ROM Hack Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
In the final of the victory road my Pokemon Black in Ez-flash Vi is in black screen, my backup of pokemon black has a patch of spanish and ISP patch for experience, help please.

aeolus426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to say thank you very much i imported white and needed the black pokemon and these patches are working perfectly on my acekard 2i i'm able trade with my white version and didnt need a translation patch

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, thanks for all the nice work so far
smile.gif
However, 2 things:

Firstly, if you're searching for a fix for White (like me), don't bother trying out every single version, V1, V3 and V4 contain exactly the same executable (see checksums):
Code:
; Generated by WIN-SFV32 v1.0
Patchwv1.exe B21EA69D
Patchwv3.exe B21EA69D
Patchwv4.exe B21EA69D

Second, I'm still stuck at the first battle (White, AKAIO 1.7.1, AK2i)... after I chose my starter, I can save&load, but as soon as the first battle against that girl is supposed to start, I get a black screen with the music still playing... maybe this doesn't have anything to do with the patch not working properly though, I'm still investigating...

I'm thankful for any suggestions however...
~Greetz

EDIT: I'm now guessing it's got something to do with the AK2i + DSi setup... anyone able to confirm RCP patched ROMs are running on AK2i + DSi ?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use V2 or V1 patch for AKAIO, works just fine for me

Does this patch work for other games, OP? Looking to see if I can fix scribblenauts

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlackNeedle said:
Hey there, thanks for all the nice work so far
smile.gif
However, 2 things:

Firstly, if you're searching for a fix for White (like me), don't bother trying out every single version, V1, V3 and V4 contain exactly the same executable (see checksums):
Code:
; Generated by WIN-SFV32 v1.0
Patchwv1.exe B21EA69D
Patchwv3.exe B21EA69D
Patchwv4.exe B21EA69D

Second, I'm still stuck at the first battle (White, AKAIO 1.7.1, AK2i)... after I chose my starter, I can save&load, but as soon as the first battle against that girl is supposed to start, I get a black screen with the music still playing... maybe this doesn't have anything to do with the patch not working properly though, I'm still investigating...

I'm thankful for any suggestions however...
~Greetz

EDIT: I'm now guessing it's got something to do with the AK2i + DSi setup... anyone able to confirm RCP patched ROMs are running on AK2i + DSi ?

tell that to Rudolph

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendude92 said:
Works great with v2, or was it 1.. also applied the v3 english patch
Strange. Doesn't work for me, applied Rudolph, Translation, Rudoph /w Translation, Rudolph with different dumps, Rudolph & Translation with different dumps, ... I guess you get the point.
Since it's always the same freeze (black screen at the start of first battle) I'm also inclined to think it's not a read/write error. Also clean dumps give the same result, white and black both alike.
That leaves me without any trace whats wrong here... oh well, that's back to waiting for me, I'm not going to sacrifice much more time/effort into this.

aeolus426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackNeedle said:
Strange. Doesn't work for me, applied Rudolph, Translation, Rudoph /w Translation, Rudolph with different dumps, Rudolph & Translation with different dumps, ... I guess you get the point.
Since it's always the same freeze (black screen at the start of first battle) I'm also inclined to think it's not a read/write error. Also clean dumps give the same result, white and black both alike.
That leaves me without any trace whats wrong here... oh well, that's back to waiting for me, I'm not going to sacrifice much more time/effort into this.

maybe it's your sd card i have an acekard 2i with aiko 1.7, i used patches 2 and 4 with no translation patch. i put it on a micro sd 2gb and it would go black after i input my trainer name. after trying so many patches i switched it to a kingston micro sdhc 4gb class 4 and it works perfectly fine.the only problem for me is that i copied the save when i had a pokemon in the dream world and now that it's back i cant send one with my flash card or with my retail white version

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me a link of where to download the black v3 patch. the link in the first post is dead.

Wow that didn't take long. Right after posting i open his youtube vid and find a working one.
http://linkbee.com/GDSQD update the first post with that link for rudolphs v3 patch for pokemon black

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pocchama1996 said:
Can anyone give me a link of where to download the black v3 patch. the link in the first post is dead.

Wow that didn't take long. Right after posting i open his youtube vid and find a working one.
http://linkbee.com/GDSQD update the first post with that link for rudolphs v3 patch for pokemon black

already did thanks for telling me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @MysticStarlight, thx vivian fan