Translation Riivolution patch: Ikenie No Yoru English translation for Wii (100%)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi, i couldnt make work the save file on a real wii, the game always show that regional black screen.
Is there any way to hack the game for it to dont ask for that file? or forcing a usa save file?
Hello, that's a very well known issue with this game, and is not patch-related (you can find threads about it from way back when it was released in Japan).

There is no "USA save file", since the game (even translated) is always considered as being Japanese by the console: that's why I provided a "blank" save file in the patch, so you can install it in the console memory.

As soon as you've installed the save file once, the Wii should never show the black screen again: but it needs to find it, and some people have had difficulties with the console using a "ticket" system.

Someone on this thread suggested you boot the game with Wiiflow once (instead of USB Loader Gx), and apparently it helped creating the ticket their console needed to "accept" the savefile (after an initial error) : maybe you shoud try their method?

Reactions: Cacho

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry i'm so fool.. i still couldn't get it. I don't know the wrong thing i made :/
Start over from the very beginning:
1. Remove (move to another place) everything unnecessary (any files/folders that weren't there when you first unzipped the wit archive) from the folder wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin
There are 70 original files in total there. And not a single folder inside. Nothing else.
bash.exe
cp.exe
cygassuan-0.dll
cygattr-1.dll
cygcares-2.dll
cygcrypto-1.1.dll
cygexpat-1.dll
cygffi-6.dll
cyggcc_s-seh-1.dll
cyggmp-10.dll
cyggnutls-30.dll
cyggpg-error-0.dll
cyggpgme-11.dll
cyghogweed-4.dll
cygiconv-2.dll
cygidn2-0.dll
cygintl-8.dll
cygmetalink-3.dll
cygncursesw-10.dll
cygnettle-6.dll
cygp11-kit-0.dll
cygpcre-1.dll
cygpcre2-8-0.dll
cygproxy-1.dll
cygpsl-5.dll
cygreadline7.dll
cygsigsegv-2.dll
cygstdc++-6.dll
cygtasn1-6.dll
cygunistring-2.dll
cyguuid-1.dll
cygwin1.dll
cygz.dll
diff.exe
env.exe
grep.exe
load-titles.bat
load-titles.sh
magic.txt
mkdir.exe
mv.exe
realpath.exe
regtool.exe
rm.exe
stat.exe
system-menu.txt
titles-de.txt
titles-es.txt
titles-fr.txt
titles-it.txt
titles-ja.txt
titles-ko.txt
titles-nl.txt
titles-pt.txt
titles-ru.txt
titles-zhcn.txt
titles-zhtw.txt
titles.txt
tr.exe
wdf-cat.exe
wdf-dump.exe
wdf.exe
wget.exe
windows-install.exe
windows-install.sh
windows-uninstall.exe
windows-uninstall.sh
wit-console.bat
wit.exe
wwt.exe
2. Take your Japanese ISO image of 'Ikenie No Yoru' game, and rename it to IKENIE.iso Exactly, without any spaces in the file name.
3. Copy IKENIE.iso to folder wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin
4. Open command window in folder wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin ( SHIFT + Right Click -> Open command window here )
5. In command window execute command wit EXTRACT IKENIE.iso DUMP Exactly. Wait for the end of the process, it takes some time. Don't close the command window (and even after the extraction process is complete).
7. Open another explorer window. Navigate here to where you store your extracted V0102 Ikenie No Yoru English Translation folder, open it. Copy from here only one folder IKENIE_eng to your wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin Exactly.
*After it your wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin will contain 71 files (70 original files + 'IKENIE.iso') and 2 folders ('DUMP' and 'IKENIE_eng').
8. Return to command window. (If you did close this window earlier, follow instruction #4)
9. Execute command copy /Y /V IKENIE_eng\main.dol DUMP\DATA\sys Exactly. It will copy 1 file.
10. Execute command copy /Y /V IKENIE_eng\PACKAGE\* DUMP\DATA\files\package Exactly. It will copy 80 files.
11. Execute command wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso Exactly. Wait for the end of the process, it takes some time. After the process is complete, you can finally close this window.
12. Use your freshly made ENGLISH.iso as you wish, it is now translated.

Checksums of images that were and have turned out for me:
Japanese IKENIE.iso original: SHA-1: 4d098d25a790d76491865fd68fde1dde3b63baca
Translated ENGLISH.iso result: SHA-1: 573e8218e7c3921b1be67cc1d2501884815c056a

Reactions: Brand Newman

ValerianRoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Start over from the very beginning:
1. Remove (move to another place) everything unnecessary (any files/folders that weren't there when you first unzipped the wit archive) from the folder wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin
There are 70 original files in total there. And not a single folder inside. Nothing else.
bash.exe
cp.exe
cygassuan-0.dll
cygattr-1.dll
cygcares-2.dll
cygcrypto-1.1.dll
cygexpat-1.dll
cygffi-6.dll
cyggcc_s-seh-1.dll
cyggmp-10.dll
cyggnutls-30.dll
cyggpg-error-0.dll
cyggpgme-11.dll
cyghogweed-4.dll
cygiconv-2.dll
cygidn2-0.dll
cygintl-8.dll
cygmetalink-3.dll
cygncursesw-10.dll
cygnettle-6.dll
cygp11-kit-0.dll
cygpcre-1.dll
cygpcre2-8-0.dll
cygproxy-1.dll
cygpsl-5.dll
cygreadline7.dll
cygsigsegv-2.dll
cygstdc++-6.dll
cygtasn1-6.dll
cygunistring-2.dll
cyguuid-1.dll
cygwin1.dll
cygz.dll
diff.exe
env.exe
grep.exe
load-titles.bat
load-titles.sh
magic.txt
mkdir.exe
mv.exe
realpath.exe
regtool.exe
rm.exe
stat.exe
system-menu.txt
titles-de.txt
titles-es.txt
titles-fr.txt
titles-it.txt
titles-ja.txt
titles-ko.txt
titles-nl.txt
titles-pt.txt
titles-ru.txt
titles-zhcn.txt
titles-zhtw.txt
titles.txt
tr.exe
wdf-cat.exe
wdf-dump.exe
wdf.exe
wget.exe
windows-install.exe
windows-install.sh
windows-uninstall.exe
windows-uninstall.sh
wit-console.bat
wit.exe
wwt.exe
2. Take your Japanese ISO image of 'Ikenie No Yoru' game, and rename it to IKENIE.iso Exactly, without any spaces in the file name.
3. Copy IKENIE.iso to folder wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin
4. Open command window in folder wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin ( SHIFT + Right Click -> Open command window here )
5. In command window execute command wit EXTRACT IKENIE.iso DUMP Exactly. Wait for the end of the process, it takes some time. Don't close the command window (and even after the extraction process is complete).
7. Open another explorer window. Navigate here to where you store your extracted V0102 Ikenie No Yoru English Translation folder, open it. Copy from here only one folder IKENIE_eng to your wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin Exactly.
*After it your wit-v3.05a-r8638-cygwin64\bin will contain 71 files (70 original files + 'IKENIE.iso') and 2 folders ('DUMP' and 'IKENIE_eng').
8. Return to command window. (If you did close this window earlier, follow instruction #4)
9. Execute command copy /Y /V IKENIE_eng\main.dol DUMP\DATA\sys Exactly. It will copy 1 file.
10. Execute command copy /Y /V IKENIE_eng\PACKAGE\* DUMP\DATA\files\package Exactly. It will copy 80 files.
11. Execute command wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso Exactly. Wait for the end of the process, it takes some time. After the process is complete, you can finally close this window.
12. Use your freshly made ENGLISH.iso as you wish, it is now translated.

Checksums of images that were and have turned out for me:
Japanese IKENIE.iso original: SHA-1: 4d098d25a790d76491865fd68fde1dde3b63baca
Translated ENGLISH.iso result: SHA-1: 573e8218e7c3921b1be67cc1d2501884815c056a
It worked! Tsm!

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_212657.jpg
    IMG_20230124_212657.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 36

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

As some of you who follow me may have noticed, I've released updates for most of my patches, where I would replace the "Warning Screen" and Wii Home Menu with their English counterparts.

I'm on the verge of releasing the same patch for "Ikenie", but am taking the occasion to correct a few line breaks that would have issues if you renamed the characters with too long names.

The feature of renaming was always one of my favorites in this game. :)

Anyway, speaking of names, I was wondering if I should take the occasion to change "Dark" into something like "Coal"?

You see, while the characters strictly have colors for their names in Japanese, I had tweaked that a bit, both because of technical difficulties and to make it sound more "natural", when I released my patch :
  • Red and Pink stayed the same, because Red seems to be a name given in real life (That 70's Show?), and people are familiar with Pink because of the singer,
  • Yellow became "Gold", because the name was too long, I didn't like it that much anyway, plus Gold would remind me of "Goldie" (not to mention the evocation of the metal, which is reminiscent as being "The Heir"),
  • I hesitated a lot for "Blue", but I went for Cyan because of Final Fantasy VI.
"Black" was always tricky for me : keeping the color was somehow out of the question, and while "Dark" gives a hint about the story, maybe it gives away too much?

"Coal" could be a good compromise (and people can always rename him if they want), but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe people are too used to "Dark" already?

I'm curious about your opinions, if anyone would care to share them with me?

Yours truly.

SEKJ99_2023-08-21_21-41-12.png

Post automatically merged:

Here's a link to the survey I published on Twitter, if you'd rather answer there.

Right now "keep Dark" seems to be the preferred option.

EDIT : on 08.22.2023 (7.39 PM), "Coal" is actually taking 1st rank.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

ecto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

As some of you who follow me may have noticed, I've released updates for most of my patches, where I would replace the "Warning Screen" and Wii Home Menu with their English counterparts.

I'm on the verge of releasing the same patch for "Ikenie", but am taking the occasion to correct a few line breaks that would have issues if you renamed the characters with too long names.

The feature of renaming was always one of my favorites in this game. :)

Anyway, speaking of names, I was wondering if I should take the occasion to change "Dark" into something like "Coal"?

You see, while the characters strictly have colors for their names in Japanese, I had tweaked that a bit, both because of technical difficulties and to make it sound more "natural", when I released my patch :
  • Red and Pink stayed the same, because Red seems to be a name given in real life (That 70's Show?), and people are familiar with Pink because of the singer,
  • Yellow became "Gold", because the name was too long, I didn't like it that much anyway, plus Gold would remind me of "Goldie" (not to mention the evocation of the metal, which is reminiscent as being "The Heir"),
  • I hesitated a lot for "Blue", but I went for Cyan because of Final Fantasy VI.
"Black" was always tricky for me : keeping the color was somehow out of the question, and while "Dark" gives a hint about the story, maybe it gives away too much?

"Coal" could be a good compromise (and people can always rename him if they want), but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe people are too used to "Dark" already?

I'm curious about your opinions, if anyone would care to share them with me?

Yours truly.

View attachment 389622

Here's a link to the survey I published on Twitter, if you'd rather answer there.

Right now "keep Dark" seems to be the preferred option.

EDIT : on 08.22.2023 (7.39 PM), "Coal" is actually taking 1st rank.

Thanks for this update! It's nice to have the game completely translated!
I think I'd vote for Coal, as it sounds more like a name than Dark.
.. although there is Donnie Darko... ;)

Last edited by ecto,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Alright, the majority has spoken!

Last update for my #Wii English patches! V01.03 of Ikenie No Yoru translates the Wii Menu in English, switches "Dark" to "Coal" as a character's name, and has its line breaks corrected, so you can put any name you want without issue (have fun like I did :lol:)!

As usual, download the patch at:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5575/

(I'll update the screenshots and video with the old "Dark" name for the character later)

SEKJ99_2023-08-21_21-41-12.png

SEKJ99_2023-08-23_22-46-30.png

SEKJ99_2023-08-23_22-57-58.png

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
If I already have a save created, no problems will arise, right?
Hello,

No problem, everything is compatible (the only difference you'd notice if you imported a new save file from my updated patch is that its description is now in English in the Wii save files manager).

You'll have to rename Coal manually, though (but maybe your characters already have custom names?)

I provided the method for the Japanese keyboard in the read me, in case people have trouble with that.

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question to the persons who have tried to download V01.03?

I've configured Dropbox so that everybody who has the link can download the patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ke3d...tion.zip?rlkey=s2tx7yshaq9pvngrm7qck92oz&dl=0

The link provided by Romhacking is slightly different because... well RH... but it used to work with previous versions of the patch :

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ke3djpt7jm38j4d520dgf/V0103 Ikenie No Yoru English Translation.zip

I've been receiving some request for permission to access the patch on my email box since I released it.

Would you be so kind as to try to open these links and tell me what happens, as I'm not sure I can test things properly myself, being the person who put the file online?

Thank you in advance.

Just a quick question to the persons who have tried to download V01.03?

I've configured Dropbox so that everybody who has the link can download the patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ke3d...tion.zip?rlkey=s2tx7yshaq9pvngrm7qck92oz&dl=0

The link provided by Romhacking is slightly different because... well RH... but it used to work with previous versions of the patch :

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ke3djpt7jm38j4d520dgf/V0103 Ikenie No Yoru English Translation.zip

I've been receiving some request for permission to access the patch on my email box since I released it.

Would you be so kind as to try to open these links and tell me what happens, as I'm not sure I can test things properly myself, being the person who put the file online?

Thank you in advance.
OK nevermind, I know what went wrong...

RomHacking changed my direct download link for the "classic" one... :sad:

Do they really want us to share our patches? Sometimes I'm not even sure... and it's not even like they hosted it, since it's on Dropbox due to its size...

Anyway, this link should work : I'll try to update the RH page as well.
But just in case, I'll leave this link on the first page of this thread :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...tion.zip?rlkey=s2tx7yshaq9pvngrm7qck92oz&dl=0

Cacho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone, I've applied the patch of the game, it shows version 1.03 but all the character names still show in japanese. I am playing it on CFG loader on my wii, everything looks fine but that, and I am seeing those names changed even on the first patch. I am doing something wrong? Even the loading screen still shows in japanese now that I think about it...

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I've applied the patch of the game, it shows version 1.03 but all the character names still show in japanese. I am playing it on CFG loader on my wii, everything looks fine but that, and I am seeing those names changed even on the first patch. I am doing something wrong? Even the loading screen still shows in japanese now that I think about it...
Hello!

If your warning screen still shows in Japanese, that means you must have forgotten a few files, and the original ones are still showing.

Something you could do to quickly verify is to load your unpatched iso in dolphin with the riivolution patch applied (look at the readme for further instructions).

If everything is in English as it should, then it means you have forgotten some files (although I've made it so it's simply cut and paste with V01.03).

As for the names of the characters showing in Japanese, I take it you already have a savefile?

Try replaying the intro, when it gives you the option to rename the characters : they should be set to their English counterpart by default, and as soon as you leave the house their names should be the right ones in every other chapter.

If this fails, you can try using the "clean" savefile I provided with the patch.

Please let me know how it went.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: Cacho

Cacho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello!

If your warning screen still shows in Japanese, that means you must have forgotten a few files, and the original ones are still showing.

Something you could do to quickly verify is to load your unpatched iso in dolphin with the riivolution patch applied (look at the readme for further instructions).

If everything is in English as it should, then it means you have forgotten some files (although I've made it so it's simply cut and paste with V01.03).

As for the names of the characters showing in Japanese, I take it you already have a savefile?

Try replaying the intro, when it gives you the option to rename the characters : they should be set to their English counterpart by default, and as soon as you leave the house their names should be the right ones in every other chapter.

If this fails, you can try using the "clean" savefile I provided with the patch.

Have a nice day.
Brand, thank you so much for the response. When I dump the ISO I got to folders, not just one:

1696681128154.png

I replace everything on DATA, but left UPDATE untouched. Then I make the iso and transfer it to the HDD. Also, when I change the names of the characters, I press the romaji option, for example I start typing "Cyan" and by the time I am in the third letter, it changes back on it's own to japanese characters (I am not sure if those are kanjis, hiragana or katakana) I will try again replacing all files in all folders and see what happens.

Hello!

Have a nice day.
I managed to change the names, and keep in them in romaji, but nothing else. I am good with that. Now I am stuck at Coal's third level, I can't pass the mannequin xD

Thanks for everything Brand, and for taking your time doing all of this so we can all enjoy this game.

Last edited by Cacho,

GAM3PROFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed this game over an injection on my Wii U on the Startscreen, but whenever I try to start it the screen just goes blank and I cant even open the Wii Menu that appears when I press the Home Button anymore.
Is there any fix to that?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I installed this game over an injection on my Wii U on the Startscreen, but whenever I try to start it the screen just goes blank and I cant even open the Wii Menu that appears when I press the Home Button anymore.
Is there any fix to that?
Hello, does the game run if you try to boot Riivolution / an iso, instead of the injection?

GAM3PROFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, does the game run if you try to boot Riivolution / an iso, instead of the injection?
I cant place the .ISO on the SD Card that I use with the Wii U because its to big for the supported file format of the System and I dont to replace the USB-StIck Storage that I use for the Wii U (that uses a Nintendo Specific File Format and cant be accessed under the Wii Channel) with a USB Stick that I would use only with that one game.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I cant place the .ISO on the SD Card that I use with the Wii U because its to big for the supported file format of the System and I dont to replace the USB-StIck Storage that I use for the Wii U (that uses a Nintendo Specific File Format and cant be accessed under the Wii Channel) with a USB Stick that I would use only with that one game.
Use Wii Backup Manager to convert your game into an ISO (or better, a WBFS) : this software should automatically split the file for it to be compatible with FAT (and WBFS is only 1,4Go anyway).

I want to rule out the possibility that the injection went wrong : then if your game still doesn't boot (at least, if the issue is the savefile, you should get an error message), we'll go deeper into this.

GAM3PROFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use Wii Backup Manager to convert your game into an ISO (or better, a WBFS) : this software should automatically split the file for it to be compatible with FAT (and WBFS is only 1,4Go anyway).

I want to rule out the possibility that the injection went wrong : then if your game still doesn't boot (at least, if the issue is the savefile, you should get an error message), we'll go deeper into this.
Thanks, Ill do this over the weekend and write again what I got out of this.
Thanks a lot that you are helping with that and I really appreciate the work you did on this game, I discovered the game/ the fantranslation over a video and love what you did here

I tried a few things already.
First, I found this in the Documentation of UWUVCI AIO
[Seems like I cant post Screenshots and Links yet, I found the Documentation on its Github

Since I have a EU Console this most likely means any further tries are pointless but I did a few things anyway
I tried:
-Patching the ISO with RegionFrii, injected it with UWUVCI, didnt worked
-Multiple configuratiins in UWUVCI, applying the Patch to different Regions, activating the toggle for JP Games, didnt worked, I have like 9 installations of the game now on my Wii U and all have the same issue, they run into the black screen and not even the Wiimote is recognized anymore.

Tomorrow Ill look up a Tutorial how to install the WBFS file in the vWii directly, I havent done that before and need to see how I do this, Ill post again when I have results, I just wanted to post that as my first bunch of results.

Last edited by GAM3PROFF,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la