Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was wondering if this update work on R4 (NDSL/NDS). I currently use firmware 1.18, but Radiant Historia won't work on that firmware. So I was thinking if there's anything I could do to get the game running.
Do you have the original r4 (it only supports 1gb or 2gb micro sd cards and doesn't have 'i' or 'sdhc' or anything like that)? If so, you can try wood r4. If wood r4 doesn't work, it'd be helpful if you could provide the website printed on the sticker of your flashcart.

Strife91

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I was wondering if this update work on R4 (NDSL/NDS). I currently use firmware 1.18, but Radiant Historia won't work on that firmware. So I was thinking if there's anything I could do to get the game running.
Do you have the original r4 (it only supports 1gb or 2gb micro sd cards and doesn't have 'i' or 'sdhc' or anything like that)? If so, you can try wood r4. If wood r4 doesn't work, it'd be helpful if you could provide the website printed on the sticker of your flashcart.

Yes, the original. I don't see any website printed on the sticker of the flashcart, but I believe this is the product website. http://www.r4ds.me/

Are there any risks of save files getting corrupt? I've tried copying them to my computer, but then they won't work again. :/

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 5930 DAT update is downloaded as 6.72 5928 DAT update on FileTrip instead of 6.72 5930 DAT update. Is there just a labeling mistake??

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, the original. I don't see any website printed on the sticker of the flashcart, but I believe this is the product website. http://www.r4ds.me/

Are there any risks of save files getting corrupt? I've tried copying them to my computer, but then they won't work again. :/

sav files with wood 1.42 need be changed to .nds.sav instead of .sav some say they change themsellves if not can do it on ds in settings or right click on sav file and choose rename but always best to back up games and sav files 1st before do anything

Provibob

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this.

Much appreciated, got my R4i Gold from r4igold.cn to work with the newer games i wanted.

Kudos.

bloodsoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game: 4544 / The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks
CRC32: 5154107A
Problem: The game is playable, but if my savegame is older than a day, it's gone in loading screen.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game: 4544 / The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks
CRC32: 5154107A
Problem: The game is playable, but if my savegame is older than a day, it's gone in loading screen.

I'm surprised this wasn't reported sooner, due to how popular the Zelda - Spirit Tracks game is.

cokersatm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me a little help?
On Professor Layton and the Last Spector, the London Life gives me a white screen

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated to Retro's v6.73 kernel? I'm on his v6.73 kernel and it works great.
of course i'd update first, then google, then post
maybe it's the DAT? is the DAT file included in the main download?
Some factors to consider:

1) format your micro sd card with the panasonic sd formatter (guide here, just in case); your msd can accumulate some fragments over time, causing slow downs. NOTE: back-up your contents before formatting. Also, never use your computer's built-in formatter, as they weren't programmed to format micro sd cards.

2) Get clean (unpatched) roms. Your save will work on the clean rom, as long as the region of the game and file name are the same.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
of course i'd update first, then google, then post
maybe it's the DAT? is the DAT file included in the main download?
The DAT files are always included with every version, the seperate DAT updates are updates made after the version was released but before a new full version has been completed.
At least as far as I know.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG! Them damn European guys finally let me into London :)
I guess you missed the guide before updating, using google and then posting.
***Noobs*** Read the guide before updating, googling and then posting questions. The answers are all learned through reading the guides and the readme.txt files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good thing you didn't
    +1
    Spermin on the mound was given by Jizzus
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spermin on the mound was given by Jizzus