Hacking Rock Band 2 & 3: How do you create a MILO file?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I know that MiloMod can't create MILO files, it only modifies the existing ones. People have created them, otherwise it wouldn't show up in customs on places like Customs Creators. I want to know how you can build your own.

Actually, I want to know if it's possible to import the data already extracted from Rock Band discs into a MILO file. Here's what I've learned:

MILO files are files which are very important for DLC on the Wii versions of Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3. It includes the character lipsync info, and the venue data when a VENUE track is not present in the MIDI. The songname_weights.bin file contains the lipsync for the original Rock Band and all Track Packs. In Rock Band 2, LEGO Rock Band, The Beatles: Rock Band, Green Day: Rock Band, and Rock Band 3, these are replaced with songname.milo_wii.

Without the MILO file, imports from the original Rock Band seem to work fine, but the Track Pack imports do NOT lipsync, and with some songs the scene changes quickly and intermittently. I think the scene changing can be regulated with songname.pan, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

So, my question is: Can I import the data from songname_weights.bin (and songname.pan, if my theory is correct) into a MILO file that I can then edit it in MiloMod? If so, what software do I need?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...