Reactions: lordelan

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
developed
i have tested this new core and it crashed retroarch
same for me crashed when loading the content, but i guess it is because i dont use the latest retroarch nigthly
6.2, atmosphere, homebrew.nsp

surprised and happy to see this core to be developed!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
developed
same for me crashed when loading the content, but i guess it is because i dont use the latest retroarch nigthly
6.2, atmosphere, homebrew.nsp

surprised and happy to see this core to be developed!
Try title replacement, curious if its a bitch with nsp now too

Wolf2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi has anyone got Shadowman running and if they have could they tell me what settings they are using please, Ive got it running using the new settings which have recently been posted but every time I go into the retroarch options and then back into the game half of the screen disappears . This can be solved by never going into the options but that is not entirely practical , and sometimes I think the camera is playing catch up when the character is running.

Also I thought Donkey Kong 64 worked fine but after just testing it the camera doesn’t flow its constantly playing catch up, does anyone know what’s going on there. Other games are working beautifully for example SM64 Mario Kart and F1 Grand Prix . Many thanks for any help and insite you can offer .

Don't know if it helps, but for the old RetroArch there was a workaround:
DK64 Camera Issue workaround:
- Start ROM
- Turn FBEmu On
- Set RDRAM Depth stuff: Software (fromMem does not work)
- Close ROM & start ROM again
- Get ingame
- Do a Savestate
- Turn FBEmuoff, RDRAM stuff back or whatever
- Load Savestate
- Stays fixed whenever u load that Savestate

Reactions: lordelan

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Try title replacement, curious if its a bitch with nsp now too

It crashes after I load the rom. I am using title replacement and a nightly version of retroarch.
I have the hekate beta version with the svcControlCodeMemory patch. And N64 emulation works stutterfree for me with the specific mupen64plus-next build that you posted on twitter.

Maybe it's just a bad rom. I only tested Pokemon SoulSilver so far

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It crashes after I load the rom. I am using title replacement and a nightly version of retroarch.
I have the hekate beta version with the svcControlCodeMemory patch. And N64 emulation works stutterfree for me with the specific mupen64plus-next build that you posted on twitter.

Maybe it's just a bad rom. I only tested Pokemon SoulSilver so far
I tested only new super Mario, but the rom works with another emulators.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if it helps, but for the old RetroArch there was a workaround:
DK64 Camera Issue workaround:
- Start ROM
- Turn FBEmu On
- Set RDRAM Depth stuff: Software (fromMem does not work)
- Get ingame
- Do a Savestate
- Turn FBEmuoff, RDRAM stuff back or whatever
- Load Savestate
- Stays fixed whenever u load that Savestate

Many thanks for that I do remember reading that now quite a while back, I’ll give it a go later . May try it for shadow man too.

Anyone got decent performance out of Banjo Tooie yet , it runs not bad on maximum overclock but with terrible slowdown in some areas

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Csmrcc @DaniPoo you guys are most likely missing the BiOS files, see here: https://docs.libretro.com/library/melonds/
Lol, you are right, i even have the bios on the melonds homebrew folder, but didnt remember to put them in retroarch core/system too, lets try it. Now everything fine.
@m4xw
tested with overclock high performance, stutter sound always, fps:
new super mario: intro and menu 25, game 30
mario kart: menu 50, game 20
lego indiana jones: menu 35, game 26
Tetris ds: menu 59, game 43
I am really impressed :O

D

Deleted-351540

oh, i didn't know that, may be i'll try that one day..but the method with renaming save for another disc definately works for re2, gl
You, my friend, are absolutely amazing. That did it. It worked! I can finally finish out the game and beat both scenario B's. I could hug you. Screw it. I'm gonna hug you.

*Digital hug*

Reactions: lordelan and bad361

Wolf2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many thanks for that I do remember reading that now quite a while back, I’ll give it a go later . May try it for shadow man too.

Anyone got decent performance out of Banjo Tooie yet , it runs not bad on maximum overclock but with terrible slowdown in some areas

Same here... some scenes with Banjo Tooie are really cool and smooth but overall its not worth to play it with such slowdowns... May be don't have the final settings for that game or there are maybe some more improvements outstanding

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, you are right, i even have the bios on the melonds homebrew folder, but didnt remember to put them in retroarch core/system too, lets try it. Now everything fine.
@m4xw
tested with overclock high performance, stutter sound always, fps:
new super mario: intro and menu 25, game 30
mario kart: menu 50, game 20
lego indiana jones: menu 35, game 26
Tetris ds: menu 59, game 43
I am really impressed :O
... impressed? lol.
More like feelsBadMan

Reactions: TotalJustice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying