Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any luck running ZXSpectrum or C64 games via Fuse/Vice cores?
Using the latest stables/nightly Fuse core for example I can get initial screen to appear but then get glitched lines appearing. Also, it seems very difficult in how to setup the keyboard/joystick.
Would love to know if anyone has it worked out as the Retroarch would then truly be my allinone go to emu app.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using the latest stables/nightly Fuse core for example I can get initial screen to appear but then get glitched lines appearing. Also, it seems very difficult in how to setup the keyboard/joystick.
Would love to know if anyone has it worked out as the Retroarch would then truly be my allinone go to emu app.
Hello!

I've been playing C64 games using Vice, and it works ok, as long as the game consists of a single file. I've tried using flip-list files for games consisting of more than one file, but wasn't able to make it work.

Best regards,
Davor

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I've been playing C64 games using Vice, and it works ok, as long as the game consists of a single file. I've tried using flip-list files for games consisting of more than one file, but wasn't able to make it work.

Best regards,
Davor
Thanks. I’ll give it another go. Config is easier for C64 as most games expect a joystick..

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@QuarkTheAwesome @rioray
Thanks for your amazing work, is it possible to use ScummVM with touch support through the channel yet? In the newest nightly i didn't find the core yet and I don't know if the channel is always on the newest version anyways.
It worked through hbc but I want to have it clean and also with playlists like the other cores.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anybody been having problems getting digital to analog to work? I can't get my analog stick to accept any d-pad inputs in the latest stable.

Had the same problem, but when you assign the analog stick to d-pad buttons manual it does work, also the d-pad still works after that, hope that helps

Reactions: Rockhoundhigh

myfarx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all

Really impressed how far this has improved in such a short space of time, excellent work stuff.

One thing I would like to be able to do, is use a WiiMote & Classic Controller pair as 2 separate controllers for games which support >5 players (eg Mr Boom).

Is there anything I am missing? Or is there some other way to have >5 players?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
.tap files give me grey screen
When I try to load Jetpac.z80 it get stuck at this loading screen...
IMG_20171127_162825297.jpg

Last edited by cucholix,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
doest it works previously ? or it never working before ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Yes, it worked with stand alone RA fuse at the very least, my memory is fuzzy about it xD, pretty old build, but not sure when exactly it broke...

Last edited by cucholix,

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it worked with stand alone RA fuse at the very least, my memory is fuzzy about it xD, pretty old build, but not sure when exactly it broke...
adding CFLAGS += -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN -DMSB_FIRST to the wiiU section of the makefile.libretro and
it load but , i only get Jetpac is loading blinking (but i get the same behavior on PC).
Lg5qzNF.jpg

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
adding CFLAGS += -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN -DMSB_FIRST to the wiiU section of the makefile.libretro and
it load but , i only get Jetpac is loading blinking (but i get the same behavior on PC).
Lg5qzNF.jpg
Yes, original fuse get stuck in the loading screen too unfortunely, but other .tap load fine now?

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, original fuse get stuck in the loading screen too unfortunely, but other .tap load fine now?
Ok LOL i understand now why it was not working (the input) :
N8qg4X1.jpg

in game you have to first go to quick menu control and choose the user 1 device .
You can set it to Kempston Joystick for example.

then you can use + to toggle the virtual keyboard you start the game ( 1 then 3 then 5 ) .
tested also r-type (the game not me :D) , works great Z80 and TAP.

I made a PR for the endian flags, now waiting the approval . (edit: PR merged should be there quickly)

Last edited by rioray,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you are experiencing crashes you can try changing this

View attachment 107075

To CC or nearest and help us confirm

Which nightly build do you want us to test? Any particular method i.e. spam opening/closing ROMs, cores, etc?

Phaha just reading through that page and actually laughed out loud. Thanks for making my night man. Helps during exam season.

:( That wasn't my intent.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@QuarkTheAwesome @rioray
Thanks for your amazing work, is it possible to use ScummVM with touch support through the channel yet? In the newest nightly i didn't find the core yet and I don't know if the channel is always on the newest version anyways.
It worked through hbc but I want to have it clean and also with playlists like the other cores.

The ScummVM core is not "ready to be released" yet as @rioray is still working on it but you can grab some compiled versions in a few of his posts here (look for the most recent one of course) which (once placed beside the other cores) should be usable with the Launcher Channel as well.

Phaha just reading through that page and actually laughed out loud. Thanks for making my night man. Helps during exam season.

lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described