Status
Not open for further replies.

DAR CRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having problems with the Classic Controller and Cybots. Arrows do work, not the buttons. I guess buttons not working must happen for a good number of games, but I'll wait for the fix one day.
Minus a few inconveniences, I applaud the team's work for bringing new life into the Wii and putting out my desire for an original Xbox.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a small report, since I haven't seen them mentioned before, but Liquid Kids has a somewhat funny glitch--the background is rotated 90 degrees while the sprites seem normal. Also it and Payback for the GBA are slow (the former is around ~50fps IIRC and the latter around ~35 fps). I doubt there's much that can be done about Payback, as it's really have 3D which stresses most GBA emulators. I have no idea what the issue with Liquid Kids is, though, as far as being slow.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It sounds like you want to use an FBA Core with all the drivers in it specifically because u don't want more icons in your source menu for WiiFlow. Which is fine.
Exactly. The games I'm interested in run at fullspeed with that previous version of fba. Besides sometimes I don't even remember exactly if a particular game I want to play is CPS1 or 2. It was also very convenient that wiiflow could take care of the rebooting part for me.
However I can live with it. I'd like to make it clear that I'm not demanding anything.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a small report, since I haven't seen them mentioned before, but Liquid Kids has a somewhat funny glitch--the background is rotated 90 degrees while the sprites seem normal. Also it and Payback for the GBA are slow (the former is around ~50fps IIRC and the latter around ~35 fps). I doubt there's much that can be done about Payback, as it's really have 3D which stresses most GBA emulators. I have no idea what the issue with Liquid Kids is, though, as far as being slow.

There are a lot of late '80s / early '90s games on FBA that are slow (and in some cases slower than the late '90s games like CPS2/CPS3/NeoGeo).

I'll look into that game Liquid Kids - it might be an endian problem.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Exactly. The games I'm interested in run at fullspeed with that previous version of fba. Besides sometimes I don't even remember exactly if a particular game I want to play is CPS1 or 2. It was very convenient that wiiflow could take care of the rebooting part for me.

I don't care about what is most convenient to YOU. It was done for scalability reasons and also because Gamecube needs CPS1 separated in order for it to fit into RAM.

I make the app, I decide the rules. Be glad and grateful you can play ANYTHING AT ALL. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT - COMPILE YOUR OWN CUSTOM VERSION.

Now how about that for some good 'be quiet' shit huh bubba? Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Had a quick blast on X-Men Children of the Atom as it had been discussed earlier today, it's great that we can now save dipswitch settings, having the intro music on by default is so much cooler. Thanks for all your hard work, loving this!

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will always be grateful for that. Thanks, really.
But I hoped to be able to talk to its developer without being treated like that!

If I do what you want me to do (ie. build in CPS1/CPS2 again into the main FBA build), then that will mean less RAM available for other games that need it.

You can already play these games with FBACores CPS1/CPS2 - therefore, this is the best way to go about it. Besides, FBA didn't even load into the Gamecube's RAM because it was so big - now at least you can get it to at least boot even though it doesn't play that many games yet.

All the decisions here are made for a very good reason that go beyond 'I just liked how easy this made it for me with Wiiflow'.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys i would like to ask has anyone gotten Raiden, Hammerin' Harry, In the Hunt, R Type and Altered Beast to work correctly?

BTW for anyone interested, you can also add zintrckb.zip and rbff1.zip to the neo geo list here

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
a small question, by "endian problems" you mean bytes, or hex are reversed-swapped depending on the source arquitecture, then upon the decoded - yet different- arquitecture, data is read wrongly?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Here are some games with graphical issues:

bionicc.zip - Graphical garbage
crusherm.zip - Incorrect palette
explbkr.zip - Graphical garbage
mgcrystl.zip - Graphical garbage

Also the start button does not work for me in Forgotten Worlds and Lode Runner by Psikyo, the music in Metro-Cross is sped up, also several controls seem to be missing from Quartet. This is also probably a fault on my end, but Gradius 3 has stopped loading. I remember it loading before so it's probably my rom being outdated. Thanks again for an amazing project!

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
wofsj.zip is a child ROM - it is not the main ROM and it isn't the only ROM that will be loaded into memory either when you select a child ROM.
I know it is a child ROM. Loading that child rom and main ROM will not crash the emu, isn't that meaning it is small enough to fit into Gamecube's RAM? For the same main ROM, wofhfh.zip works without that problem. wofsj.zip also gets black screen on Android port. So I think this is not a bug relating to RAM size.
PS: wofhfh.zip lacks a 3rd button to let player set fire, I don't know whether it is a bug from original FBA.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone show me a tutorial on how to hook FBA up to Wiiflow?
WiifloWiki 4

Check out the plugins setup page, no need to take a look at advanced plugin setup if you only want a few plugins or 1, in your case being FBA. If you're interested after your plugin setup then take a look at the source menu setup. It's dope.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here are some games with graphical issues:

bionicc.zip - Graphical garbage
crusherm.zip - Incorrect palette
explbkr.zip - Graphical garbage
mgcrystl.zip - Graphical garbage

Also the start button does not work for me in Forgotten Worlds and Lode Runner by Psikyo, the music in Metro-Cross is sped up, also several controls seem to be missing from Quartet. This is also probably a fault on my end, but Gradius 3 has stopped loading. I remember it loading before so it's probably my rom being outdated. Thanks again for an amazing project!

I'll test those games out tomorrow.

The controls in Forgotten Worlds don't function really correctly to begin with - the 'turn' button seems to not really work like it should so instead directional movements 'turn' - it's very awkward.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy crap guys, Tetris the Grandmaster 2 loads in FBA!!! Hell yes! Too bad it has slowdown, but I seriously could not be happier right now, best emulator ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even wifi pair opening just an app to sign is nice
    Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But could be bad for people with lower speeds but how many mbs would it really need to detect a button press
    Nearly nothing
    Most of it BT used
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's how I pair with uremum, I wave a $5 bill across her face, and instant link.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's how I pair with uremum, I wave a $5 bill across her face, and instant link.