Homebrew Rom Card that allows updates

Zer02325

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a ROM card that you can use even after you update your DSi? Currently im using a DSTTi and i feel its time to upgrade and i need to know which one is teh best

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you can get a flashed AceKard2i but they usually charge extra to flash, you could do it yourself though, if you have a DSL or if your DSi is firmware 1.3.

Zer02325

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
Well you can get a flashed AceKard2i but they usually charge extra to flash, you could do it yourself though, if you have a DSL or if your DSi is firmware 1.3.
and how would i go about doing that?

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if you want to flash it yourself you need to download the appropriate files to do it (google acekard 2i 1.4 update) It'll give you instructions as well as the right files. If you want to buy the flashed cart then go onto acekards official site and click on "reseller" tag and click on any of the sites in the North America section. They should sell the flashed cart. Or you could try shoptemp, I'm not sure if they're flashed.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: Nevermind, just re-read your post
biggrin.gif

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my iEDGE from 0shippingzone. It took 14 days from order to delivery.
It was already flashed to 1.4U and ready to use.
You still have to copy firmware, media player and data files to your SDHC card.
They even included a stylus.
http://www.0shippingzone.com/edge-iedge-p-586.html
This is my favorite flash card ever!
You can download a bootstrap updater (for windows, linux, or Mac OSX) as well as current firmware, manuals, skin editor, moonshell and r4cce from:
http://www.edge-ds.cn/download.html
You will need a copy of "0363 - Puzzle Series Vol. 3 - Sudoku (J)(SCZ)(552FAAFE)" if you want to prepare your own EdgeBootUpdate file.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Flash cart" came from the old days when we experimented with 300 dollar kits for the GBA that let us put in like what... whatever two or three games we wanted. it was in smaller flash media, not like hardrive stuff, hence the word "flash"

nowadays, "flash card" is the more correct term. or "R4 card" as it's commonly called. R4 is like to game carts as ipod is to mp3 players.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tac 21 said:
"Flash cart" came from the old days when we experimented with 300 dollar kits for the GBA that let us put in like what... whatever two or three games we wanted. it was in smaller flash media, not like hardrive stuff, hence the word "flash"

nowadays, "flash card" is the more correct term. or "R4 card" as it's commonly called. R4 is like to game carts as ipod is to mp3 players.

When I called it a flash card I got moaned at and was told to call it a flash cart.

Zer02325

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
I just bought my iEDGE from 0shippingzone. It took 14 days from order to delivery.
It was already flashed to 1.4U and ready to use.
You still have to copy firmware, media player and data files to your SDHC card.
They even included a stylus.
http://www.0shippingzone.com/edge-iedge-p-586.html
This is my favorite flash card ever!
You can download a bootstrap updater (for windows, linux, or Mac OSX) as well as current firmware, manuals, skin editor, moonshell and r4cce from:
http://www.edge-ds.cn/download.html
You will need a copy of "0363 - Puzzle Series Vol. 3 - Sudoku (J)(SCZ)(552FAAFE)" if you want to prepare your own EdgeBootUpdate file.

grog.gif
lecture.gif
Thanks for the info, basically im not to tech savey so i need something that either comes (im guessing the correct term is) "pre-flashed", or has updates where i basically either drag-n-drop or just open a .exe file. Basically i just want a card that i can play my roms on and still be able to update my DSi + buy games from the DSiWare shop, and the manufacturer frequently updates (unlike DSTT). If this is the card I that fills both of these functions I think we have a winner. If you feel that there is a better one let me know, and why. Thanks for the help!
gbasp.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just check out the subsections here and they should say which flashcarts need to be flashed in order to run on the updated DSi and which don't.
smile.gif
Search button could make things easier too, for some disorganised sections. Or rather, not so organised.
biggrin.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you want game compatiblity (in DSi):
Acekard2i (with latest akAIO)
Supercard DSONEi (with rom fix patch, must using EOS btw.)

If you want cards quality (in DSi):
iEDGE (so-so game compatiblity)
Supercard DSONEi (good compatiblity if you use EOS and patch for rom fix)

Others:
M3i0 = Graphic, best; compatiblity, i dont know
frown.gif

Supercard DSTWO (BEST i think, because it can load GBA ROMs & up-to-date fix for ROM)

BAD!BAD!BAD!
mad.gif
(DON'T BUY THESE!)
CLONES!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1