OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I had the honour and opportunity to participate to a gameplay video made by @BacklogCabin on his Twitch channel.

We talked about my translation projects (both done and yet to come), and also covered the general topic of translation (technical difficulties, cultural differences, beta testing phase, etc.), while Backlog did the first missions of Zangeki No Reginleiv.

One thing leading to another, we ended up chating about general topics like retrogaming, emulation, or left-handed modes in game :lol:!

The experience was a blast : I really had fun doing it, and it gave me the opportunity to give credit to the people who supported and helped me on Gbatemp, especially on Zangeki No Reginleiv (hi @Lazlo52 and @MaeseJesus).

Thank you everyone for that!

If you can forgive the cringy French accent and are curious about the vid, here's a link to watch it below.

Have a nice WE, everybody!

PS : sorry for not directly embedding the Twitch vid, but Gbatemp kept giving me an error.)

meta-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i know this dumb but anyone stuck on method 3 and the wit program show's an error where can't open file: (whatever game name)
just put the game iso on bin folder and run the command again and it should be good to go
sadly the readme pdf doesn't point that step clearly so it well be nice if edited :yay:
@Brand Newman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
i know this dumb but anyone stuck on method 3 and the wit program show's an error where can't open file: (whatever game name)
just put the game iso on bin folder and run the command again and it should be good to go
sadly the readme pdf doesn't point that step clearly so it well be nice if edited :yay:
@Brand Newman
Thanks for the info @meta- , I'll make sure to make the 3rd method clearer on my next "Chibi-Robo" project! :)

Reactions: gamecaptor

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
i get 23400 error when try connecting online
Hi @brut_

Have you applied the separate patch to restore the online functionality, since the original servers are down (named network patch.bat)?

Alternatively, you can also modify your DNS (method provided in the readme file on page 9).

If you did the aforementioned and still can't get online, there might be an issue with the "zwei" server, which I'm not related to.

Please let me know if you succeeded.

Yours truly.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good evening everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, I've been coming back to my old projects a bit this WE, and have replaced the Japanese "Warning Screens" and Home Menu with their English counterparts (amongst some other changes, depending on the game).

May I say this is not always as easy as it seems?

So I just wanted you to know that the patch has been updated to 1.01, giving you this sweet English menu:

RZNJ01_2023-08-20_17-14-13.png

Have a nice end of your day!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
It'll be wonderful if you could translate also the in-engine cutscenes and replace the audio with an AI-generated dub, it could be quite simple and effective
Hi,

As stated before, adding subtitles would require technical abilities I'm not sure many of us have, but If someone could do it, that would be a very nice addition indeed.

AI dubbing on the other hand... I really am against the use of AI in arts, whether sound or picture.

As someone who used to draw a bit and understand the value of self-improvement in technical and creative skills, I really feel AI is one of the worst things to have happened to the world of arts recently.

Sorry if that sounds a little bit extreme, but we all know that there are people who will put money over quality, and that will lead to artists having difficulties to literally exist.

Therefore, I strongly stands against the use of AI "art", which (before anyone says) is very different to using softwares and computer tools, like Photoshop or (in the translation area) Deepl.

Just as there is a difference between cooking with modern devices, and ordering food. :)

But I would most certainly support a project of amateur or professional dubbers translating the voices in English, although that would mean tons of dialogs, as well as more technical difficulties to overcome.

Yours truly.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good evening everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, I've been coming back to my old projects a bit this WE, and have replaced the Japanese "Warning Screens" and Home Menu with their English counterparts (amongst some other changes, depending on the game).

May I say this is not always as easy as it seems?

So I just wanted you to know that the patch has been updated to 1.01, giving you this sweet English menu:

View attachment 389363

Have a nice end of your day!
How about adding other languages supported by Wii?
Like: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
I always thought the game only shows up the system warning/home screens depending which was set. Guess i was wrong.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
How about adding other languages supported by Wii?
Like: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
I always thought the game only shows up the system warning/home screens depending which was set. Guess i was wrong.
That's what I used to think too. But really it depends on what's on your disc, and most probably on its region setting too.

I've noticed some of the games I had extracted had a "hbm" folder with all the "homebtn.arc" files (ENG, FRA, GER, etc.), while some other games only had one file, which was in Japanese.

Nevertheless, I don't believe any of the discs that had all the languages have displayed the console region's language home menu.

Which is why I replaced the "homebtn.arc" files of all my patches with an English one, or replaced the files within when I couldn't do so.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y