Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

smokemonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work, thanks sj33 :D
What are the decrypt key for the uploads?

I haven't used retroarch on any other platforms. Will they eventually include icons and titles?

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My one is the 1.0 portuguese br.
Anyway, any chance yabause or ssf be ported? I want really hard to play with Maria in castlevânia again.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My one is the 1.0 portuguese br.
Anyway, any chance yabause or ssf be ported? I want really hard to play with Maria in castlevânia again.

Come back in the next decade when Saturn emulation is simplified/overhauled.

We won't see anything better than on Desktops only until either of those two factors occur.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are some icons for Retroarch. I've basically taken the icon pack that was posted on Reddit way back when, and renamed them to match the latest 13th August nightly. Copy these folders into ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0:/appmeta/) and restart your console. Not all the cores have icons.

https://mega.nz/#!9EpRzJTa!6yVhgEqK1bUtbw5Mj-cntnniuansQN0DlgQ6ekuA4uI

These will only work on the LATEST nightly. This is because every time a new core is added, all the titleIDs get shifted and this messes up the icons too (thus, older builds with less cores have different titleIDs). I'll try to update the icons when this happens. Since FCEUmm is broken in the latest nightly, I've repacked an older version of FCEUmm with the newer titleID and LiveArea images.

https://mega.nz/#!AZYFkRhY!CWvAIWoD_EIoltulQ0Nsd_t-vATUxdEbfh9E018Fm5M

EDIT - Links fixed.

Nice job! This would be neat to include in the original post, methinks. Would you mind this, sj33?

derkiederk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still no word about a 444MHz mode? They're nice emulators but have too many slowdown issues. The unofficial ports have the option of limiting framerates and turning off vsync which helps a lot too.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ssf run castlevania ok at 30fps but is for windows. Yabause psp run games slow because lack of processor speed. But now for vita doesnt worth a try?

naughtyotsel

Trophies
XP
Country
cant seem to get the playstation 1 retroarch vpk anywhere, i also downloaded it from here and it was corupt can someone upload it for me?

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Still no word about a 444MHz mode? They're nice emulators but have too many slowdown issues. The unofficial ports have the option of limiting framerates and turning off vsync which helps a lot too.

Pretty sure by default it's set to maximum clockspeed.

Ssf run castlevania ok at 30fps but is for windows. Yabause psp run games slow because lack of processor speed. But now for vita doesnt worth a try?

SSF is closed source and old as hell... and only "close enough" at best. And buggy. And Yabause is still in VERY early alpha with low accuracy and low framerates on ANY system. If Nvidia Shield can't emulate games decently, how do you believe a system on par with an old iPad is gonna fare any better?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cant seem to get the playstation 1 retroarch vpk anywhere, i also downloaded it from here and it was corupt can someone upload it for me?

That's how it's SUPPOSED to be; nonfunctional.

Reactions: Enigma Hall

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some icons for Retroarch. I've basically taken the icon pack that was posted on Reddit way back when, and renamed them to match the latest 13th August nightly. Copy these folders into ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0:/appmeta/) and restart your console. Not all the cores have icons.

https://mega.nz/#!9EpRzJTa!6yVhgEqK1bUtbw5Mj-cntnniuansQN0DlgQ6ekuA4uI

These will only work on the LATEST nightly. This is because every time a new core is added, all the titleIDs get shifted and this messes up the icons too (thus, older builds with less cores have different titleIDs). I'll try to update the icons when this happens. Since FCEUmm is broken in the latest nightly, I've repacked an older version of FCEUmm with the newer titleID and LiveArea images.

https://mega.nz/#!AZYFkRhY!CWvAIWoD_EIoltulQ0Nsd_t-vATUxdEbfh9E018Fm5M

EDIT - Links fixed.
all the icons show except for FCEumm , i used your FCEUmm version on the second link, how do i make the icon show for that one ?

the second link only has the FCEUmm core, no image folder

Last edited by PlaystationTV,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
all the icons show except for FCEumm , i used your FCEUmm version on the second link, how do i make the icon show for that one ?

the second link only has the FCEUmm core, no image folder
It uses image folder RETR00008. It works here so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Remember that after installing fceumm_libretro.vpk, you then have to copy the replacement image folder back again as installing the .vpk overwrites it with the default icon.

EDIT - Here's a new version of the fceumm vpk with the new icon added. I have NOT tested this.

https://mega.nz/#!gQ53jCTR!lEno2sjESm42Avg9Rx32Bs8KQgnPDfV9_eZ2tpozZNw

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: PlaystationTV

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses image folder RETR00008. It works here so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Remember that after installing fceumm_libretro.vpk, you then have to copy the replacement image folder back again as installing the .vpk overwrites it with the default icon.

EDIT - Here's a new version of the fceumm vpk with the new icon added. I have NOT tested this.

https://mega.nz/#!gQ53jCTR!lEno2sjESm42Avg9Rx32Bs8KQgnPDfV9_eZ2tpozZNw
Ok that's what I did wrong , I did the transfer and then I reinstalled fceumm
Now is working after I put the image folder in appmeta again thanks

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No new core updates, of course. But I suppose I'll officially make a small update.

Thanks to romain337's PrBoom fix, the core functions properly; and in fact saves and loads just fine.
OFFICIALLY I cannot add this to the update as this is an unofficial fix. However, I will leave a notice on the main thread about this as temporarily the best way to play PrBoom. So thanks again!

ad4eeedd7d.jpg
1b59797cad.jpg

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The new fixed version of PrBoom works great! People should be aware that prboom.wad needs to placed in the same directory as your other .wads, NOT in ux0:/data/retroarch/core/system/.

The icon pack that I posted above contains a PrBoom icon. Copy the RETR00021 to ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0:/appmeta/) AFTER you have installed the prboom .vpk file. The icon folder name may change in later nightlies as cores are added and titleIDs shift.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.