Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any commit regarding the Wii U builds in the last days?
Last one I believe was way back when FIX94 did the last audio fixes, which was like 29 or 30 November builds.
Unless there are any more commits made to the Wii U side, I won't update the nightlies I currently have, there is no point. xD

I'd suggest the same too, keep ELF file format for cores for almost every core which is not FBA or MAME, and only use RPX for these last two.

No, I don't think there's been anything in the Wii U side in a couple of days, I believe the nightly builds compile irrespective of any changes on that side.

Dang, i didn't get to test yesterday's builds

Eh, not missing much, in all honesty, but 12-4's build works fantastically.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As for Killer Instinct, looks like mame 0.78 does not support CHD files (not properly on RetroArch), so rip... :P
Its a WiiU thing, Im sure many CHDs work on other platforms. However, I do remember reading somewhere that KI specifically had problems, so I wouldnt get hopes up about that one.

AriaHiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried explaining an layman's terms what it would take for an n64 emulator to get running and offered to release the documentation i use to make hardware compatible mods. hopefully to people that know powerPC. non computer savy people interpret that as me as demanding features which i dont understand why. so im just going to sit back and watch the progress and not bother anymore.

with that said im excited that there will be non glitchy doom and mame emulation

Last edited by AriaHiro,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its a WiiU thing, Im sure many CHDs work on other platforms. However, I do remember reading somewhere that KI specifically had problems, so I wouldnt get hopes up about that one.
I tried compiling mame2010 and mame 2014 but got alot of errors :( managed to compile mame2000 though, but if 2003 doesn't work with CHD 2000 definitely wont. :P

Reactions: AriaHiro

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Amazing emulators!
Is there the option for the gamepad to emulate the SNES mouse? Mario Paint on Wii U would be so AWESOME :D

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
FBA2012 from 12-05's build work flawlessly again.

Ok, given yesterday's controversy i think we should, MAYBE, talk straight about our real priorities in regards of this version of Retroarch. It actually irked me in a bad way how it was handled and it seems it has become taboo to speak about that so, for a little change of subject, how about this?

I'll start. This is what i'm hoping the most from Retroarch:

1.- Multiplayer support (I have a sister who introduced me to videogames almost 30 years ago. We love to game together. Also i'm introducing my nephews, younger one loves fighting games with passion)
2.- Multiple controllers support (This comes with the first one. I have a Wii classic controller pro laying on my desk wich i'm aching to use)
3.- USB Support (Storage and HID controllers if possible. Maybe Xinput? idk, but IOSU can make this possible?)
4.- CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED
5.- DosBox core (I used to love playing the Pc Futbol series back in the day. I need my dose of PC Futbol 4. Maybe this is more doable than the forbidden cores?)
6.- Neo Geo Pocket core (The forgotten one)

So far this what i'm hoping. Keep in mind that i don't want to start another debate, i'm not rushing anyone and i'm not saying what SHOULD be done.Fuck, if i knew how to i'd get on in myself.

Last edited by Osakasan, , Reason: not indirectly censored by someone

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a few extra core's I managed to compile the other day while messing around :) Some work fine.. Some not so much ;)

Working:
Snes9x2005 (Some graphic bugs)
Game And Watch (Hasn't been in the Buildbot for a while) :)
blueMSX (No Quick Save/Load)
Stella (Atari2600 YAY!, No Quick Save/Load)
VBA Next (Works fine as far as I can tell) :)
Vectrex (Works fine as far as I can tell) :)

Not Working:
Handy (LYNX, Wont load a game) :(

http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/TiZjeMzx/file.html

Note: I cant code a sausage, all I managed to do was figure out how to compile what was already there. This is as far as my skill goes ;)

Have fun.
Hey @ploggy not sure what I am doing wrong but I have tried multiple msx roms and have yet to get one to load. What should my msx bios files be called etc thanks

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: ploggy

splatool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
this is what i'm hoping for not demanding from the retroarch
1 - time travel (yes its hard and i also want PSX core SUBTLE HINT SUBTLE HINT)
2 - grapes peeled for me (yes its hard CAN I HAVE PSX CORE NAO PLZ)
3 - PS4 emulator (NOW DO PSX CUZ ITS EASIER I AM SO SUBTLE)
4 - interdimensional travel (i havent mentioned PSX CORE FOR AT LEAST ONE LINE THERE)
5 - PSX core (BECAUSE I CANT STOP MENTIONING IT EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE ARE FUCKING SICK TO DEATH OF IT AND I KNOW IT)

./satire

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
For the new cores O.o

icon.png
icon.png
icon.png
icon.png

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @ploggy not sure what I am doing wrong but I have tried multiple msx roms and have yet to get one to load. What should my msx bios files be called etc thanks

MSX wasn´t working for me until i found this in the Libreto Wiki for BlueMSX core:

BIOS
The libretro port of blueMSX requires the BIOS files from the full standalone package to be moved into the System\Machines folder to work.

So you have to download BlueMSX for windows, extract it to a folder in your computer and then copy the machines folder to the retroarch system folder in your SD card.

Keeping the subject to MSX, i´m having trouble with The Castle and The Castle Excelent. The games run but controls aren´t working. Could someone else do a test?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
MSX wasn´t working for me until i found this in the Libreto Wiki for BlueMSX core:

BIOS
The libretro port of blueMSX requires the BIOS files from the full standalone package to be moved into the System\Machines folder to work.

So you have to download BlueMSX for windows, extract it to a folder in your computer and then copy the machines folder to the retroarch system folder in your SD card.

Keeping the subject to MSX, i´m having trouble with The Castle and The Castle Excelent. The games run but controls aren´t working. Could someone else do a test?
What's the full path?
sd:/retroarch/system/machines/Col-Colecovision, MSX, MSX Arabian ....?

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FBA2012 from 12-05's build work flawlessly again.

I'll start. This is what i'm hoping the most from Retroarch:

1.- Multiplayer support (I have a sister who introduced me to videogames almost 30 years ago. We love to game together. Also i'm introducing my nephews, younger one loves fighting games with passion)

4.- CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED

So far this what i'm hoping. Keep in mind that i don't want to start another debate, i'm not rushing anyone and i'm not saying what SHOULD be done.Fuck, if i knew how to i'd get on in myself.

Just stop. I'm sure the devs are well aware of what the most desired features are aside from the newer cores by now, we don't need a wishlist secretly masquerading as begging for PSX dynarec. Go CFW a PS3 if you want to play PS1 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30