Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What format do Sega CD roms needs to be in? I have the ISO, but I found a program that converts them into .bin files. Not sure what the correct format is.

It can be either or; correct ISO or correct .bin/.cue. The latter is more common however and is preferred.

Also it states the Bios names, but I can not for the life of me find Bios files with those exact names. I've tried renaming the bios I have but still get nothing.

As per GBATemp policy, we cannot -- and will not -- acknowledge exact locations of such copyrighted material (No matter the age).
Search (And this is being extremely general) for RetroArch preferred bios files/bios images on Google, you'll get your results fairly quickly.
And of course, make sure everything's in ux0:data/retroarch/system; that's where Genesis+GX/PicoDrive (And all the other cores) expects the images.

NoGood56er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be either or; correct ISO or correct .bin/.cue. The latter is more common however and is preferred.

As per GBATemp policy, we cannot -- and will not -- acknowledge exact locations of such copyrighted material (No matter the age).
Search (And this is being extremely general) for RetroArch preferred bios files/bios images on Google, you'll get your results fairly quickly.
And of course, make sure everything's in ux0:data/retroarch/system; that's where Genesis+GX/PicoDrive (And all the other cores) expects the images.

Yeah I totally get not sharing links or exact locations. I wasn't asking for that, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I was really wondering if I needed to rename the bios, because stupid me had not thought to google RETROARCH Sega CD bios (instead of just Sega CD Bios) and I could not find ones with the right file name... Thanks for that!

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I totally get not sharing links or exact locations. I wasn't asking for that, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I was really wondering if I needed to rename the bios, because stupid me had not thought to google RETROARCH Sega CD bios (instead of just Sega CD Bios) and I could not find ones with the right file name... Thanks for that!

Just rename them. As long as they ARE the right image sans name (Check with Gens or Kega Fusion), they'll work.
It's not like MAME where individual CRC hash checks are in order, thank Yukari for that.

julio.apc16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just rename them. As long as they ARE the right image sans name (Check with Gens or Kega Fusion), they'll work.
It's not like MAME where individual CRC hash checks are in order, thank Yukari for that.
good night these works games Earthworm Jim - Special Edition (U),Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure (U) sega cd?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PicoDrive won't work with either of the Sega CD games I've tried. Oddly, Genesis Plus does, and I thought that was the one that wouldn't work with CD games. I've got the files, I got them in the right place, but Pico still won't cooperate. So... I guess I'll just be playing these games on Genesis Plus for a while!

azidahaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone of you retroarch experts help me with the FBA neogeo? I tried everything at it just won't load roms >_>

And yes i have the bios in the rom folder and in the retroarch/system folder... What is worst is that the emu does not a single line of error.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone of you retroarch experts help me with the FBA neogeo? I tried everything at it just won't load roms >_>

And yes i have the bios in the rom folder and in the retroarch/system folder... What is worst is that the emu does not a single line of error.

Does it also include the uni-bios files inside it?
Did you get a neogeo.zip specifically for RetroArch/FBA and not for MAME?
Are the roms from MAME or the correct FBA romset?

Reactions: azidahaka

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
PicoDrive won't work with either of the Sega CD games I've tried. Oddly, Genesis Plus does, and I thought that was the one that wouldn't work with CD games. I've got the files, I got them in the right place, but Pico still won't cooperate. So... I guess I'll just be playing these games on Genesis Plus for a while!

God it works. Cool well spotted.

Snatcher crashes!

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
https://twitter.com/libretro/status/779680326847229952

As you can see, frangarcj got PCSX ReARMed to go ingame now, but there are still some problems which might be outside our control and might have to do with the toolchain. We have to compile with -O0 (no optimization levels) because -O1 or -O2 will produce crashes/other issues. So we need a way to toggle all optimization flags.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
https://twitter.com/libretro/status/779680326847229952

As you can see, frangarcj got PCSX ReARMed to go ingame now, but there are still some problems which might be outside our control and might have to do with the toolchain. We have to compile with -O0 (no optimization levels) because -O1 or -O2 will produce crashes/other issues. So we need a way to toggle all optimization flags.

Wow the speed this lot is getting optimised is amazing.
Imported a PSX from japan with Ridge Racer when it came out and still is my favourite racer :)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mmm strange thing: after i have installed mame2003 (and try it), now fba and fba2012 didt recognize other roms. Only sfiii and tmnt, that i had previously played with fba before installation of mame... so now i need to re-install again all retroarch emus?

azidahaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does it also include the uni-bios files inside it?
Did you get a neogeo.zip specifically for RetroArch/FBA and not for MAME?
Are the roms from MAME or the correct FBA romset?
The neogeo.zip had a vast amount of bioses and the unibios is in... How can i tell it is the right one?

The roms are in 8 chars .zip format again not sure how to tell if they are the fba correct format or not?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honestly - if the bios boots, it's the right one. I tried around 3 different bioses before I found one that worked.

You will find there is not one 'uniform' bios set that you absolutely have to use, some sets may have less or more files and still work.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of curiosity why isn't there stable emulators for the vita yet?

Like it seems the only ones that run decent are nes snes maybe gen.

But vita should easily be able to run gba for one.

hm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff