I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry I can compile some Cores but when it comes to actually fixing code I haven't got a clue ha ha.
Any reason you want VBA-M to work in particular?
Basically for try if we can get some latest updated stuff from upstream VBA-M.
Yeah ik there's VBA-GX but this one has a lot of missing features and fixes that upstream VBA-M has.
EDIT: And it also can run a few GB/GBC games that mGBA cant run or they run with issues. Not to mention that i like more the huge SGB compatibility.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically for try if we can get some latest updated stuff from upstream VBA-M.
Yeah ik there's VBA-GX but this one has a lot of missing features and fixes that upstream VBA-M has.
EDIT: And it also can run a few GB/GBC games that mGBA cant run or they run with issues. Not to mention that i like more the huge SGB compatibility.
I just tried compiling VBA-M for Wii and WiiU but both just show a white screen like you said :/
I even tried copy/pasting the VBA-Next Makefile since it known to work and has some differences compared to the VBA-M one but still just shows a white screen..
Atleast the error is the same between Wii and WiiU tho, so chances are you fix one you fix the other :)

My suggestion would be make an issue in the VBA-M git page and see if someone looks into it :) could be endian related?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
The WiiU Makefile needed -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN=1 in the endian defines ;) that's it lol
Ohhh, i could try forking VBA-M (both upstream and Libretro fork) and i will make a PR, obviously giving you credit for your fix ;)
Post automatically merged:

@ploggy Thanks for your fix, it's working now:
1692384728869.png

1692384792868.png

(GBA emulation here is slow compared to mGBA Wii, but hey we get benefitied of latest VBA-M fixes on GB/SGB/GBC emulation :) )

Last edited by SaulFabre,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohhh, i could try forking VBA-M (both upstream and Libretro fork) and i will make a PR, obviously giving you credit for your fix ;)
Post automatically merged:

@ploggy Thanks for your fix, it's working now:
View attachment 389057
View attachment 389058

(GBA emulation here is slow compared to mGBA Wii, but hey we get benefitied of latest VBA-M fixes on GB/SGB/GBC emulation :) )
Your welcome, just glad I caught the issue :)
There is a another Gba Core on wii RA called GPPS if you didn't know, its pretty fast too.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you mean gpSP? Lol, that was made originally for PSP but later was ported to Libretro.
Anyways, i'm making the small changes and sending the PRs in a few minutes.
Haha yea gpSP. The Core is on the Wii buildbot, and from what I can tell runs fast on Wii I don't know about the compatibility tho.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Updated VBA-M and A5200 cores to:
- Latest A5200-Libretro - until this commit https://github.com/libretro/a5200/commit/bec8385e507ff864f0fed3ea5785466f5f86c13b
- Latest upstream VisualBoyAdvance-M - until commit https://github.com/visualboyadvance...mmit/558317555970b5fd6805b8d5e14ea259c9a16360, with this patch https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/...mmit/24225341df78ca6c7b08d37efc9a299639f42863

Its been merged on libretro! :)
@ploggy Yeah i saw it too, it makes me happy today, but i also want upstream VBA-M to merge my changes too xD
BTW, i also fixed GameCube builds of VBA-M Libretro with this another PR (still not merged): https://github.com/libretro/vbam-libretro/pull/117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo