Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your answer:lol: .

But in that case ¿why some games have two entries in the extinfo.lib, one for the clean rom and another for the language patched rom? ¿would not be simple to fill the game ID of all games with 0000000?

Np :)

Cause some of the language patched games have built in AP fixes, not all , and if the ROM changes its file structor , AP might goto diffrent adresses, making the original AP fix clash at a diffrent address .

So two difffrent GameIDs for each clean and language patched ROM .

Fill all with 00000000 , may are may not work with some JPN games to, but yes will work for most games.

So only Signal clean games we use the GameCode for .

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :)

@ plushcardinal25

I'd need your .sav to check the game. If there is an actual problem, the game will also freeze/white screen for all users.

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

Both the Multi Cart Update and DAT Update (this DAT update also includes 2 new fixes) have been reuploaded and the front page has been updated.

Hopefully now, the front page and How to Install are much more user friendly :).

@ plushcardinal25

Please redownload the DAT Update v6.99 6183 for 4171 fix.

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :).
I'm beginning to look into adding 0x8000000h reads/writes (for saving) to try and improve how a real cart is emulated.

R4iSDHC.com users who use these files, please make note of the front page.

Reactions: jhglouy and Panja

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks man, I appreciate your work

I have a question.There are some files like m3patch.dat, r4patch.dat, reset.mse ¿what i have to do with these files? I have a r4i-sdhc

Again, sorry for my english

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Lordjontan

Given my updates/DATs are used by so many carts (DSTT, R4, DSOne, M3 etc.), hence the reason for the different patch/reset files for different carts. Please use the same file structure as in the Multi Cart Update.

KipMudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To those with R4SDHC dual core white flashcarts from r4isdhc.com, Have you successfully installed YSMenu on this one? It displays "Unsupported DLDI name" error message when I run games or homebrew. I tried to install this loader because Animal Crossing:WW was stuck at white screen and Contra 4 was crashing on this flashcart (what a shitty flashcart from 2013!). After trying YSMenu for other flashcarts on this one, YSMenu crashed then I restarted my DS. After boot-up, the flashcart is not detected. My Lite and 3DS was unable to read this piece of shit so I assumed that this cart was bricked.

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :).

@ KipMudz

Almost all Carts from r4isdhc.com aren't DSTT/i or Original R4 Clones, which is why is says in the Cart list on the front page to use the DAT folder, not YSMenu.

@ Bobius

An alt link has been added to the front page, since FileTrip seems to be down temporarily.

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

A new DAT Update v6.99 6203.2 is available and the front page has been updated :). Releases from #3001 onwards have now been checked in infolib and changes made.
Please use the alt link on the front page at the moment to download until FileTrip is back up.

Reactions: jhglouy

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

I have added a link to where you can download old original cart kernels on the front page.

@ andrewblack2

Please check your PM

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Replacing the DATs didn't do a thing. I'm still getting the same trouble that's why I attempted to install YSMenu here.

You can get all 3 dumps of Animal Crossing booting (and Contra 4 not crashing) by deleting there entries from infolib.dat. The hacked Wood kernel that this card is using and RGFs dats are conflicting for some games. For your convenience below is a copy of infolib.dat with those entries removed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!HQ9xmQ6Z!f1ioAVKeCfn1JRmOjXczg0YZCxsAzPJo-MmXdYQj-v8

I suspect many more games will have problems because of these conflicts. I think the only way to solve this issue is to find out which version of Wood this is and then only keep the entries of games released after that Wood version in the dats.

KipMudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can get all 3 dumps of Animal Crossing booting (and Contra 4 not crashing) by deleting there entries from infolib.dat. The hacked Wood kernel that this card is using and RGFs dats are conflicting for some games. For your convenience below is a copy of infolib.dat with those entries removed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!HQ9xmQ6Z!f1ioAVKeCfn1JRmOjXczg0YZCxsAzPJo-MmXdYQj-v8

I suspect many more games will have problems because of these conflicts. I think the only way to solve this issue is to find out which version of Wood this is and then only keep the entries of games released after that Wood version in the dats.

Just tried that infolib.dat and AC:WW is now booting! Thanks for the link!

Reactions: Rezatron

jhglouy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just wanted to express my gratitude for updating this list even after ~2.5 years. I'll be using this once I get my first R4. :)

retrogamefan

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :)

@ R4iSDHC.COM Users

Please use the R4iSDHC.COM folder in the new DAT Update.

EDIT : This thread has now had over 1,000,000 thread views since I started!!! :D :D :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, I dont have the other 3 wives