Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys. I was wondering if this update work on R4 (NDSL/NDS). I currently use firmware 1.18, but Radiant Historia won't work on that firmware. So I was thinking if there's anything I could do to get the game running.
The original R4?
You could try wood r4 then if not just try the newest rgf.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was wondering if this update work on R4 (NDSL/NDS). I currently use firmware 1.18, but Radiant Historia won't work on that firmware. So I was thinking if there's anything I could do to get the game running.
Do you have the original r4 (it only supports 1gb or 2gb micro sd cards and doesn't have 'i' or 'sdhc' or anything like that)? If so, you can try wood r4. If wood r4 doesn't work, it'd be helpful if you could provide the website printed on the sticker of your flashcart.

Strife91

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the original r4 (it only supports 1gb or 2gb micro sd cards and doesn't have 'i' or 'sdhc' or anything like that)? If so, you can try wood r4. If wood r4 doesn't work, it'd be helpful if you could provide the website printed on the sticker of your flashcart.

Yes, the original. I don't see any website printed on the sticker of the flashcart, but I believe this is the product website. http://www.r4ds.me/

Are there any risks of save files getting corrupt? I've tried copying them to my computer, but then they won't work again. :/

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, the original. I don't see any website printed on the sticker of the flashcart, but I believe this is the product website. http://www.r4ds.me/

Are there any risks of save files getting corrupt? I've tried copying them to my computer, but then they won't work again. :/

sav files with wood 1.42 need be changed to .nds.sav instead of .sav some say they change themsellves if not can do it on ds in settings or right click on sav file and choose rename but always best to back up games and sav files 1st before do anything

bloodsoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game: 4544 / The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks
CRC32: 5154107A
Problem: The game is playable, but if my savegame is older than a day, it's gone in loading screen.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated to Retro's v6.73 kernel? I'm on his v6.73 kernel and it works great.
of course i'd update first, then google, then post
maybe it's the DAT? is the DAT file included in the main download?
Some factors to consider:

1) format your micro sd card with the panasonic sd formatter (guide here, just in case); your msd can accumulate some fragments over time, causing slow downs. NOTE: back-up your contents before formatting. Also, never use your computer's built-in formatter, as they weren't programmed to format micro sd cards.

2) Get clean (unpatched) roms. Your save will work on the clean rom, as long as the region of the game and file name are the same.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
of course i'd update first, then google, then post
maybe it's the DAT? is the DAT file included in the main download?
The DAT files are always included with every version, the seperate DAT updates are updates made after the version was released but before a new full version has been completed.
At least as far as I know.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG! Them damn European guys finally let me into London :)
I guess you missed the guide before updating, using google and then posting.
***Noobs*** Read the guide before updating, googling and then posting questions. The answers are all learned through reading the guides and the readme.txt files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason