Hacking ROP from within IOS_USB (5.5.1)

D

Deleted User

Can you please upload the mp4 version of the OTP via IOSU?
I don't think an MP4 version of the OTP retriever would be possible. Libwiiu does not have (most of?) the neccessary library/include files for it. Only ELF (and possibly RPX soon?) are the only possible means of being able to boot the example for now.

Mario10095

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think an MP4 version of the OTP retriever would be possible. Libwiiu does not have (most of?) the neccessary library/include files for it. Only ELF (and possibly RPX soon?) are the only possible means of being able to boot the example for now.
ok, but is there a way to do this without an SD card because my SD card slot is messed up?

Mario10095

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you should really send your Wiiu to repair , The Sd card is going to be the most important factor when a CFW is released.
My micro-SD to SD card converter broke inside of my Wii U. Do you think i could try to get the piece with something, and if so what?

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the advent of this have anything to do with boot0 or boot1? like that last thing people were talking about, but it's exceptionally brick-risky to screw with? Or with messing with boot0, boot1 require another exploit? Are the OTP keys necessary to decrypt / encrypt a NAND back up to do CFW stuff to it? Such as dump > use keys to decrypt > patch > re-encrypt?

recgame77

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
does the advent of this have anything to do with boot0 or boot1? like that last thing people were talking about, but it's exceptionally brick-risky to screw with? Or with messing with boot0, boot1 require another exploit? Are the OTP keys necessary to decrypt / encrypt a NAND back up to do CFW stuff to it? Such as dump > use keys to decrypt > patch > re-encrypt?

Boot1 , kernel PPC and iosu firwware are 3 ancast images encrypted with 3 different keys;
the boot1 key has not been publicly leaked so far.

kernel ppc and iosu firmware are both located within OSV10 (Base release OS) "partition" and boot1 in its "own partition". I think both are located on the slc and not the mlc.

boot0 is located on a separate bootrom and i think is encrypted by a custom per console encryption key (not sure)

The near future will be to allow loadinne an other homebrew to get usb access permissions by using the iosu exploit. regarding cfw it could be possible to trigger the exploit and then kind of relaunch the OS with nand redirection .. For a CFW at boot , i think/guess that another trick / exploit is required and not disclosed atm.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I really
My micro-SD to SD card converter broke inside of my Wii U. Do you think i could try to get the piece with something, and if so what?
have no idea, but i advice you not to mess with it and send it to Nintendo , or someone who has knowledge in repairing stuff.

D

Deleted User

I really

have no idea, but i advise you not to mess with it and send it to Nintendo , or someone who has knowledge in repairing stuff.
I don't think Nintendo would repair that. They only repair liquid damage and physical damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk