Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, like I posted in the release thread this game is pretty easy to hack. Text is all stored in bmg files, although the J language szs set is the only complete/usable one. CTools makes it very easy to hack, basically typing in what you want in the string within some limits and it comes out great. Anyone who could translate it could probably put all the text in English within a day or two, or since it's not a very literal translation dependent game you could always just make up something that'll fit if you can figure out where each string is in game.

What you need to hack (Google will lfind you both):
WiiScrubber (To extract/replace the files from the game image)
CTools Libray (To open and edit files within)

What I think character limits are:
Game Title - 14 Characters
Description - 24 Characters per line, and there's a limited amount of lines per game, anywhere from 3 to 5 I've seen
Unlock Title and Description - I'm going to guess it's the same as the Game Title and Description, but otherwise no idea.
Tutorial Box - Variable, based on size of box.
Dialouge Box - Guessing variable, based on size of box.
Cafe Box - No idea, but it's longer.

Some Screenshots (Titles are google translations, Descriptions I just made up):

Menu stuff:
somj011.png

somj012.png

"Hole in One" stuff (Most of this has changed, only slightly though):
somj013.png

somj014.png

somj015.png

somj016.png

somj017.png

New stuff:
somj0111.png

somj0112.png

somj0113.png

somj0114.png

somj0115.png

somj0116.png

somj0117.png

("1 To" and "Demo" are different image areas so it's been a pain trying to get them to line up.)

somj0118.png

somj0119.png

somj0120.png

somj0122.png

somj0125.png

somj0126.png

somj0123.png

somj0124.png

somj0129.png

somj0130.png

somj0131.png

And this too, I just wanted to test it:
somj0121.png

originalot.png

79875282.png

Overall, there's really no need to translate the game, it's pretty simple on it's own and we're getting an English release eventually, but if people want something...

Here's my Translation patch (Version 0.5):
MultiUpload Link, just go from there.

You (may) need WiiScrubber.
You need an IPS patcher. (I suggest Lunar IPS) or an xDelta Patcher ( I suggest Delta Patcher by Phoenix)
You need an ISO of the game (DUMP YOUR OWN FROM YOUR LEGALLY BOUGHT COPY), I used a scrubbed one but I don't think it'll matter since you have to go into it and get the file you're patching. I'm pretty sure you need a scrubbed one for the xDelta patch.
You still need to run the game under the Japanese Language setting from your loader.

Readme explains the process. Short version, you're extracting some SZSs from your ISO, patching them, and replacing them. Or just patching the scrubbed ISO if you're using the xDelta patch.

Tell me whether or not you can get the xDelta patches working, please. I don't have any different copies of the ISO to try them on.

If it's against the rules at all (Not really sure) I'll remove it right away.

I'm not liable for how this file is used, and what it may break. Didn't break anything for me, but there's always a chance.

Suggest anything to change or fix to me, and give me better names for games if they don't make any sense.

And go buy fifty copies of the game. Then fifty more of your localized version if your country gets one. But keep them all for yourself, force everyone else to buy it too.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Technik said:
Can we just have a simple google translate patch? Anything can help.
I'd be happy to, but I have no idea how to make the changes into a patch. I've done a google based translation of all the titles (a few are still named oddly, but I'll fix them when I get to them) and the descriptions and practice/intros of the first collumn of games. And a couple of other things, short stuff and repeated things. They all seem to be working fine, but I've only tried them in Dolphin.

So yeah, I've got a lot to do still and I can't work until later and then I'll be gone for a week, but I'll have internet access and I'll probably have a computer to work on and the files to do it. But his will not be anywhere near a direct translation, but I'll try to make it make sense compared to th Google translations. (For the grading lines, they don't make any sense, and for aome reason mention chickweed and carrying stuff a lot. No idea what the context is so either I'll skip them or change them if I see it while going through the game. )

A complete or semi complete savefile would be very helpful. Playing it in Dolphin is difficult, it lags for me and doesn't have music most of the time.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this would be cool wish i had time to work on this too, but my son takes up a lot of time lately.

any effort you put forth is appreciated and welcomed, even its in engrish.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I figured out how to make a patch, ips, but since the file size limit for those is 16 MB everyone's going to have to use WiiScrubber to get the actual file being changed out of the game. (Plus side with that is that I think it'll work with any copy of the game, once you've ripped it if it isn't already.)

So for anyone to get ready:
1. Download WiiScrubber: http://filetrip.net/f4399-Wiiscrubber-Kit-...oader-1-40.html
2. Extract the WIIScrubber.exe and the MakeKeyBin.exe from their respective archives in the main archive.
3. Run MakeKeyBin.exe, follow the step it has, and then close it.
4. Run WiiScrubber.exe, Load ISO and choose your iso file of the game.
5. Expand Partition0, then content2, and then message.
6. Right click riq_J.szs, extract it.
7. Get an ips patcher (I used Lunar IPS)
8. Follow its steps to apply the patch.
9. Back to WiiScrubber, right click riq_J.szs and choose Replace, and then select the patched riq_J.szs.
10. Game should have some english when you run that ISO now.

Would this be okay?

EDIT: Works great on my Wii, fixed a few errors, where should I upload it? Also it took me a little over a half hour to play through everything I translated, so don't be suprised if you get through it quickly.

Patch is in the first post.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
farcry15 said:
is a save file still needed? i've unlocked around 30 of the levels, not sure how many there are.
A savefile would still be helpful, yes. There's fifty normal levels, but the first half are the most important since a majority of the tutorials are probably there. I might just end up being able to play through the game myself, but since it's still up in the air any savefiles that have unlocked games past the Tambourine would be useful. Especially if the files has most, if not all, of the medals for each stage unlocked as well, so I can look at the "unlocked with medals" games too.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
MertenNor said:
you aren't supposed to ask for ISO's in this forum, it's breaking the rules.

QUOTEWe DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
We do not condone piracy in any way.
Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
farcry15 said:
save
has 30 of the levels unlocked and only 9 medals
Thanks, I can associate most of the games with a name now. But I haven't gotten any farther in the tutorial and description translating, but I changed a few titles. I did get to translating a a lot of menu stuff, so the only things left untranslated in the title and file selection menu are the "Press A and B to begin! " and actual "Select" buttons there. (I can't find them in the files, but they're not graphics.) Most of the game selection menu is translated too now.

What I need next is a savefile with the credits unlocked, but it's not urgent. I partially did the credits, and some of the character names for after the credits. (It'll let me see what they call each character so I'll know if any strange terms are names or Google being weird. (Kimi seems to be one of those mistakes) )

This all took 2 to 3 hours of work, so it might not be perfect, but it looks pretty good to me. I'll get back to the games tomorrow, and hopefully get to at least the 3rd Remix if not farther. And upload a new version of the patch, if this internet connection will let me. (It will.)

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are alternative formats that have been created since the IPS format is limited to 16MB, yeah
tongue.gif
Check out romhacking dot net and ask for advice if no one gives any here.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll try to get more of the game finished tomorrow, and work on some more medals.

EDIT:
unlocked credits after finishing the 7th set of games
new save

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
farcry15 said:
i'll try to get more of the game finished tomorrow, and work on some more medals.

EDIT:
unlocked credits after finishing the 7th set of games
new save
Thanks again.

So I finished the games up through the the third remix. I also finished the credits, and found the "Press A and B" thing for the title screen, but the proceed to game menu button is an image. So I need to test it once or twice and then I'll upload the patch later.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm not a hacker and I don't understand jap, so I can only help by thanking you for translating this great game
smile.gif
I loved the DS one, and I'm sure this one will be just as good!

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
So I finished the games up through the the third remix. I also finished the credits, and found the "Press A and B" thing for the title screen, but the proceed to game menu button is an image. So I need to test it once or twice and then I'll upload the patch later.

sweet can`t wait
thanks in advance

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the new patch will be in the first post after I post this.

But info:
Up through Remix 3 is done
Menu stuff is mostly translated, a few messages (Like the perfect chance notifications) are not.
Credits are translated too, but I haven't gotten to see most of them as I can't get far enough in Dolphin and have to beat a few more games to get to them on my Wii. (I don't have a SD Card adaptor with me or a network that'll let me share between this computer and the Wii.)
Cast Roll (Pretty sure this all works, but some names are messed up. (The samurai for one, the tall blue guy for another.)) Tell me if that tall blue guy from the tutorial's name shows up right. (Always went to a second line whatever the length I tried, so it's shorter than it really is.)
More random stuff is translated too.

Next up:
More games, because they're more important than the stuff I've been messing with really.
An edited image so a lot of the image based stuff can be in English too! The various little things you see in game, the label of who you are, what the + - and 1 buttons do, and so forth. Some of them are guesses on my part, the rest are what I know they do. (Is that message during every into to a game telling you that + pauses? That's what I'm guessing but I have no idea.)

Question:
Is there any way to easily extract the entire content and folder system of a Wii ISO? WiiScrubber only let's you do it one file at a time, WINRAR can't open it obviously.

I need a better patching method, one that let's the whole ISO to be patched. And I'll still release the patches seperately as IPS patches because they're easy to make.

Also:
Can I post that image sheet here? It's basically a sprite sheet, really. Except all organized from the start. You have to export the image from a tpl file, which is in a szs fil, in the ISO. Mainly because I can't find two of them in game so I can't just get screenshots with all them.

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
Question:
Anyone know how to edit tpl files properly? I'm trying to do some stuff for the messages you see all the time in game (How may times you have to do something in a tutorial, what the + - or 1 buttons do, Perfect Chance message, Saving..., and such.) but everytime I reinsert them they mess up everything. (They don't appear properly, black lines the image file uses to seperate them appear when they normally don't, they don't have proper transperancy and clip off each other.) This happens even if I don't touch them, but just save their image with an outside program, whether the lines are gone or not, and even when the transperancy is in proper effect.

i guess you can use szsmodifier to edit the .tpl files

Also, is there any way to easily extract the entire content and folder system of a Wii ISO? WiiScrubber only let's you do it one file at a time, WINRAR can't open it obviously.

you can use discEX to extract the whole game

Can I post that image sheet here? It's basically a sprite sheet, really. Except all organized from the start. You have to export the image from a tpl file, which is in a szs fil, in the ISO. Mainly because I can't find one of them in game so I can't just get screenshots with all them.

i think yes you can

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hellboy2010 said:
i guess you can use szsmodifier to edit the .tpl files

you can use discEX to extract the whole game

i think yes you can
Thanks for telling me about discEX. I was using szsmodifier, but when I'd re-insert the image it'd just break them. I found something that works though, the aptly named TPLEdit. Let's me put them back in and they work nearly as good, except one or two of them keep getting cut off but it's not bad at all.

I'll have more about that tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it