Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, retro's menus have no Fake Killer so you can try it safely.

If you want a new cart I will suggest the Acekard 2i. Cheap, reliable, and constantly updated to play the latest games and work on the latest DSi and 3DS firmware updates. Here is where to buy one, look under "North American" for sellers from/near the US: http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php

su_A_ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
Yes, retro's menus have no Fake Killer so you can try it safely.

If you want a new cart I will suggest the Acekard 2i. Cheap, reliable, and constantly updated to play the latest games and work on the latest DSi and 3DS firmware updates. Here is where to buy one, look under "North American" for sellers from/near the US: http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php

Big thanks! Working good!

Didn't like YSMenu (so used to the TTDS) though the option to sort by name is good. Any way to make it look more like the orginal TTDS? TIA.

I'll take a look at the Acekard...

masternick000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded the file, but I still get the same error for my pokemon black game. Help?
frown.gif

su_A_ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question - So the menus look the same (for kids sake), I'm looking at getting an R4i-SDHC 3DS (even though I don't have any 3DS) since it's the same price as an R4i-SDHC and who knows if in the future we get a 3DS...

Can I use RGF updates (specially R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu) ?

TIA.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, you can.

I will still strongly encourage you to get an Acekard instead, though, especially since you're doing this for the sake of futureproofing. They have much better support for their products, while R4i-SDHC has a shakier record on this. Namely, the R4i-SDHC team has a bad habit of releasing new carts instead of continuing support for old ones, while the Acekard team in contrast is -still- trying to get their oldest Acekard 2i model to work on the 3DS, despite facing significant difficulties in doing so.

Your children *should* get used to the new menus (which aren't all that different or hard to grasp really) soon enough, don't worry.
smile.gif

masternick000 said:
I downloaded the file, but I still get the same error for my pokemon black game. Help?
frown.gif
Are you using a patched or trimmed ROM? Please get a 'clean' ROM instead. Also did you follow the instructions in How to Install.txt? It's important to follow them.
Lastly, if that doesn't work could you tell us exactly what flashcart you are using? Please include the website of the manufacturer for easy reference. Thanks.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi first of all thx for the firm works great but i have a problem i have a r4itt and whenever i try to use soft reset i got a micro sd picture with the word menu? can someone help me out?? what do i need to do??? or am i stuck with no soft reset???? thx in advance

masternick000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really nooby at this. I have a dstt card and idk if the rom is clean or trimmed or whatever :S . I just downloaded it, zipped it, and dragged to my dstt folder. I then downloaded retros file and dragged it to my dstt folder again. Can you or somebody please give me detailed steps on how to get it working?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi I'm new in this forum and I have a few questions but first of all thanks to retrogamefan for this great menu that is quite useful to find games quickly in my micro sd 8GB full of wonderful games! congratulations retro! excellent work! and my questions are:
1. I tried 2 versions of Lufia and none runs, then I tried it on wood and it works but some games stop working with wood, what can I do?
2.there is any way to start another menu but starting from ysmenu like DSTT or wood or other one?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JCR1 said:
Hi I'm new in this forum and I have a few questions but first of all thanks to retrogamefan for this great menu that is quite useful to find games quickly in my micro sd 8GB full of wonderful games! congratulations retro! excellent work! and my questions are:
1. I tried 2 versions of Lufia and none runs, then I tried it on wood and it works but some games stop working with wood, what can I do?
2.there is any way to start another menu but starting from ysmenu like DSTT or wood or other one?
you can dual boot ysmenu and wood r4 v1.25.

• If you want to use YSmenu as main firmware and woodTT as secondary (booted) firmware: Put the files for both firmware into your micro SD card. rename the TTMENU.DAT inside your woodTT to *whatever you want*.nds. You will boot into YSmenu; boot your nds file to go into woodTT.
  • If you want to use wood r4 as main firmware and YSmenu as secondary (booted) firmware: Put the files for both firmware into your micro SD card. rename the TTMENU.DAT inside your YSmenu to *whatever you want*.nds. You will boot into woodTT; boot your nds file to go into YSmenu.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok Thanks sounds quite easy, and if I want use the firm that comes with my card R4iTT Aplies the same?

Edit: I tested renaming the r4.dat as you say in the kernel of R4iTT to use Ysmenu as primary boot and now works lufia and tetris party deluxe using r4 kernel, now all my games work! Thanks for help!

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
retrogamefan said:
@Everyone,

v6.61 has now been released and the front page has been updated. Enjoy!
biggrin.gif
Thank you for your work...

We need the 1.4.3E firmware for DSTTi and the DSTTi will stay on the race
like any other flashcard!!!
yaynds.gif

HellSniper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
(5733) One Piece: Gigant Battle (G) (ABSTRAKT)
Fails to Boot, Double White screen with the default system.
YSMenu obviously reports a -4 Error.

However, the game has a Second AP.
I got around the double white screens with a old WAIO Build i saved.
The Second AP is that at every Match you have only 3 Seconds on the Time.
Which obviously isnt the original Time players would have for the Match.

Just dumping that Information on the AP.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to update that part, just copy over the "extinfo.dat", "infolib.dat", and "savlib.dat" over to the "TTMENU" folder and over right the old files.
I am not sure why he removed it, but it's not that hard to update yourself.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
If you want to update that part, just copy over the "extinfo.dat", "infolib.dat", and "savlib.dat" over to the "TTMENU" folder and over right the old files.
I am not sure why he removed it, but it's not that hard to update yourself.

"extinfo.dat", "infolib.dat", and "savlib.dat" are usually the only files that change in the updates. If you need TTMENU.dat, you can use an older version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1