Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, retro's menus have no Fake Killer so you can try it safely.

If you want a new cart I will suggest the Acekard 2i. Cheap, reliable, and constantly updated to play the latest games and work on the latest DSi and 3DS firmware updates. Here is where to buy one, look under "North American" for sellers from/near the US: http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php

su_A_ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
Yes, retro's menus have no Fake Killer so you can try it safely.

If you want a new cart I will suggest the Acekard 2i. Cheap, reliable, and constantly updated to play the latest games and work on the latest DSi and 3DS firmware updates. Here is where to buy one, look under "North American" for sellers from/near the US: http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php

Big thanks! Working good!

Didn't like YSMenu (so used to the TTDS) though the option to sort by name is good. Any way to make it look more like the orginal TTDS? TIA.

I'll take a look at the Acekard...

masternick000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded the file, but I still get the same error for my pokemon black game. Help?
frown.gif

su_A_ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question - So the menus look the same (for kids sake), I'm looking at getting an R4i-SDHC 3DS (even though I don't have any 3DS) since it's the same price as an R4i-SDHC and who knows if in the future we get a 3DS...

Can I use RGF updates (specially R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu) ?

TIA.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, you can.

I will still strongly encourage you to get an Acekard instead, though, especially since you're doing this for the sake of futureproofing. They have much better support for their products, while R4i-SDHC has a shakier record on this. Namely, the R4i-SDHC team has a bad habit of releasing new carts instead of continuing support for old ones, while the Acekard team in contrast is -still- trying to get their oldest Acekard 2i model to work on the 3DS, despite facing significant difficulties in doing so.

Your children *should* get used to the new menus (which aren't all that different or hard to grasp really) soon enough, don't worry.
smile.gif

masternick000 said:
I downloaded the file, but I still get the same error for my pokemon black game. Help?
frown.gif
Are you using a patched or trimmed ROM? Please get a 'clean' ROM instead. Also did you follow the instructions in How to Install.txt? It's important to follow them.
Lastly, if that doesn't work could you tell us exactly what flashcart you are using? Please include the website of the manufacturer for easy reference. Thanks.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi first of all thx for the firm works great but i have a problem i have a r4itt and whenever i try to use soft reset i got a micro sd picture with the word menu? can someone help me out?? what do i need to do??? or am i stuck with no soft reset???? thx in advance

masternick000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really nooby at this. I have a dstt card and idk if the rom is clean or trimmed or whatever :S . I just downloaded it, zipped it, and dragged to my dstt folder. I then downloaded retros file and dragged it to my dstt folder again. Can you or somebody please give me detailed steps on how to get it working?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi I'm new in this forum and I have a few questions but first of all thanks to retrogamefan for this great menu that is quite useful to find games quickly in my micro sd 8GB full of wonderful games! congratulations retro! excellent work! and my questions are:
1. I tried 2 versions of Lufia and none runs, then I tried it on wood and it works but some games stop working with wood, what can I do?
2.there is any way to start another menu but starting from ysmenu like DSTT or wood or other one?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JCR1 said:
Hi I'm new in this forum and I have a few questions but first of all thanks to retrogamefan for this great menu that is quite useful to find games quickly in my micro sd 8GB full of wonderful games! congratulations retro! excellent work! and my questions are:
1. I tried 2 versions of Lufia and none runs, then I tried it on wood and it works but some games stop working with wood, what can I do?
2.there is any way to start another menu but starting from ysmenu like DSTT or wood or other one?
you can dual boot ysmenu and wood r4 v1.25.

• If you want to use YSmenu as main firmware and woodTT as secondary (booted) firmware: Put the files for both firmware into your micro SD card. rename the TTMENU.DAT inside your woodTT to *whatever you want*.nds. You will boot into YSmenu; boot your nds file to go into woodTT.
  • If you want to use wood r4 as main firmware and YSmenu as secondary (booted) firmware: Put the files for both firmware into your micro SD card. rename the TTMENU.DAT inside your YSmenu to *whatever you want*.nds. You will boot into woodTT; boot your nds file to go into YSmenu.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok Thanks sounds quite easy, and if I want use the firm that comes with my card R4iTT Aplies the same?

Edit: I tested renaming the r4.dat as you say in the kernel of R4iTT to use Ysmenu as primary boot and now works lufia and tetris party deluxe using r4 kernel, now all my games work! Thanks for help!

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
retrogamefan said:
@Everyone,

v6.61 has now been released and the front page has been updated. Enjoy!
biggrin.gif
Thank you for your work...

We need the 1.4.3E firmware for DSTTi and the DSTTi will stay on the race
like any other flashcard!!!
yaynds.gif

HellSniper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
(5733) One Piece: Gigant Battle (G) (ABSTRAKT)
Fails to Boot, Double White screen with the default system.
YSMenu obviously reports a -4 Error.

However, the game has a Second AP.
I got around the double white screens with a old WAIO Build i saved.
The Second AP is that at every Match you have only 3 Seconds on the Time.
Which obviously isnt the original Time players would have for the Match.

Just dumping that Information on the AP.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to update that part, just copy over the "extinfo.dat", "infolib.dat", and "savlib.dat" over to the "TTMENU" folder and over right the old files.
I am not sure why he removed it, but it's not that hard to update yourself.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
If you want to update that part, just copy over the "extinfo.dat", "infolib.dat", and "savlib.dat" over to the "TTMENU" folder and over right the old files.
I am not sure why he removed it, but it's not that hard to update yourself.

"extinfo.dat", "infolib.dat", and "savlib.dat" are usually the only files that change in the updates. If you need TTMENU.dat, you can use an older version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think