Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoleras20099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asking if there was or if there were plans for it since I saw it was by Retroarch I thought.
It'll take a lot more work for the N64 core to work compared to the work put into the other cores. It'll probably be quite a while.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
That makefile doesn't have you define CTRULIB for some reason. Assuming you're using a mingw32 window, try:

Code:
export CTRULIB=$DEVKITPRO/libctru

If you're not, try:

Code:
set CTRULIB=%DEVKITPRO%\libctru

Then run make -f makefile.libretro platform=ctr again.

tried to use
Code:
set CTRULIB=%DEVKITPRO%\libctru
I didn't get a Error message like I got with "export".
But it didn't helped :/

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to those who answered my last question I got the Bios(es) in the right locations, but I haven't noticed any performance boost. I've read that most emulators run at decent/near-full speed on a N3ds No Kernal, but I can't get the GBA core to play pokemon firered at a decent speed (above a max of 42.xxxx fps during the duller parts of the game, and less than 35.xxxx fps during walking scenes, I haven't made it to an actual battle, yet).
And the PSX emulator never really exceeds 15 fps (the game is gran turismo). Does retroarch automatically read the BIOS, does the BIOS have to be named something specific (as in other than Scph1000.BIN for the PSX), and is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'll greatly appreciate any help I get, Thanks.

Reactions: SLiV3R

NeohopeSTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to those who answered my last question I got the Bios(es) in the right locations, but I haven't noticed any performance boost. I've read that most emulators run at decent/near-full speed on a N3ds No Kernal, but I can't get the GBA core to play pokemon firered at a decent speed (above a max of 42.xxxx fps during the duller parts of the game, and less than 35.xxxx fps during walking scenes, I haven't made it to an actual battle, yet).
And the PSX emulator never really exceeds 15 fps (the game is gran turismo). Does retroarch automatically read the BIOS, does the BIOS have to be named something specific (as in other than Scph1000.BIN for the PSX), and is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'll greatly appreciate any help I get, Thanks.
Nah the PSX emulator is really slow on .3dsx. What core are you using for gba? gpSP gives me near 60 with Pokemon games.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How can I play Metal Slug in the FBA Neo Geo emulator?
I tried it using the roms I downloaded a long time ago (which were compatible in my computer), but they won't work on my 3DS.

EDIT: I get that "Does not have samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames." message every rom. Not even Metal Slug 2 (the one with a screenshot from this thread works.

Last edited by Princess Emily,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, kinda need someone to help confirm if I n00bed my Retroarch install on my N3DS. I can't squeeze any speed out of the SNES9X Next core. None of the games I've played run at anything near full or even playable speed. A few major ones I tested include Super Metroid, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, A Link To The Past and Kirby's Dreamland 3. SF and SF2 I can understand, since SuperFX chip emulation is extremely taxing, but I would hope it improves or I did something wrong. As for my process, I downloaded and installed the .CIA version of the core with DevMenu to my N3DS' emulated NAND (9.0.0) running ReiNAND CFW.

Meowstic Amiibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, kinda need someone to help confirm if I n00bed my Retroarch install on my N3DS. I can't squeeze any speed out of the SNES9X Next core. None of the games I've played run at anything near full or even playable speed. A few major ones I tested include Super Metroid, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, A Link To The Past and Kirby's Dreamland 3. SF and SF2 I can understand, since SuperFX chip emulation is extremely taxing, but I would hope it improves or I did something wrong. As for my process, I downloaded and installed the .CIA version of the core with DevMenu to my N3DS' emulated NAND (9.0.0) running ReiNAND CFW.
Snes9x on New 3ds will run a little bit better than CatSFC for certain games (Kirby games and Super Mario RPG come to mind.) However, generally it doesn't run anything at fullspeed. I don't know of the CIA version of the core, but the 3DSX runs games at a "playable" state, yes. Generally I'd recommend using CatSFC whenever possible.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes9x on New 3ds will run a little bit better than CatSFC for certain games (Kirby games and Super Mario RPG come to mind.) However, generally it doesn't run anything at fullspeed. I don't know of the CIA version of the core, but the 3DSX runs games at a "playable" state, yes. Generally I'd recommend using CatSFC whenever possible.
Okay, thanks. Sounds like it's at the "wait for it to get better" point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: