Fulgore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
Don't complain. It's free.

But yes, this is a rather cumbersome way of getting just the future DLC after the entire catalog has been downloaded.
Yes, I realize that. But the content servers must be getting raped though, which is probably setting off major Nintendo alarms.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what the error message that people are getting means, too busy, try again later

pinkhyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PAL user here. just tested everything and I'd say it works.

it appears that the two WADS just give you the 'license' to use/download the DLC. but being on a PAL console prevents you from doing so.

then there's a set of tools which allow you to download the DLC directly to your computer... so going through all of that and copying the songs into your SD card allows it work. do note that its almost a 20 gig download for the entire catalog... and there are still some songs missing. trying to figure out how to get them atm.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Sonny615 - All you have to change is the shop code to the US code (49 if I remember correctly).

Can anyone say how to go about d/l to pc instead of through the Wii.

(edit) @ pinkhyori - It does work with a PAL console. Heathcliff posted how on page 4 post #49. You have to delete your shop account though, so that is a decision you have to make. But if you know how to d/l it to pc instead anyway, then that´s a no brainer. For me it´s too late. But I never used it anyway. I even still had 500 points left on the account LOL!

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pm me if you want the link for v1 or v2 lol
biggrin.gif

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
All i can say is WTF i just turned on my wii (i downloaded about 10 songs yesterday after doing this free dlc thing) and now i had to start a new band, online profile, restart in world tour and re dl all the dlc. Has nintendo realized wtf is going on?

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkLG said:
Pm me if you want the link for v1 or v2 lol
biggrin.gif

What's the difference between v1 and v2?
I thought v2 is newer but it crashed during decryption. Then I tried v1 and it's decrypting now. finger-cross......

pinkhyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i take back what i said.

I used v2... the 'title.wad' files which are produced are like 3-5 gigs big? is it supposed to be that way?

and yes all the songs state 'purchased' in the music store... but trying to use the DLC Manager to copy the bin files onto the SD card only resulting in one song 'The Kill' showing up in the song list.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone enlighten me on how would Nintendo figure out that you've hacked onto the RB2 DLC content? I'm eager to use these DLC tools, but I'm afraid that Nintendo might ban my Wi-Fi access. Furthermore, is it possible to revert back to the old settings when I didn't install the DLC tools?

Also, I'm curious if there is a better method of installing these DLC onto my Wii rather than having to download these songs one at a time at the RB2 music store?

Thnx =)

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeypa said:
Can anyone enlighten me on how would Nintendo figure out that you've hacked onto the RB2 DLC content? I'm eager to use these DLC tools, but I'm afraid that Nintendo might ban my Wi-Fi access. Furthermore, is it possible to revert back to the old settings when I didn't install the DLC tools?

Also, I'm curious if there is a better method of installing these DLC onto my Wii rather than having to download these songs one at a time at the RB2 music store?

Thnx =)
You can use the PC tools to download all the DLC and move it to your SD card.

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pinkhyori said:
so i take back what i said.

I used v2... the 'title.wad' files which are produced are like 3-5 gigs big? is it supposed to be that way?

and yes all the songs state 'purchased' in the music store... but trying to use the DLC Manager to copy the bin files onto the SD card only resulting in one song 'The Kill' showing up in the song list.
Go into music store and download a song. this will make all the other songs show up.

Posts merged

the big wad that is created u can delete. the small wad is the one u installed.

pinkhyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i thought of that. the problem is that i'm on a PAL wii... thus a PAL WiiShop... i could go change the shop region to try it out but I've got some Wii POints left in the shop so I'm putting that as a last resort.

I'm figuring that the problem is the 'song list' needs to be recompiled by the game? and downloading a new song triggers this recompliation... I tried deleting a song, but it doesn't work. All the songs ont he SD card say 'Downloaded' in the music store but if I try to delete them... it'll say 'refreshing music store' and stuff but the song doesn't get deleted... hence no recompliation of the song list occurs. im still trying to work around that. even deleting the only visible song on the song list 'The Kill', doesn't work... the song also doesn't get deleted.

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
pinkhyori said:
X:\private\wii\DATA\

Thanks, that I already figured. But what folder comes next? sZAE? szae69?
unsure.gif
are there any other sub folders (to split the dlc gen 1 and 2, for example)? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.