1. MosAnted

MosAnted Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Having trouble trying to run LoZ: Spirit Tracks. It hangs at a black screen just after the Nintendo logo.

Edit: Apparently this only happens with the "Revision 1" rom. Was able to get a different rom and it loaded fine.

Last edited by MosAnted, Jan 13, 2021
  2. squonk

squonk Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I've got excatly this flashcard:
    [​IMG]
    With my New 2DS XL with Luma CF the flashcard is not always recognized (I don't know why), but when is recognized I can run Wood R4 (v1.64). Wood is no more updated since 2013.
    My question is: there is a YSMenu that can run on this card and give more DS games compatibility then Wood?
    Tried to install YSMenu on my R4, and it starts, but have always the "unsupported dldi name" error with every game.
    There is an old tutorial in this forum about this error, but the links are all gone and I don't know if it can help.
    Thanks to all that can give answers to this questions.

3. SrRossiter

SrRossiter Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I have a problem with Inazuma Eleven 2 - Firestorm (E). The game freezes when I open the menu or the connection map while the music plays. The same happens if I get caught in a battle, I finish it and the game freezes before I get the Exp. What do I do?

It works if I'm using the regular menu but it keeps freezing with YSMENU. And I used the NDS Scene Rom Tool and nothing changed.

I'm using R4 SDHC DualCore Revolution 2019 if that helps.

With the Anti-Piracy Bypass Code, I can play but if I win a battle or match, it always freezes before the "You win" message, and without it, I can't even open my equipment menu.

Last edited by SrRossiter, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    There is a remastered version of Inazuma Eleven 2 Firestorm, it runs very well, and uses original character names (MAMORU ENDO instead of MARK...)
    there is a thread here inside gbatemp, you can search and test if you like it.

edit: the original version of inazuma eleven runs with original r4 kernel, the hacked version of inazuma eleven runs with ysmenu but not original r4 kernel.

edit2: you can search for inazuma eleven 2 firestorm remastered and undub... :3

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste, Jan 20, 2021
  5. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    Wood R4 has 99.8% game compatibility, the .2% are unknown, obscure, etc. basically you can throw a game at it and it will work. Don't let the year of the last update fool you. YSMenu is a decent kernel but it's not as good as Wood R4 in terms of compatibility. Don't be so quick to judge a book by its cover, you have what you need already. As I've stated already, YSMenu is only designed for DSTT based flash cartridges, yours is NOT a DSTT flash cartridge.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Jan 20, 2021
    windrider, squonk and alexander1970 like this.
  6. squonk

squonk Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Many thanks for your answer!
    Yes, after several tests I can confirm that my card works great with Wood R4.
    Is not the same for my other card, the DSTWO. I can use the YSMenu, but I can not understand why there is a limit with the microSD size (2Gb only). Others alternative to make DSTWO works at its best?
    Also tried with TWMenu, but til now without success...

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. ZeroTwo

ZeroTwo Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I have this flashcard
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know that YSmenu is compatible without dying trying?

8. alexander1970

alexander1970 Try to Live in here and now.

Austria
  9. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    You can test the YSMenu kernel similar to your R4's name... there are many folders inside the ysmenu rar file available for download... but I'm not sure if setting up ysmenu as defaut kernel gonna be work... also, I'm a big fan of Zero Two :3
    hope it helps... you can just test one by one... but look for similar folder names for your cart...
    sorry for my poopy english... :v

10. ZeroTwo

ZeroTwo Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    thanks my friend .. but I had already seen it and in fact it is the one that I am currently using...

what happens is that with that kernel some Roms like Kingdom Hearts Re: coded o Mario & Luigi partners in time gives them white screen.

haha nothing happens .. I'm in the same with my English XD, in fact I had this same version but with the screw on the back and I wonder if it could be the same or would it be different.

The downside of all this is that if I put the wrong one, it could even crash my R4 and that is what I fear the most.

But as you say .. it is a matter of checking the folders and that they match the same.

Just in case and if it works, I'll leave the menu of this R4 and see if there is a tip for the YSmenu.

[​IMG]

EDIT

Well, i follow their advice and I tried 3 folders that came in the download, unfortunately they did not work and they caused me a black screen, fortunately did not block my R4, so I looked in other pages and luckily I found this one.

They had a configuration for that card that had the screw on the back, I downloaded it and to my surprise it had the same configuration as my same R4 card. So I installed it and then updated the libraries that came in the retrogamefan download (the DAT folder) And now the R4 works for me with the updated libraries.

unfortunately it cannot be updated to the YSMenu but at least I was able to get the libraries for the Roms function and now KH Re: Coded and Partners in time its already works perfectly!!

[​IMG]

Anyway thank you very much @alexander1970 and @Isso_Non_Ecxiste for your comments!!

Last edited by ZeroTwo, Jan 22, 2021
  11. Materion

Materion Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hello,

From what folder from YSMenu I need to extract files for this card ?
    upload_2021-1-24_11-27-51.png

Last edited by Materion, Jan 24, 2021
  12. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    R4i-SDHC

13. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    Hello everyone!
    I wanna say I found a way to hack (again) my hacked game to run well on YSMENU kernel... I'll have to remove something in order to make it run...
    Now, I'm busy working on it, I've got sometime and someone gave me a pc for a while, so... I'll be doing this...

14. boots_n_cats

boots_n_cats Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    You should use the stock firmware for a Supercard DSTWO. Like Wood it already has essentially perfect compatibility. Also, it has by far the best in-game menu of any flashcart including RTS and a cheat menu. Absolutely no reason to use YSMenu on a DSTWO.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - RetroGameFan, Releases, Updates