Not open for further replies.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
'does work' or 'doesn't work'?

Oh man, we're dizzying you... Please check here.
MIA works, Skykid works. I urge users to give feedback on that list so we can present specific and concentrated results to LibretroRetroArc. So far Hielkenator and Charco have helped, we can do this people!

LibretroRetroArc, can you look into any of the games from the NYW list? Especially those with input problems cause they run good as far as performance goes, only buttons need to be changed.

==EDIT===
Fixed it! After all they are both on the FBA list (ie working).

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, MIA works. I just finished playing it.

Yes it works, though I had to reset the game prior for it passing the checks the second boot.
Sometimes, If I load alot of games after each other, some game fail to progress any further than the bootchecks, resetting or rebooting/ or restarting from maintanance mode lets the game boot normally afterwards. I noticed this in tmnt.zip ( Konami ) and MIA ( Konami )

Also I noticed that some player sprites are jittering/phasing, without degrading gameplay/speed.
In some Konami and other harware Capcom games this can be noticable. Vulgus etc.

Also Jap version ( non CD ) of Ironclad seems to boot but give black screen ( Neogeo )
chukatai.zip jittering player sprite, speed not affected.
astorm.zip seem to be broken, I remember previous versions of retroarch able to play it.
blazeon.zip (Kaneko) GFX problem. aliencha.zip GFX problem and crash at start of first match.
armedf.zip GFX problem.
cookbib.zip, crusherm.zip pallete errors.

donpachi.zip and ddonpach.zip esprade.zip, feversos.zip working ( Atlus,CAVE ,awesome shumps btw!)

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Speaking of Cave shoot 'em ups, I have a 40" widescreen and the aspect ratio and resolution is too small to see from my couch, any idea which is the best option for these?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Speaking of Cave shoot 'em ups, I have a 40" widescreen and the aspect ratio and resolution is too small to see from my couch, any idea which is the best option for these?

You mean you have black borders on the sides?
I just leave it set to 480p ratio 4:3, no overscan.
If you want you can use the rotate option and flip your lcd tv. ( TATE? )

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@Hielkanator, do u test on PC FBA to see if any of the GFX problems are FBA related first. Just wondering, thanks for all the testing. I gotta say between you, Nakata6790 and Disorarara, every game is tested and it seems to me you guys make a very accurate testing team lol. All these reports are great cuz it seems the RA team is really on top of getting fixes out for specific games and all. Gotta love RA.

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is possible to play PCEngine super cd games in RA Gamecube? If possible, how do we set it to play those games?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Hielkanator, do u test on PC FBA to see if any of the GFX problems are FBA related first. Just wondering, thanks for all the testing. I gotta say between you, Nakata6790 and Disorarara, every game is tested and it seems to me you guys make a very accurate testing team lol. All these reports are great cuz it seems the RA team is really on top of getting fixes out for specific games and all. Gotta love RA.

Yes, and FBA on PC is also handy to get your romset complete ( I try to get the parent roms only )
It's a lot maintainable in regards to m.a.m.e, I really love FBA.
I validate with fba, because there are a lot of bad dupes floating around.
I really wish the retroarch team can sort the Cave driver out for Wii....

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nah, IMHO since we got those games working with the fba core, a more useful core would be one for games that dont work atm. Irem games for example, the r-types, gunforce, in the hunt, undercover cops etc. etc. would become playable. Kaneko core would be useful too as Hielkenator has correctly noted for games like blazeon and mille miglia. Finally, a Sega core for Altered beast Dynamite Dux, Alien Storm, Powerdrift etc. A Taito one or a Data East would be sweet too.

Out of the ~170 remaining NYW roms, those would take care most of them.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Trying to play Gun.Smoke but it seems it doesn't have the start button mapped correctly, try every buttons in my classic controller pro and nothing =(

terpsfan101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The maximum file size that the Neo Geo Core will load is 45 MB, uncompressed. I see a lot of arguments about 23 MB, zipped, being the limit. The zipped/compressed number does not matter. You guys need to go by the UNZIPPED/UNCOMPRESSED file size. Everything under 45 MB, uncompressed, will load without crashing the Neo Geo core.

Reactions: MassiveRican

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, IMHO since we got those games working with the fba core, a more useful core would be one for games that dont work atm. Irem games for example, the r-types, gunforce, in the hunt, undercover cops etc. etc. would become playable. Kaneko core would be useful too as Hielkenator has correctly noted for games like blazeon and mille miglia. Finally, a Sega core for Altered beast Dynamite Dux, Alien Storm, Powerdrift etc. A Taito one or a Data East would be sweet too.

Taito, Data East and Sega X-Board/Y-Board games (Power Drift/Galaxy Force/Thunderblade/Afterburner) are all too slow to run on Wii to begin with.

Darius 2/Ninja Warriors (3-screen) is ~25fps on PS3/360.

Power Drift is ~41-45fps on PS3, 60fps on 360.

Data East games (Caveman Ninja, Joe & Mac Returns) are ~50fps on PS3.

Chase HQ is ~50fps on PS3, 60fps on 360.

In other words, no chance.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Damn...
Thanks for letting us know though, so that we don't wait in vain for those particular games. :)

Can you please tell us if Raiden, In the Hunt, Hammering Harry and Altered Beast are off limits too?

mudlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You certainly don't ask for much, do you?
Whats next? You want a pixel accurate N64 emulator with optimized ARM core, with relevant NEON optimizations for the RDP?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You certainly don't ask for much, do you?
Whats next? You want a pixel accurate N64 emulator with optimized ARM core, with relevant NEON optimizations for the RDP?

Hey there is no need for this.
I didn't know that some of those games were so demanding in their emulation. As you can see in my reply to Libretro's post now that he gave us a picture of the situation, no further requests will be made for those games.

Not everyone is a self entitled beggar and i certainly have no demands, i am most certainly grateful for all the work Toadking and Libretro have done on RA. It's simple: some of us genuinely don't know about he technical aspects of emulation that's why we ask, in order to learn. IRL i study medicine, i have no idea about coding, if i did i would be more knowledgable in this stuff. The best thing i can do atm is give feedback and try to compile a compatibility list, hence my questions.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
^^ Yea, Capiche!? Lol j/k seriously don't flame me

I think he was just expressing what he thought would be cool to play or see next to make FBA Wii even more complete on a compatibility list level, not really expecting one or the other.

Neways great job guys, all I'm really waiting on is slightly modified dols for better compatibility with WiiFlow, usually fix94 makes them but the he doesn't have much time lately. Even better would be to have support with Wiiflow in mind as a front end, obviously U guys would have to link up for that.

Hopefully fix94 gets some time over the next few weeks and possibly collaborate with you guys, it would be epic :yaywii:

AntonioJosedeSou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.whisperedwords.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is possible to play PCEngine super cd games in RA Gamecube? If possible, how do we set it to play those games?

Well, they should run. I don't have a Gamecube to confirm it though. Only a Nintendo Wii.
Anyways, the CD image should be in BIN/CUE format (I don't know if other formats are supported: ISO/MP3? or ISO/WAV?).
And you should have the bios file renamed syscard3.pce in the system folder of RetroArch.

That's it, you load the cue file and the game should work fine. I have tested Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo (Super CD2) and works perfect!!!
Also, make sure you have a good image of the game. This is how the CUE sheet for Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo should look like:

Code:
FILE "Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo (SCD) (J).bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 MODE1/2352
      INDEX 00 00:48:65
      INDEX 01 00:51:65
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
      INDEX 00 03:07:14
      INDEX 01 03:09:14
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
      INDEX 00 04:53:48