Hacking Ripping graphics and sprites from a PSP game

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool you seemed to figure out a way to get your stuff. Have to like always finding a work around for something.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope the most recent Version of PCSX2 has support for Direct X 9 and 11, try either (setting the correct thing in NinjaRipper too), some games work better in 9 than 11, just see what works for you really.
As for why some sprites don't load, its probably just because its experimental still, so direct X doesn't load everything that its supposed to/load it correctly.
But it's not that they don't just load, they don't get ripped either. And it seems only those which appear on screen are, or at least I think so.

D

Deleted User

They won't get ripped if they don't load, it rips whats in memory thats all, if Direct X has an issue and doesn't load those things then the ripper doesn't see them in the direct x memory.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's probably it, damn. And I also tried texmod but that was useless, didn't rip anything. Also, it appears only what is onscreen is ripped, even though they appear in the memory. I think I'll just have to try and see how to open a pck file then, time for a new topic.
eWA8g.jpg

D

Deleted User

That's probably it, damn. And I also tried texmod but that was useless, didn't rip anything. Also, it appears only what is onscreen is ripped, even though they appear in the memory. I think I'll just have to try and see how to open a pck file then, time for a new topic.

Texmod works perfectly fine on PPSPP, I've used it myself, did it show you the controls written in red at the top of the screen? If not you're doing it wrong.
Heres a texmod tutorial:

You need to use + and - (on the num pad) to find the texture you want, as you press it a texture on the screen will turn green indicating thats the currently selected texture, from there its simple enough stuff. its a bit of a pain to use it but if they show onscreen give it a shot using texmod.

I'm not sure why you need to try and figure out how to open a PCK file (it won't end there, everything inside the game from there will be compressed and in its own archives and special formats too, so you'll need to figure out how to open those).

Can't you just press rip when the things you want are onscreen? I mean they must appear at some point, just do it when they show up on screen, if they only flash on quickly then it might be a bit of a pain to get the timing right, but provided they're onscreen at the time you press rip, all should be fine.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, yeah, the red text did appear but nothing happened when I hit any of the keys for it, neither did the textures appear in the upper left corner, although it did show the number of textures loaded. I also would mind selecting them using texmod if it would work, maybe I'm doing something wrong, probably am.

D

Deleted User

Well, yeah, the red text did appear but nothing happened when I hit any of the keys for it, neither did the textures appear in the upper left corner, although it did show the number of textures loaded. I also would mind selecting them using texmod if it would work, maybe I'm doing something wrong, probably am.
The textures are transparent and, honestly, rather hard to see most of the time, in the settings you can change the opacity, I had to do that as there were too faint beforehand.

Are you sure you're using the number pad? You might be able to change the keys it uses but I'm not sure, those keys worked fine for me so I didn't test anything further.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh right, I can go through them now. I wasn't using the numpad, sorry about that. It works now. Although, I know for a fact now that the sprites aren't loaded into the memory as they aren't counted or even seen in the textures to select, nor highlighted green. Too bad, I'll have to figure out another way to get them now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald