Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

puffykilled2pac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get the pro Controller as controller 1 I had to either unsync the gamepad with the console and start Retroarch using the pro controller or go into Retroarch's settings (Either input or controls) and set port 2 controls as player 1. This meant both the gamepad and pro controller were player 1 at the same time but the home button on my pro controller wouldn't work so I set L and R buttons as hotkeys for the Retroarch menu and then all set.
Where is the setting to have Port 2 control Player 1?

Sonicwatcher6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the setting to have Port 2 control Player 1?
Its when you're running a game in Quick Menu - Controls - Port 2 Controls - Mapped Port - set to 1 for both controllers to be Player 1.

I think as this is in Quick Menu you'd have to do this for each different game? If this setting is in the main Settings menu then I can't find it. Hope this helps.

Antihero2011

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.

So i upgraded from CrazyMac's 2.0 release. Did all the steps. However, all my thumbnails (consoles and games) have disappeared. Upon inspecting the sd card contents, i noticed the 'media' folder has disappeared and in its place is assets. I renamed it back to media (as originally found in the crazymac download) and turned on my wiiu and no thumbnails. Took out the SD card to check and it changed back to assets. What am i missing here?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiU Picodrive Core already supports fullspeed 32X games!
I should’ve tested first, I thought it’s based on Genesis Plus GX, time to add 32 Bios files and Roms.

Edit: I just checked, there’s no Picodrive core and selecting a 32X Rom results in “no compatible core found” screen.

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: ploggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I should’ve tested first, I thought it’s based on Genesis Plus GX, time to add 32 Bios files and Roms.

Edit: I just checked, there’s no Picodrive core and selecting a 32X Rom results in “no compatible core found” screen.
Download the latest version from the retroarch Website.

Capture d’écran 2022-02-17 153822.png

wwhtvd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the Cannonball core still crash when pressing "Play Game"? And is the missing assets problem still there when launching the PC Engine cores?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Did some more testing yesterday, got a few more questions...

-Regarding Neo Geo emulation, tried several games and every time I get a message telling me that it recognizes the core but the rom set is incompatible, any info how to get Neo Geo to work properly would would be appreciated, do I need a different bios, maybe I need to set the bios folder in a specific location, any specific Rom set perhaps? I tested with the Neo Geo Roms version btw not the MAME versions.

-Regarding Sega Pico out of curiosity I tried them and they sort of work? The extra sound channels don’t seem to work though nor does the electornic book show up but I managed to somehow flip pages and even get the curser to move, in one game it moved with the dpad and in another with the touch screen, not sure how to get these games to work properly if anybody knows.

-Regarding Neko II emulation I only managed to test one game but it crashed at the start... sort of, the software didn’t softlock but I couldn’t move the mouse cursor or choose any menu, just wanted to clarify if NEC PC-98 emulation is indeed supported.

I’ll try to get more testing done when I get the chance...

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

-Regarding Neo Geo emulation, tried several games and every time I get a message telling me that it recognizes the core but the rom set is incompatible, any info how to get Neo Geo to work properly would would be appreciated, do I need a different bios, maybe I need to set the bios folder in a specific location, any specific Rom set perhaps? I tested with the Neo Geo Roms version btw not the MAME versions.

-Regarding Sega Pico out of curiosity I tried them and they sort of work? The extra sound channels don’t seem to work though nor does the electornic book show up but I managed to somehow flip pages and even get the curser to move, in one game it moved with the dpad and in another with the touch screen, not sure how to get these games to work properly if anybody knows.

-Regarding Neko II emulation I only managed to test one game but it crashed at the start... sort of, the software didn’t softlock but I couldn’t move the mouse cursor or choose any menu, just wanted to clarify if NEC PC-98 emulation is indeed supported.

I can only give some insight on the first question. Assuming you are using FB Neo, you need to make sure that you not only have the latest zip files for both the games, but also the latest neogeo.zip file inside RetroArch's system folder for the games to work. The message you got is a result of not having the latest files, since unlike other platforms, Arcade emulation does indeed require you to update the rom files from time to time. Google will help you find more information about how to keep everything up to date.

Last edited by GABO1423,
Reactions: sonictopfan

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Mine work from PFBA set.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
An update...

-Regarding Neo Geo I couldn’t get the Kwaks rom set to work (maybe I need to unzip the bios or put it somewhere else?) but I got the MAME versions to work instead so that’s good, I’m getting the best luck with core MAME 2003 Plus though the other cores help.

-Regarding NEC PC-98 games seem to be working but I get no key input, I’m not very interested in those but if someone can help out I’d appreciate it, honestly I’m onLy interested out of obligation because of one game A Hard Day’s Night which has a Sonic The Hedgehog reference, lol.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
An update...

-Regarding Neo Geo I couldn’t get the Kwaks rom set to work (maybe I need to unzip the bios or put it somewhere else?) but I got the MAME versions to work instead so that’s good, I’m getting the best luck with core MAME 2003 Plus though the other cores help.

-Regarding NEC PC-98 games seem to be working but I get no key input, I’m not very interested in those but if someone can help out I’d appreciate it, honestly I’m onLy interested out of obligation because of one game A Hard Day’s Night which has a Sonic The Hedgehog reference, lol.
You never unzip any Arcade zip file. That just makes the files not work. I just think the romsets you tried weren't good. At least you eventually got it to work with another core.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro