RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Yeah, it's a libnx issue. But it does affect some cores more than others e.g. flycast.

Silent_Gunner, CatmanFan and snoofly like this.
  2. Strakefou

Strakefou Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    France
    Hi guys,
    I am new here and have a question about retroarch on switch.
    I play tony hawk on ps1 core and on the handhelp display it is very crisp and clear resolution. No pixels to be seen.
    But on my LG ultraHD tv i see a lot of pixels.
    I mean, it is very playable but the handheld screen is 720p, so i think the game should also be without so much pixels on tv?!
    Maybe i am wrong, but maybe you know where i can improve resolution for tv output?!
    Thanks guys

3. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    Just play tony hawk dreamcast version...pcsx-rearmed doesn't support upscaling, you can't make it look better (except maybe for turning on dithering but that doesn't make much difference).

4. Strakefou

Strakefou Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    France
    Ok. I’ll try dreamcast version...
    Is it the same game?;-)

Ok. But what i can’t understand is why it does look good on switch handheld screen? Any idea

5. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    because its 20x smaller than your tv?

Coreyosaur likes this.
  6. Mysterio619

Mysterio619 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2019
    Netherlands
    I have a problem with some roms. on the mupen64-next core, the wwf no mercy and wrestlemania 2000 roms when they start the intro screen is half and then goes full however the text are outside of the boxes does someone know how to fix this?

7. Strakefou

Strakefou Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    France
    Really? That’s it? I thought there was a problem... but it make’s sense! Thank you

8. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    anyway the quality of a dreamcast version is WAY better and it runs perfectly

9. marque84

marque84 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2018
    Germany
    each and every time my core updater fails. the core is downloaded but when it starts to extract it fails.
    can somebody hint me to some steps i should follow to figure out what the issue is? thanks!

10. Strakefou

Strakefou Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    France
    Well thank you. Another thing:
    When i have an automatic savefile and i close retroarch and next time i want to open the game, the game doesn’t open but i get an error message saying “the game has been closed because there has been an error”!
    I have to delete the automatic download file in order that the game starts again. Now i just switched of automated saving from retroarch.

11. cdesign

cdesign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    France
    Same here !

12. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    1.7.9 out?

13. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Purple_Shyguy likes this.
  14. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Latest nightly Final Burn Alpha core controls do not work on 9.0.1, all the other cores I tried worked.

lordelan likes this.
  15. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Mupen 64 next core is brilliant.

Any way to perma fix the widescreen ratio and perma set a shader?

CatmanFan likes this.
  16. raine_em

raine_em Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Canada
    can't get shaders to work with anything at all.
    glslp files gives an error message and saving configuration for shaders gets an error message. glsl files are completely hidden as well, despite being in the retroarch shaders folder on my sd card. im running on the gl video driver, this is so bizarre.

17. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    Does Flycast core not support .gdi file types? I tried Metropolis Street Racer and it hangs at the SEGA logo (Yes I have the BIOS files placed in the proper folder)

18. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    It should. I've used GDIs in the past and it's been fine, but now I strictly stick with CHDs because you'll usually save at least 200MB on GDIs.

19. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom

Hmm, that is odd. try complete reinstallation? 1.7.9 folder etc.

Shaders work for me, some cause slowdown, but idk how to make them automatically apply to the mupen next core. I’m sure there is a way.

20. Antonio Soler

Antonio Soler Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Can't get the bezels from Bezel Project to work. I've downloaded the Mame pack from the repository, unziped and copied the config and overlay directories to the retroarch folder in my sd card. When i run a game in the Mame 2003-plus or FB Neo cores, it loads the override cfg for the rom and in the onscreen overlay menu it shows that the overlay preset .cfg for the rom is loaded, but the bezel is not showing. I'm using 1.7.9 last nightly. Overlay opacity is at 0.70 and overlay scale is at 1.0. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted