Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS2Linux runs Dingoo's FBA emulator at full speed. It was released less than a week ago.
How is that a handheld as underpowered as the DS is capable of running an arcade emulator? I would that either A, crazy optimizations were made or B, one helluva speed hack was implemented.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
How is that a handheld as underpowered as the DS is capable of running an arcade emulator? I would that either A, crazy optimizations were made or B, one helluva speed hack was implemented.

its some impressive stuff. Dingoo linux (dingux) was just ported to the DSTwo. Not all cps1/2 games run smooth on it, definitely not a replacement for the emulators on psp, or the awesome no-frame-skip retroarch, but ive been playing Donpachi, Progear, and MvP (all with sound even) on my DStwo for the past few days.

Can wait for the Retroarch xmas release, ...and for the psp version =)
@retroarch team, maybe a Dingux or better yet a DStwo edition in the future?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its some impressive stuff. Dingoo linux (dingux) was just ported to the DSTwo. Not all cps1/2 games run smooth on it, definitely not a replacement for the emulators on psp, or the awesome no-frame-skip retroarch, but ive been playing Donpachi, Progear, and MvP (all with sound even) on my DStwo for the past few days.

That's one helluva emulator. Too bad they don't have a decent Snes emulator for the DS. None of them have accurate SPC700/S-SMP sound emulation like Snes9x 1.53.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Retroarch for DSTWO would be awesome, somehow we have CPS2 emulation working properly but not SNES and Wonderswan lol

Dingux is cool too but the weird way DS2Linux does Dingoo->DS scaling is really annoying, I'd much rather have a straight DSTWO port but apparently that's harder to do.

MMJuno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I just recently got around to trying out RA on my Wii and am impressed with the results so far.

I do have one question that I haven't been able to find an answer for yet, and I'm hoping someone here may be able to shed some light on it:

With Gambatte, I notice it mentions it supports Super GameBoy in the ReadMe. My question is, if this is the case, how do you get the game to display with the SGB palettes? They all just seem to display in B&W from what I've tried so far (ex: Donkey Kong, Castlevania Legends). I had considered that maybe it's based on the file extension and tried changing them from .gb to .sgb, but then I can't even see them in the file browser to load them, so this apparently isn't the solution. I tried looking for something relevant in the .cfg for Gambatte, but not really noticing anything there.

I don't care if the SGB borders display, I'm only really interested in if it can make use of the built-in SGB palettes, and if so, how to enable them?

Thanks.

sorted_turd

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi this Emulator is new to me, I am usually good with sussing things out but struggling with this one! I know its obvious you need to change the core to play what roms you have, but I transferred my Cps1 ones form my Psp onto SD card and tried to load them and just get a box error? but my Cps2 ones work fine, I did notice they were auto extracted from the zip in the root of the card after though? does this mean you need to extreact each zip in the Cps1 roms?

I am a bit confused, also the FBA neo does not load my roms, but the Toadkings Mame does, would be great if anyone can hekp me out

thanks

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get Neo Geo roms to load. Do I need to place the neogeo.zip anywhere specific? On both the Neo and fba cores it gives me the "error loading rom" issue.

MMJuno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I just recently got around to trying out RA on my Wii and am impressed with the results so far.

I do have one question that I haven't been able to find an answer for yet, and I'm hoping someone here may be able to shed some light on it:

With Gambatte, I notice it mentions it supports Super GameBoy in the ReadMe. My question is, if this is the case, how do you get the game to display with the SGB palettes? They all just seem to display in B&W from what I've tried so far (ex: Donkey Kong, Castlevania Legends). I had considered that maybe it's based on the file extension and tried changing them from .gb to .sgb, but then I can't even see them in the file browser to load them, so this apparently isn't the solution. I tried looking for something relevant in the .cfg for Gambatte, but not really noticing anything there.

I don't care if the SGB borders display, I'm only really interested in if it can make use of the built-in SGB palettes, and if so, how to enable them?

Thanks.

Hmm... With a bit more searching, I found this posted elsewhere:
Gambatte emulates both the Gameboy and Gameboy Color. Super Gameboy palettes and borders are not supported.
If this is the case, I guess the note about SGB support for Gambatte in the RetroArch ReadMe should be removed.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well the DSTwo's more powerful than the DS itself. I mean the DS is 8-year old hardware, and it was cheap/weak back then too.

s8n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get Neo Geo roms to load. Do I need to place the neogeo.zip anywhere specific? On both the Neo and fba cores it gives me the "error loading rom" issue.

hi Korudo , place the neogeo.zip in the same folder as your roms................also if you have the wrong neogeo.zip it wont will give the error message your getting.

You may want to Google around for a different neogeo.zip if thats the case.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi Korudo , place the neogeo.zip in the same folder as your roms................also if you have the wrong neogeo.zip it wont will give the error message your getting.

You may want to Google around for a different neogeo.zip if thats the case.

Thanks!

gameBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What the bollocks? What a load of BS. Stupid Android OS, they should release that version later and the others on Christmas. Stupid indeed.

really too bad for the wii release.

I always wondered who plays on an android phone with touchscreen. I tried it and it is not really fun tapping on the screen. It is just not like a joypad.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the bollocks? What a load of BS. Stupid Android OS, they should release that version later and the others on Christmas. Stupid indeed.
The other devs and I ran into a lot of issues with the Android port, and with that being the main focus of 0.9.8, it only made sense to push it back. I'm sorry, but the console versions were not the focus of this release, and other than the video mode changes I made to the Wii port, there is not a lot of features added in this release anyway. That's what you get when you try to support multiple platforms; can't focus on all of them all the time.

TL;DR:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm-hmmm

6a00d8341e26ef53ef015434681e61970c-800wi

time for me to curl in a fetal position while sucking on my thumb....in shame
I thought we would get that much-heard-about gPSP emulator for the GBA core. Time of me to just STFU about the emulator and for me to piss off

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought we would get that much-heard-about gPSP emulator for the GBA core.
There's no need for it on the Wii. Loading large ROMs was fixed way back, and VBA-M has better compatibility and already runs pretty much fullspeed from the games I tried. Are there some that do not?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no need for it on the Wii. Loading large ROMs was fixed way back, and VBA-M has better compatibility and already runs pretty much fullspeed from the games I tried. Are there some that do not?
errr...don't you mean vba gx?
Metroid zero mission runs slow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol