Reactions: W hat and DaVince

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get some kind of beta release very soon. However, it's not really "my project" anymore. It's a team effort, and I have to consider the wishes of everyone on it (four people including me). Here are some screenshots.

nO62DPP.png

nMCiVgt.png

LVRDCxX.png

hieurock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am having glitches when I read my email on "The Ninja Scroll." It would freeze and I have to load my previous save in order to get back. Is it the game or is it just my emulator??
And also I think I found a typo on vegapull 2 that says "heirs" instead of "hairs"
Thanks!

Untitled.png

hieurock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get some kind of beta release very soon. However, it's not really "my project" anymore. It's a team effort, and I have to consider the wishes of everyone on it (four people including me). Here are some screenshots.

nO62DPP.png

nMCiVgt.png

LVRDCxX.png
How did you get 99 medals??

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am having glitches when I read my email on "The Ninja Scroll." It would freeze and I have to load my previous save in order to get back. Is it the game or is it just my emulator??
And also I think I found a typo on vegapull 2 that says "heirs" instead of "hairs"
Thanks!

View attachment 4205
Sense its "vegapull 2", its the "offspring"/"next generation" of hairy vegetables. Play on words.

Reactions: W hat

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't reproduce your glitch from the Ninja Scroll e-mail. I suggest you keep a save state of the point where you get the glitch and try it again when we release the next patch. If the problem persists, we can use the save state to attempt to debug.

The 99 medals is a debug code made by one member of the team to help with testing unlockables. You can't earn 99 medals in the game without cheating.

And yes, "Heirs" is a play on words, not a typo.

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It constructs sentences for you depending on what buttons you press. The sentences are phrased so "like you" or "don't like you" always come at the end. So for example, you can combine set phrases like "About you, I...", "that is...", "I don't dislike you." etcetera to have someone either confess to you, reject you or cough at you (and possibly have them stall for a while before they say it).

It's comparable to Rhythm Paradise's Kappa DJ, where you use set phrases to make funny combinations too. Except in this case you're not in control whether this girl is going to like you or not. :P

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May I suggest changing the text case of all the images? Having them in all-caps implies shouting, and makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable.

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
May I suggest changing the text case of all the images? Having them in all-caps implies shouting, and makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable.

I don't have anything to do with these graphics, but want to reply on this anyway...
All-caps in paragraphs of text (or even just sentences) implies shouting... but in titles, it's more of a stylistic choice and a way to make you pay more attention to the text at hand. It is used quite often in many different media for this reason.

So unless one of the pics has sentences and paragraphs of all-caps text, I don't really understand how you could feel uncomfortable about it... :)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So unless one of the pics has sentences and paragraphs of all-caps text, I don't really understand how you could feel uncomfortable about it... :)
Well, I've seen a bunch of people complain about the new all-caps menu bar when Office 2013 came out, so I'm not the only one who'd potentially be somewhat irritated by this. I think this page gives a good explanation why it's better to use sentence case.

And even if it was a stylistic choice, I'd still prefer using sentence case for menus, seeing as all the official games also used sentence case in their menus.

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I've seen a bunch of people complain about the new all-caps menu bar when Office 2013 came out, so I'm not the only one who'd potentially be somewhat irritated by this. I think this page gives a good explanation why it's better to use sentence case.

And even if it was a stylistic choice, I'd still prefer using sentence case for menus, seeing as all the official games also used sentence case in their menus.

Oh yeah, I know exactly about this, but there is actually more to that article than it tells you. You see, the worse readability is exactly the reason why it works so well in short titles (and not full text): because it's less readable, you take a tiny bit more time to actually read what it says. This means your attention is at the title, and so you consider for longer what it actually says.

Now, in Office 2013, I can understand why people would complain about it. There was too much text to pay attention to, and it was inconsistent with basically all their other software. Not to mention that capitalized menu

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a tough call either way. The "y" in rhythm makes it hard to have large (readable) lowercase letters within those small boxes. If you can be more specific on how you would arrange the lowercase letters (perhaps making a mockup with an existing font), I'd consider your suggestion... but we pretty much worked with what we could in this case.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You asked for a mockup, so here's a mockup I made:
4yJQa.png

And another one using the shadow displacement that the original Japanese text used (although this one's slightly less readable IMO):
4yKHy.png

Font used was 16pt Segoe UI (rasterized and hand-modified by myself), as I felt it was the best-looking font for this size out of the ones I have installed.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the two styles: (edit: these are not new graphics. It's the same thing as already posted.)

nO62DPP.png

4yJQa.png

I do like yours, YayMii! Outside of the word "Email" not having a hyphen (I write it like "e-mail" within the game, as it's slightly more correct), I'd rather use your version than our current version. Hacking in all those letters yet again will be annoying, but if our graphics people want to do it, I'm in favor of YayMii's graphics.

Reactions: weavile001

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here are the two styles:

I do like yours, YayMii! Outside of the word "Email" not having a hyphen (I write it like "e-mail" within the game, as it's slightly more correct), I'd rather use your version than our current version. Hacking in all those letters yet again will be annoying, but if our graphics people want to do it, I'm in favor of YayMii's graphics.

looking good!
i hope the final release is soon!, my favorite Video Game series is Rhythm Heaven!( 430 hours on Fever....)

mystery01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the two styles: (edit: these are not new graphics. It's the same thing as already posted.)

nO62DPP.png

4yJQa.png

If I may step in, the new one is certainly far less legible. The letters are thin and compressed which leads to a shadowy block of blue. Based on those two pictures, it looks like an After-Before scenario. I understand the defense for proper Title Casing of the items, but it is certainly normal for larger menu items to be all caps for stylistic reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi