Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just by activating Wireless, it will automatically Search for the Latest Updates. You dont need to connect to PSN or do anything. The System will do it by itself.

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just by activating Wireless, it will automatically Search for the Latest Updates. You dont need to connect to PSN or do anything. The System will do it by itself.
On the pstv I have wifi on and can turn automatic update off , I never get asked to update
Plus I don't think you can update firmware unless you login to psn and I'm not
Is not the same on vita ?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm pretty sure that is not the case. I used my Vita connected to the wifi for significant lengths of time, including nearly two years of 3.18, and never received an update nag without something triggering it. And even then, it doesn't actually download the update. It doesn't ninja-download in the background like the Wii U.

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had my WiFi on pretty much ever since I got Henkaku, and the only time I was ever asked to update was when the update first dropped. I've rebooted, reinstalled Henkaku multiple times since then and never have been asked to update again.
Also im pretty sure they're not allowed to force updates without user consent like consoles. If it self updated and the battery died, they'd be asking for a class action law suit for bricked vitas.
Only time it could happen would be plugged into a wall.
3DS won't even let you update if you're plugged into a wall unless it has a certain amount of battery life.

Last edited by Zeroba,

Rrenzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello like to know the game Marvel vs. Capcom works on core fbalpha2012_cps2 ?
why did several attempts in different roms and all fails in to load the game.

Edit:

I discovered my mistake I only placing the main rom and not regional also

now is work fine ^^

Last edited by Rrenzen,

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello like to know the game Marvel vs. Capcom works on core fbalpha2012_cps2 ?
why did several attempts in different roms and all fails in to load the game.
MVC works fine. Look for the parent rom. Make sure it's .zip and not in a bunch of files.

Reactions: Rrenzen

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to chime in to say I also can't stand the default control scheme, jump should be the bottom button, attack the left one. Not sure where I picked that up but that's how it's gotta be for me. But that's not a big deal because I can just change the global default and then only have to change a couple cores manually.

Also only semi related, but if I wanted to update to a new nightly I uninstall my old core like any other bubble on vita, right? And does it keep my settings if I do? (not that it's a big deal to re set them)

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
if I wanted to update to a new nightly I uninstall my old core like any other bubble on vita, right? And does it keep my settings if I do? (not that it's a big deal to re set them)

I'm pretty sure that's what you do. that's what I've done and I'm pretty sure it saved my settings too.

Reactions: Firion Hope

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Unless a new core has been added, you should be safe just reinstalling without uninstalling first because the titleIDs should be the same.

You MUST uninstall first if a new core has been added though because all the titleIDs will be shifted.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone want NetPlay or other Internet Connection Features????? You will risk getting Update Nags from hell. Eventually Sony will figure out how to get past the Update Blockers and your System will be compromised. Just accept RetroArch and the other Homebrew as they are and enjoy.
Great work by the way. Just waiting for 3.51 Compatibility so I wont lose ARK and the PSP Emulators I have along with PSP Games.

If that was the case, we'd have gotten the memo a long time ago trying to USE HENkaku because it's FTP driven...

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless a new core has been added, you should be safe just reinstalling without uninstalling first because the titleIDs should be the same.

You MUST uninstall first if a new core has been added though because all the titleIDs will be shifted.
I can update to the latests cores and use the same bubble images you made for 8/11 cores ?

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they still work. None of the cores for the icons have had their titlesIDs shifted.

I'll be the first to post here if the icons need renaming because I'm pretty anal about having nice icons.
check this out #121 , we don't have to get up and hit the power button to reboot on the pstv , after adding your images

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they still work. None of the cores for the icons have had their titlesIDs shifted.

I'll be the first to post here if the icons need renaming because I'm pretty anal about having nice icons.

Any chance of you making bubbles for Neo-Geo, CPS1 and CPS2?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Any chance of you making bubbles for Neo-Geo, CPS1 and CPS2?
I didn't make the icons in the first place. They were posted on Reddit ages ago for one of the earliest nightlies and no longer worked because of the shifted titleIDs. I simply renamed the directories, shifted some of the icons around to make more logical sense (e.g. Neo Geo using the black arcade icon) and repackaged.

Hopefully the icons from the 3DS version can eventually be officially ported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw