Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I misunderstood the directions. Do you know happen to know what size micro SD cards that I can use with R4 SDHC GOLD Pro? I thought the limit is extremely low. Like only 32gbs?

I bought another R4 clone before to brute force into my N3DS which doesn't have a time bomb in them. I should have bought another one of those, but I believe that stop making them. Do you happen to know what the size SD cards we can pop in our carts? Thanks for the help.
I am using a 32Gb card in mine. It works fine and is actually a huge amount of space for DS :)

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you. I misunderstood the directions. Do you know happen to know what size micro SD cards that I can use with R4 SDHC GOLD Pro? I thought the limit is extremely low. Like only 32gbs?

I bought another R4 clone before to brute force into my N3DS which doesn't have a time bomb in them. I should have bought another one of those, but I believe that stop making them. Do you happen to know what the size SD cards we can pop in our carts? Thanks for the help.
As you rightly assumed, the maximum size is 32gb, and I wouldn't say it's scarce. :)
I have three 32gb full of my favorite roms and I alternate them as needed. When you copy roms from pc to microSD, always insert this one carefully in the SD-reader; to me it sometimes happened that adding single games corrupted the entire SD card, who knows why?!? :cry:
I recommend using a good, not cheap SD-reader (not like mine!). :rofl2:

Last edited by Nikokaro,

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As you rightly assumed, the maximum size is 32gb, and I wouldn't say it's scarce. :)
I have three 32gb full of my favorite roms and I alternate them as needed. When you copy roms from pc to microSD, always insert this one carefully in the SD-reader; to me it sometimes happened that adding single games corrupted the entire SD card, who knows why?!? :cry:
Yikes. My 32Gb card is nowhere near capacity which might help. Whenever I put my SD in my laptop reader I make sure the first thing I do is carefully filter the content of the card by the ".sav" extension, backup all saves to my computer and then do what I was going to do :)

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a 32Gb card in mine. It works fine and is actually a huge amount of space for DS :)
Thank you! I thought maybe we couldn't use all 32gb with that r4 cart, but I couldn't find the exact amount online.

Are you using good micro sd? That is worrisome, because I am constantly transferring data between my computer and the sd. What are you currently playing now?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I'm not misunderstood, do you want to know what games I've been using lately? I'm reading fate stay night, a famous pc visual novel ported on DS, then a port of Descent, a fps for PC from the nineties, finally some fire emblem hacks via GBARunner2, GBA emulator (or better hypervisor) on DS.
Forgive me if my english is clumsy and imperfect. :sad:

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm not misunderstood, do you want to know what games I've been using lately? I'm reading fate stay night, a famous pc visual novel ported on DS, then a port of Descent, a fps for PC from the nineties, finally some fire emblem hacks via GBARunner2, GBA emulator (or better hypervisor) on DS.
I see nothing but perfect English here, respect!
I'm playing Pokemon Black.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By saying a few trivia we have revived this old thread a little; what expression do you english people use, that amuses and amazes me at the same time .... necroposting ???

dr jackil.gif

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see nothing but perfect English here, respect!
I'm playing Pokemon Black.

Thanks guys. The installation was a piece of cake and it worked flawless. No need to worry about time bombs now. :)

Reactions: AnotherMuggle

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks guys. The installation was a piece of cake and it worked flawless. No need to worry about time bombs now. :)
Very well. You will not be disappointed.
Even if the menu is a bit simplified, basically what matters are the games.
The original kernel would also work, and by moving the console clock back, the timebomb would be disabled.
But it is not worth it and its use is risky; trying to start Metal Max 3 (eng), it gave me 2 blank screens first, then it blocked the console, and resetting, the whole SD was corrupted (again)!!!

buttar via.gif

With YSMenu if a game does not start, It gives an error message, and everything remains ok.
Have a good time!

videogiochi.gif

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original kernel would also work, and by moving the console clock back, the timebomb would be disabled.
But it is not worth it and its use is risky; trying to start Metal Max 3 (eng), it gave me 2 blank screens first, then it blocked the console, and resetting, the whole SD was corrupted (again)!!!

View attachment 251226

With YSMenu if a game does not start, It gives an error message, and everything remains ok.
Have a good time!

View attachment 251225
Are there incompatible games with YSmenu / R4 Gold Pro RTS cards? I read somewhere that one of the pokemon games do not work?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are there incompatible games with YSmenu / R4 Gold Pro RTS cards? I read somewhere that one of the pokemon games do not work?
The only one that didn't work for me, among the ones I use, was MM3 if english patched, while the (jap) unpatched version works normally with YSMenu. :blink:
Pokémons are not my thing, and I have no idea: you just have to try them. :unsure:

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only one that didn't work for me, among the ones I use, was MM3 if english patched, while the (jap) unpatched version works normally with YSMenu. :blink:
Pokémons are not my thing, and I have no idea: you just have to try them. :unsure:
Cool. I'll look into this a bit more. Thanks for the information!

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By saying a few trivia we have revived this old thread a little; what expression do you english people use, that amuses and amazes me at the same time .... necroposting ???

View attachment 251036
I've never understood the problem with posting on old threads, provided it's relevant to the topic.

View attachment 251226

Have a good time!

View attachment 251225

I really like the simplicity of YSMenu. The official menu has a lot of ugly clutter. I feel like you might accidentally change settings without realising.

Reactions: Nikokaro

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we use applications from YSmenu? I have a GBA tool that can inject, restore, and produce backups. Would this work on the YSmenu? I use it with my older non-time bomb R4 card.

Kanji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a R4itt purple and when I put on the files, there is only "Menu?" on the top screen. Do you know what's the problem?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a R4itt purple and when I put on the files, there is only "Menu?" on the top screen. Do you know what's the problem?
Hi. :)
Your flashcart simply does not recognize the presence of the appropriate kernel. :(
You must extract the files corresponding to your flashcart to the root of the microSD, taking as a reference the site to which it is associated, as it is clearly written here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
Maybe you didn't have the patience to read the thread and look for the right folder?!? :teach:

Kanji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a R4itt purple (the one with "R4itt 3DS for DSI/NDSL" on the sticker, with a screw at the back), so could you indicate me which folder I have to get? I clicked on "Download retrogame ETC"
Other links are either dead links, or not adapted :/

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a R4itt purple (the one with "R4itt 3DS for DSI/NDSL" on the sticker, with a screw at the back), so could you indicate me which folder I have to get? I clicked on "Download retrogame ETC"
Other links are either dead links, or not adapted :/
Wait a moment. :glare:
Inside 'Retrogamefan multi cart' there are only 3 folders which refer to r4 carts; what does it take to extract the files and copy them in turn to the microSD, to see which one it works with? :unsure: .. it doesn't seem so difficult ... you don't want others to do the work for you?!? :teach:

Reactions: AnotherMuggle

Kanji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait a moment. :glare:
Inside 'Retrogamefan multi cart' there are only 3 folders which refer to r4 carts; what does it take to extract the files and copy them in turn to the microSD, to see which one it works with? :unsure: .. it doesn't seem so difficult ... you don't want others to do the work for you?!? :teach:
And I'm telling you each one of the three folders doesn't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night