Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
You're expecting the story fragments to be submitted....in order?

*shrug* I was just going by the initial "in the city" idea.I meant like, somebody who comes here can see what the latest suggestion was and base theirs off of that. Anyways how will your start be modified?

QUOTE(Sheaperd121 @ Feb 27 2011, 09:18 PM) I should have put 4 paths. I didn't mean actually roads, just four paths.
I'll just say "four streets" since you're in the city.
How am I in a city if I go into a cave? You are hiking through the woods, not the city.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd, what he's saying is that your segment and mine don't match up....at all....
So either yours or mine will have to be completely rewritten.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Sheapard, what he's saying is that your segment and mine don't match up....at all....
So either yours or mine will have to be completely rewritten.
Oh, alright.

I'll rewrite mine then since I didn't know they had to be connected.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Only the intros need changing, since you all started out at a place other than where the last segments left off.

I updated the first post again to hopefully be more clear.
Alright, well I already changed mine to match vulpes, so whos need changing now?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That can be done. I began writing it as though it wasn't the very first steps out the door. It was intended to be somewhere in the middle.
Will edit after breakfast.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes said he'd edit after he ate, but it's been a few days. If there's a new reply to a thread you've posted in the icon is different both on the forums and in the "new posts" list, I was counting on him checking that instead of bothering to PM him since as a global mod he's got more duties now, and his free time to do this would be in the same time period as the time to spent foruming (which is when he'd see this notice).

imeanwhat

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Vulpes said he'd edit after he ate, but it's been a few days. If there's a new reply to a thread you've posted in the icon is different both on the forums and in the "new posts" list, I was counting on him checking that instead of bothering to PM him since as a global mod he's got more duties now, and his free time to do this would be in the same time period as the time to spent foruming (which is when he'd see this notice).

imeanwhat

I guess some people like to take their time.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Correct Choice:
Choice B is good; allows you to find the cheat on the dead moogle in the alley, and leaves you with a smelly shoe. The best choice is C which would allow the fox to meet up with you later in the game during a boss-battle. This is absolutely nothing like the dog in Resident Evil 4. Completely different.
You have choices 1 to 4...and you select Choice B?
blink.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
between the pokemon noobflood and severe sinus headaches for the past three days i've not thought much about this project. mea culpa.

PK: Oh hush you.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You get ready to go to work, but you can't remember where you work. Where do you work?

1. At the dentistry
2. At the Coke factory
3. At the corner store
4. You don't work at all.

1. You walk in and the dentist slips, and a dental drill goes through you.
2. You fall into a vat of acid and die.
3. You remember that the store is closed on Sundays. Survive.
4. Your house is bombed as a part of a military project.

No ASCII art, I can't do it.

K

Kurisuellegarden

You're walking along the path to your next place to stop on the map and a very wise man wearing tights. He waves his hands at you to wave you over to him. He then speaks.
ADVENTURER! Don't enter the cave! It's dangerous!" You think to yourself, if he didn't want me to enter, then why did he call me over? What will you do now?

You get the crap beaten out of you by a huge giant unicorn, with snakes as hair, being ridden by the Goblin of Wood. You scream loudly hoping that the man would hear you, but to your dismay, you get thrown wall to wall in a gruesome bloody manner. You are dead.
You leave, feeling a little empty, because you didn't fulfill your curiosity. You feel so empty...OH WAIT! You realize your soul was kidnapped by that creep! You are dead.
You take a slash at him. You miss completely, as if you were drunk. Wait, you are drunk. You're in a bed now? Laying next to him? What happened!? You feel something poke your behind. You are dead.
You peek into the cave. There's a very scary sounding noise in there. The heavy breathing sends chills down your spine. Do you still dare enter?

Only Look at these if you choose 4 said:
You walk into the cave. Out of the darkness, a very tall handsome man greets you, filling you with warmth inside your heart. What a strange sensation for you. He hands you a "sack" of gold and you grin, cheek to cheek. Then you turn around after he pats your back and you leave feeling a little richer and glad that you explored that hole.
You turn around and leave, you say thanks for the warning to that creepy guy. The guy just winks back at you and says "GOOD CHOICE ADVENTURER!". You get this strange feeling that you missed out on a great opportunity. Or maybe not.

I would love to write way more for this game if you guys will allow, I've tried programming my own game using this same type of idea but I just had issues figuring out how to handle multiple choice lines. :wtf: I thought it would be a great first game for someone with minimal C++ experience. And I mean MINIMAL! xD I got setting up the buttons to actions and all of those fine but couldn't figure out how to have each branch of into something else.

Tell me what you think of my choice thing o-o

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey rydian, why don't you just choose which one to use (the story and choices i mean); and arrange them? or make one website (or what) just only for submitting the story?
anyway i make one
biggrin.gif

Moonshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd like to contribute by helping to write the story. I'm still a new member, so I won't manage to include inside jokes, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo