Review fixing.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think games from some series and publishers are a little protected from criticism, like Final Fantasy and Nintendo games. Their average review score may not correspond to the game's real value, and some issues the game has are treated as features. It's a bit fun to see vloggers like Dunkey and Girlfriend Reviews taking a practical approach in game reviews that reviewers haven't. I wouldn't say it's review fixing in the direct sense, more like a sort of communal temperance of expectations, which can be thought as indirect review fixing.

Reactions: Flame

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
People love to cry foul of shady practices and reviewers bowing to publishers. And that is true, but to such a small degree, compared to how often that claim gets thrown around.

However, Shadow of Mordor was one that was legitimately "fixed". WB paid YouTube reviewers--note, not ones that get aggregated into Metacritic scores--to talk positively about Shadow of Mordor. They were told to spin it as a video review, or as a recommendation, WITHOUT noting that it was sponsored content. I'm pretty sure they were sued for it.

Reactions: Flame

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can think of one fairly recent Playstation game that was considered fairly shady given the amount of negative discourse its fans had with it and game journalists giving it 9's and 10's out of the gate.

Everyone knows what I am talking about here, I do not need mention its name.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can think of one fairly recent Playstation game that was considered fairly shady given the amount of negative discourse its fans had with it and game journalists giving it 9's and 10's out of the gate.

Everyone knows what I am talking about here, I do not need mention its name.

I don't, I wasn't aware of this situation. Which game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.