SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks indeed that method prevents that issue from happening.

I notice no difference. Games that struggle to reach 60fps don't get any boost if you put the maximum 100 value.

- Tekken 3, Bloody roar 2, dead or alive don't reach 60fps, about 42fps
- Some other 3d fighting run full speed: rival schools, street fighter ex

After testing, I've noticed some random slowndown when you hear some sound effects for the first time (ex: Hadoken). After the first time, the slowdown disappears. Strange.
I generally dont post much on Wii U scene thread but i think its time to clarify this.

Maybe is because of Dithering setting enabled. Dithering takes some performance naturally, so i would recommend to disable it.

Dont know if PCSX-ReARMed core has the Interlaced mode as an option like latest WiiStation, but if it exists, have you enabled it?

Also, have you enabled Frame Duping?

U could also try enabling Frameskipping.

Reactions: depaul and ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I generally dont post much on Wii U scene thread but i think its time to clarify this.

Maybe is because of Dithering setting enabled. Dithering takes some performance naturally, so i would recommend to disable it.

Dont know if PCSX-ReARMed core has the Interlaced mode as an option like latest WiiStation, but if it exists, have you enabled it?

We know about the disable Dithering boost, WiiU doesn't have the Interlaced mode, so we don't get the perf boost you guys get :/
Frame Duping is on by default on the WiiU Core ;)
We do have a Frame skip Auto Threashold option which helps in some circumstances (the Tony Hawks games especially in my tests) but it doesn't play nice with the Unai Plugin right now.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Thank you WiiStation author for your awesome work 🙏 I appreciate your reply!
I'm sure frame duping was enabled. Dithering and bilinear filtering disabled. And yes frame skipping gets more fps.

Using latest version that Ploggy shared, most games reach easily 60fps or more (180fps if you enable throttling). Just a few 3D games struggle between 40-60fps.

WiiStation still has better compatibility, so I'm using them both (and also WiiSXRX).

Thank you for the good work guys.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thank you WiiStation author for your awesome work 🙏 I appreciate your reply!
I'm sure frame duping was enabled. Dithering and bilinear filtering disabled. And yes frame skipping gets more fps.

Using latest version that Ploggy shared, most games reach easily 60fps or more (180fps if you enable throttling). Just a few 3D games struggle between 40-60fps.

WiiStation still has better compatibility, so I'm using them both (and also WiiSXRX).

Thank you for the good work guys.
Well, im not the author of WiiStation xD, but i contributed with merging others' changes and also making my own changes to the emu for give a best experience.

Original author of that emu is @xjsxjs197, not me. I contributed to the development, though.

Hope this didnt confuse you.

Reactions: ploggy and depaul

lustyoompah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get any CV1000 Cave (Dodonpachi DOJ, Mushihimesama, etc) titles running on Retroarch for Wii U? I figure they're too intensive to run, and I've tried the Final Burn Neo ROMs with no luck... but just wondering if someone else has had more success!

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone been able to get any CV1000 Cave (Dodonpachi DOJ, Mushihimesama, etc) titles running on Retroarch for Wii U? I figure they're too intensive to run, and I've tried the Final Burn Neo ROMs with no luck... but just wondering if someone else has had more success!
Download mame 0.78 version of these games and launch these with mame 2003 or mame 2003 plus cores.

lustyoompah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing those titles in the 0.78 romset-- possibly they would have been too new/unreleased when it was compiled? I haven't tried the more recent MAME romsets to see if that may work, but I'll give that a shot tonight! FBN works well for a lot of things on Wii U but I've been unable to get the CV1000 games to work.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Fuse core crashing for anyone else here?
1693947860251.jpeg

I know there's a known issue where the Core would crash if you messed with the Control Options but this happens when you load a rom :/

Reactions: AmandaRose

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using ScummVM core on Retroarch and it doesn't seem to like the wii remote at all. The pointer/infrared thing doesn't work at all (while it worked straight away in Wii version) and after playing for a bit everything gets super laggy (if I use the pro controller that doesn't happen). Is there something I can do...?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using ScummVM core on Retroarch and it doesn't seem to like the wii remote at all. The pointer/infrared thing doesn't work at all (while it worked straight away in Wii version) and after playing for a bit everything gets super laggy (if I use the pro controller that doesn't happen). Is there something I can do...?
The WiiU ScummVM doesn't support the Wiimote IR Pointer, sucks I know. It does support the WiiU Gamepad Touchscreen tho.
I dont know about super laggy after awhile..
You can make an issue on the ScummVM Github page, the dev may fix the speed issue if you report it ;)
https://github.com/libretro/scummvm/issues

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Fuse core crashing for anyone else here?
View attachment 392222
I know there's a known issue where the Core would crash if you messed with the Control Options but this happens when you load a rom :/
Just tried it and yep I have the same issue. My version of fuse is from Aug 18th and yours Sept 5.

20230906_130234.jpg

Reactions: ploggy

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: Maxbeta and depaul

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried it and yep I have the same issue. My version of fuse is from Aug 18th and yours Sept 5.

View attachment 392285
Thanks for confirming, the bug has been narrowed down to a couple commits, they said they'd look into it.. Hopefully once they fix this bug they can look into the Controller settings crash bug too :)
Post automatically merged:

Is there any way to have a single game load up by default and assign a Wii U channel to it with retroarch yet?
We would have had this a couple years ago, but since Retroarch doesn't exit properly when made into a standard Channel it was put on the back burner :/

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there!Just a quick question for nes zapper games. Can we play them with a wiimote acting as an emulated zapper with fceumm or nestopia core? Only managed to use touchscreen controls for zapper with latest cores. Thanks in advanced!

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@jacobsson did you have any luck adding in Wiimote Pointer support?
Hi Ploggy, I didn't look too deep into it, but I got stuck trying to understand if we had any kind implementation of the libogc already in the WiiU "branch" or not. That's where I got lost unfortunately. I haven't heard back from Wiimpathy either. One can only hope someone more knowledgeable takes interest for this as it would be extremely valuable.

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work