Homebrew RetroArch Switch

nifoc2099

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
each and every time my core updater fails. the core is downloaded but when it starts to extract it fails.
can somebody hint me to some steps i should follow to figure out what the issue is? thanks!

Possibly a minor bug. Just update/replace the core(s) manually. Dont forget to delete your retroarch.cfg once your core(s) is/are updated.

Last edited by nifoc2099,

benthrottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please confirm if Neogeocd works under FBA neo? Tried everything i Could to make it work but it simply doesn't boot. Not compatible, perhaps?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subsystems are currently broken on the switch

Subsystems? Like, cores on the Switch itself that are emulating spring-offs of other consoles like the Neo-Geo CD is (which still takes far longer to load shit even when emulating games, so WTF is the point, IMO?), or code for the emulator/frontend isn't working right?

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly a minor bug. Just update/replace the core(s) manually. Dont forget to delete your retroarch.cfg once your core(s) is/are updated.

Wait...delete that file every time a core is updated, even for ones like SNES9x and mGBA? or just in that person's specific case?

Thanks!

NRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm having an issue with Conkers Bad fur Day (64)
When you start( Its War Cutscene), when the plane with 2 soldiers crashes into the sea, the game freezes, you can only acess the retroarch menu itself. Is there a configuration to solve this issue?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bit of news flash.

So last week @Rinnegatamante, of Vita homebrew scene fame, started porting over the VitaQuake homebrews made for the Vita, which depend on GL to work, as cores for RetroArch.

Some new commits made to these recent ports add a libnx target to their compilation, so expect two new cores for VitaQuake2 and VitaQuake3 to the Switch soon! (Hopefully in the next nightly compilation)
https://github.com/libretro/vitaquake2/commit/80e3102a6cd19ad1d4cd220a8dd43525b82e5681
https://github.com/libretro/vitaquake3/commit/36d10fdb01df188f3d9f35bafa5b1b074e00eef3

And one more thing as well, melonDS (DS emulator) now has an ARM64 dynarec working for the Switch!
While the dynarec itself hasn't been added into the libretro core, expect it to be added in the upcoming future.
In the meanwhile, be sure to test the standalone alpha build and help with any feedback for it:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/melonds-for-switch.518300/page-27#post-8823947

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Z-bake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quake 2 is in RetroArch for Switch? Did I miss something?
Just found on the main libretro site that there's a version for vita.

I like the tyrQuake core in RA for Quake 1. I always wondered, if there are any benefits of the standalone version. Are there any?

Last edited by Z-bake,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quake 2 is in RetroArch for Switch? Did I miss something?
Just found on the main libretro site that there's a version for vita.

I like the tyrQuake core in RA for Quake 1. I always wondered, if there are any benefits of the standalone version. Are there any?
The "version for vita" is just the name of the core, not the version itself.
As I mentioned in my post, the "VitaQuake" cores are ports of the homebrew apps Rinnegatamante made for the Vita, but ported over to RetroArch/Libretro to work as proper cores, so that said ports can be used in several devices.

This effectively brings Quake 2 & 3 as proper cores into Libretro, since afaik libretro didn't have any Quake 2 or 3 cores before.

I think it also need a Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem 3D cores as well :tpi:

Reactions: lordelan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, I didn't know that.
Then I'll wait until vitaQuake2 appears in the nightlies for the switch someday :)
Shouldn't take long.
I was expecting them to be available today, but I think the buildbot has some issues.
Try keeping an eye for the buildbot nightlies today, maybe they might appear in a few hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt