Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs at about 2 fps. It's a proof of concept only. Saturn is really hard to emulate. It processes it's 3d polygons rather than triangles and also has a separate processor and a separate OS for its CD ROM drive from what I've heard.
Thanks - my Saturn CD drive died about 6 months ago but I'd like to play a couple of the games again.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see pcsx on the whitelist again.

Curious tho, has been any noticeable performance increase recently for superFX games in any SNES core?
I actually tried Starfox yesterday... Still no good...

For your information, Star Fox runs just fine. It's actually running SLIGHTLY faster than it should, but this version of SNES9X is known for being confused about how Star Fox 1/2 SHOULD run, and thus throttles the audio.
If you test using the opening dispatch sequence against, say, a Raspberry Pi using Snes9x Next, the Vita completes it faster; just the audio is confused.

Of course, this is assuming you run with Snes9x (Non "plus" variant), which you should; I only recommend using it for the Super Star Wars trilogy as it's the only set of games I know of that have broken audio cues otherwise.

Last edited by SeongGino,

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Never was to begin with, but okie; glad we get that out of our systems.

Okay dokie... Peace

Wow never thought that question would lead to that lol. I should've been more specific though as I was referring to those audio issues in particular in star fox. Sorry if I confused you both. :)

Reactions: SuperDan

Mr. Sparkle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks - my Saturn CD drive died about 6 months ago but I'd like to play a couple of the games again.
I just bought a Saturn a few weeks back...I love it! I wish I had the money to buy the games though. Sheesh...that's an expensive system to collect for.

EDIT: But I do however own an Action Replay cart that I've flashed with Pseudo Saturn so I can backup my games :)

Last edited by Mr. Sparkle,
Reactions: cvskid and SuperDan

nowaaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Snes9X 2005 with Megaman X3. Game run smooth but does not display character spites (only backgrounds are visible). Super Bomberman 4 also cannot load after you close one game before opening it. Doom got stuttering sound and low framerate. I hope you could fix those games in the future build.

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Saturn a few weeks back...I love it! I wish I had the money to buy the games though. Sheesh...that's an expensive system to collect for.

EDIT: But I do however own an Action Replay cart that I've flashed with Pseudo Saturn so I can backup my games :)

After you said that I just went on ebay to check - I had no idea they were expensive. I also notice that the Atari Jaguar I gave to someone last year is worth a lot of money! I bet they just sold it on. DAMN IT. I'm such an idiot.

Reactions: Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you said that I just went on ebay to check - I had no idea they were expensive. I also notice that the Atari Jaguar I gave to someone last year is worth a lot of money! I bet they just sold it on. DAMN IT. I'm such an idiot.

Giving someone a console like a Jaguar is actually a very noble thing in my opinion. I know I haven't ran into very many people who would gift hardly anything game related let alone a whole console (although I did have someone I just met gift me a copy of Megaman 6). I started collecting when I was younger (I'm old as hell now lol 36). I kept all my games with their boxes and paperwork and even the little flyers that came in the boxes! I had some great games (Megaman 1-3 in the box, Chrono Trigger, All a final fantasy games, etc...) and then my brother sold them all on Ebay after I moved out of my parents house. I didn't have the room to take my stuff with me back then, and I regret not taking them. But the way I figure it, he must have needed the money more than I needed the games. I will say though, I wouldn't appreciate it if it happened again!

Point is, you shouldn't get down on yourself for doing something nice for someone else. Not everyone exploits things like that. Although some will...

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gambatte doesnt work on thé latest nigthlie

Can confirm that Gambatte hasn't been working since Sept. 20 nightly (loading any rom crashes app)...Sept. 19 seems to be last nightly that still worked.

Edit: Latest nightly for some of the stable apps (like CPS1/CPS2/MVS/FCEUMM etc) also seem to crash randomly whenever I close a rom/exit app...Rolling back to Sept. 19 nightly for now.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

NoGood56er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get Sega CD games to work? I've tried on Genesis Plus GX and Picodrive (now that it works), but I just get greeted by a blank screen.

Are the game supposed to be zipped or an unzipped .iso? I have tried multiple Bios files and none of them work either, I'm not asking for anyone to share a bios but can anyone at least tell me the proper name for one that Retroarch will register?

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get Sega CD games to work? I've tried on Genesis Plus GX and Picodrive (now that it works), but I just get greeted by a blank screen.

Are the game supposed to be zipped or an unzipped .iso? I have tried multiple Bios files and none of them work either, I'm not asking for anyone to share a bios but can anyone at least tell me the proper name for one that Retroarch will register?

It's all in the OP. Please read through it again.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country

Try http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=PicoDrive for CD bios names.

Search for those and the 32X ones usually come with them. You may have to rename the cd one's though

The files can be zipped but then choose open folder

NoGood56er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all in the OP. Please read through it again.
I've read it, but unless I'm completely blind it's not answering my two main questions.

What format do Sega CD roms needs to be in? I have the ISO, but I found a program that converts them into .bin files. Not sure what the correct format is.

Also it states the Bios names, but I can not for the life of me find Bios files with those exact names. I've tried renaming the bios I have but still get nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44