Hacking Rominator for NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieOPah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody else had problems transferring games since the new release?

I have tried both dragging and dropping the games to the flash card (my usual way) and by using the Rom Queue. Both methods result in errors (bugs submitted).

Just wanted to know whether or not it was just me or a common thing....

Thanks.

Staralfur

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just downgraded back to 5.3.2 from 5.3.3 on mac osx due to errors and crashes.

Program quits when trying to auto rename a ROM and also an error is displayed when viewing ROM info.

Didn't get as far as trying to put ROMs onto the flash card.

Whodaimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue.

I can't transfer games to my card, it crashes. Just in case it matters, I'm using the adapter that came with the CycloDS.

M

Mephisto

Yep, same problem here. Zipped roms crash when trying to transfer to a MicroSD.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I loe the way that when deleting from my SD, rominator always asks if I would like to backup my savegame and delete the .sav

Anyways, I find this quite useless when I'm flashing back to my micro SD. When I'm flashing a game, rominator doesnt check if the game to be flashed has any savegames, neither it asks me if I would liek to move the lates savegame to mi microSD along with the rom...

Please make this a future feature
tongue.gif

Whodaimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
farfet said:
I loe the way that when deleting from my SD, rominator always asks if I would like to backup my savegame and delete the .sav

Anyways, I find this quite useless when I'm flashing back to my micro SD. When I'm flashing a game, rominator doesnt check if the game to be flashed has any savegames, neither it asks me if I would liek to move the lates savegame to mi microSD along with the rom...

tongue.gif

This feature is manual, go to tools -> show game saves. Checked saves are transferred with the game you have highlighted.

Update:

I've now tried all formats, none work.

Zip, rZip, and raw .nds files will not transfer.

There is also a hard crash upon decompressing rZip's.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Whodaimen said:
farfet said:

tongue.gif

This feature is manual, go to tools -> show game saves. Checked saves are transferred with the game you have highlighted.
Then why not make it automatic. Or at least, when flashing a rom, pop a question window asking if the user wants to flash the latest .sav along with the .nds?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
farfet said:
Whodaimen said:
farfet said:

tongue.gif

Then why not make it automatic. Or at least, when flashing a rom, pop a question window asking if the user wants to flash the latest .sav along with the .nds?

Henry told me that next version will have the option to automatically backup the save.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Salamantis said:
farfet said:
Whodaimen said:
farfet said:

tongue.gif

Henry told me that next version will have the option to automatically backup the save.
woohoo!
grog.gif

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The preferences in Rominator allow setting a GBA rom folder, but for whatever reason I am unable to add any GBA roms, is this feature not fully implemented yet? Also I have the Trim when flashing option enabled, however, since I use GBAexpLoader (or whatever rudolph's one is called) I can only use clean GBA roms... so is there (will there be) an option to disable trimming for GBA, but allow for NDS?

Also I cant remember if I suggested this before or not, but for the Mac version at least, it would be REALLY helpful if when right-clicking a ROM there was the option to "Reveal in Finder."

*Edit* read previous posts to find out that GBA feature is not fully implemented yet...
rolleyes.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LordMelkor said:
The preferences in Rominator allow setting a GBA rom folder, but for whatever reason I am unable to add any GBA roms, is this feature not fully implemented yet? Also I have the Trim when flashing option enabled, however, since I use GBAexpLoader (or whatever rudolph's one is called) I can only use clean GBA roms... so is there (will there be) an option to disable trimming for GBA, but allow for NDS?

He's working on it, not finished yet so it had to be disabled.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I cant start rominator up, i keep getting a send error report prompt.
I just unpacked the rominator.exe with the rominator data folder and just tried to boot it up.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Swip said:
I cant start rominator up, i keep getting a send error report prompt.
I just unpacked the rominator.exe with the rominator data folder and just tried to boot it up.

Yeah I gotta fix it... something seems to have slipped through into the release that I'll have fixed today.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
sphere9 said:
can we please have a database update?
smile.gif

Ask and ye shall receive
wink.gif
(Actually, don't ask, because DB updates are a normal thing, so it's something that doesn't need to be requested
tongue.gif
)

I didn't do the update last weekend because it was my birthday and I had a Rock Band party (minus the alcohol, we don't drink in our home), so I figured I deserved a week off
smile.gif

The database is online now though. I've also spent 12 hours yesterday crunching away at Rominator, and I plan to spend about another 9 today... let's see what I have for you guys
wink.gif

--Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare