would
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
>Ambassadors get free content
>Other people have to pay for the same content, while getting it months later
>Nintendo had no obligation to give you jack shit, almost no companies do upon inevitable price drops
>Nintendo made no promises not to release the content to the public, only stating that they have 'no plans'
>You're getting angry and demanding additional content, compensation and refunds, while getting offended at the suggestion that anyone else be able to play your games
Holy shit I never thought I'd ever use the term 'gamer entitlement', but... :wtf:

...

Anyway, eShop is down for me. We'll see.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted