Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Simple.
VBA Next is better than VBA GX - Many game run full speed, like Golden Sun and Final Fantasy IV, V and VI Advanced.
Sega CD support is in Genesis Plus GX 1.7.3 and is not slow contrary to what other may think; I got NTSC games running at 60 fps all the time and not a single issue.
Snes9x Next is better because games that ran choppily on Snes9x GX run perfectly (Star Fox now is full speed, as well as Yoshi's Island, which was full speed from the beginning). Not to mention games like Kirby's Super Star also run full speed. Try comparing that to Snes9x GX in terms of stability. No frame skipping hacks are used at all. Did I mention that Final Fantasy VI doesn't run slow in large areas either? There's no audio issue when entering/exiting the emulator menu, and now that the audio sampling has been improved, it will sound better than Snes9x GX.
Nestopia doesn't have FDS support yet, but the audio/synchronization beats FCEUmm and FCEU GX any day and doesn't have crackling or popping that plagues the port. If you're not satisfied with RetroArch, then use the standalone emulators.

Well, gotta face the fact that people cannot be fully placated; they'll always complain about something not being right. By the by, any update on the quick release (the cores with the new audio sampling)?
I suspect you are running a beta version no open to the public.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect you are running a beta version no open to the public.

Beta version of what? You're not being specific. I came here to learn and discuss RetroArch releases and bug reports, not get in debates about what's what. If you feel so inclined to not use it or dislike it, to each to his own.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Beta version of what? You're not being specific. I came here to learn and discuss RetroArch releases and bug reports, not get in debates about what's what. If you feel so inclined to not use it or dislike it, to each to his own.
My experience with retroarch is clearly different.
Unless your version different that the one 0.9.8.2

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experience with retroarch is clearly different.

You still didn't mention which emulator core was allegedly a "beta" build. If there's an issue, go to the github and create a bug report thread instead of trying to argue about Sega CD emulation being "slow".

https://github.com/Themaister/RetroArch/issues?state=open

I'm done here. Trying to convince tenacious people on why RetroArch is one of the best emulators out there is like trying to figure out why politicians aren't honest. This discussion is a lost cause.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You still didn't mention which emulator core was allegedly a "beta" build. If there's an issue, go to the github and create a bug report thread instead of trying to argue about Sega CD emulation being "slow".

https://github.com/Themaister/RetroArch/issues?state=open

I'm done here. Trying to convince tenacious people on why RetroArch is one of the best emulators out there is like trying to figure out why politicians aren't honest. This discussion is a lost cause.
I'm not talking to you.
A while back there was a bug, I'm experiencing this bug now.
It involves switching the Wii's video mode BACK AN FORTH, wich screws with retroarch.
I should'nt apply to you, you do not have acces to pal settings on your Wii.
There's no way to test on your side.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talking to you.
A while back there was a bug, I'm experiencing this bug now.
It involves switching the Wii's video mode, which screws with retroarch.

Well you said "I suspect you are running a beta version not open to the public." ,which is vague. Keep the resolution at 640 x 480 or 576 if you use PAL. If this really bothers you, take it up with the devs on github.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'M RUNNING AN NTSC U ROM. MY WII SETTINGS ARE 480P. PROBLEM OCCURED AFTER SWITCHING VIDEO SETTING BACK AND FORTH ON MY WII.
WHEN I TRY TO RUN AN GENESIS NTSC ROM SOUNJD IS GARBLED AND VIDEO IS VVVVVEEEEERRRRRY SLOW. THAT IS HOW THE INTRO SOUNDS.SEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAA.

Wait for the new beta test release. Delete the config files on the SD card and start over. Either you had rewind on or some setting got messed up, delete the config file or wait till the new point version is released soon. No need to type in all caps. Sheesh. Why'd you switch the video mode anyway.

Edit: WTF? You like my post? Gee, and I thought that people like you hated me for voicing my opinion :unsure: Time for me to make like a church and get the hell out.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait for the new beta test release. Delete the config files on the SD card and start over. Either you had rewind on or some setting got messed up, delete the config file or wait till the new point version is released soon. No need to type in all caps. Sheesh. Why'd you switch the video mode anyway.
I was asked by retroarch to test.
Seems some configs were screwed.
I'm no coder of any sorts, but this is what happened.
I'm not portraying myself in a way that seems negative I hope.
It's hard to type in someones else's language, while getting the message over.

Anyway I've got it sorted and will stop testing anything in the future.
If even "outsiders" get a vote on the development , almost in an obstructing way, my time is done here.
It's hard enough to get the point over.
For the last time: Retroarch is awesome, no doubt. But end users should be taken serious.
This thread is very hostile sometimes in this regard and I'm not enjoying like I used to.
So I will not take the time anymore to report anything, I'm sure all the experiences the_randomizer provides will suffice.
To the devs, THANK YOU! For the blood, sweat and tears that went into you project.
Only for us to enjoy on the end of the day.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asked by retroarch to test.
Seems some configs were screwed.
I'm no coder of any sorts, but this is what happened.
I'm not portraying myself in a way that seems negative I hope.
It's hard to type in someones else's language, while getting the message over.

Anyway I've got it sorted and will stop testing anything in the future.
If even "outsiders" get a vote on the development , almost in an obstructing way, my time is done here.
It's hard enough to get the point over.
For the last time: Retroarch is awesome, no doubt. But end users should be taken serious.
This thread is very hostile sometimes in this regard and I'm not enjoying like I used to.
So I will not take the time anymore to report anything, I'm sure all the experiences the_randomizer provides will suffice.
To the devs, THANK YOU! For the blood, sweat and tears that went into you project.
Only for us to enjoy on the end of the day.
Ah, great, now I feel like a f***ing douche for chasing people away.:(

Now then, time for me to bugger off.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bloody hell, it's like an episode of 'Coronation Street' <<insert local over-dramatic TV soap opera of your own in place of Corrie....:P

Hielkenator: "It's hard to type in someones else's language, while getting the message over" - this we can appreciate! You do come off as sounding VERY harsh at times though! :) I have a similar setup (PAL Wii, component cable, US roms, 480p) but don't have the problem.... I noticed there are '2' 480p settings, try switching to the other and restarting. Better still, delete everything including the config files and try again fresh......

randomizer: Think you need to chill out a bit sorry pal.... your problems are now well known, maybe it's time to just wait for the next release - enjoy a few of the games or something! ;)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
no cheats
Playing the game in full speed with great performance is what matters here, cheats are an add-on not a gamebreaker. Eventually will be added regardless. Although it's not even necessary to enjoy the playing the games in all their fullspeed glory.

no covers
RetroArch does not have to be your front-end for covers. you can try WiiFlow for that. Tantrics emulator w/cover support mods with the amount of roms that I have kept freezing often for me. And of course was riddled with the same frameskipping/audio issues that the non-cover emu is based on.

gimped savestates ftw
I'm clueless on that one. Savestates work for all emu's that aren't FBA based. Unless there's some other FBA/CPS/NEO core emulator for Wii that you know of with savestate support?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have this disabled and never ever enabled it.
Slow gameplay just happened.
I remember last week someone having similar problems after switching video modes on his Wii 480P > 480i and vice versa.
Don't get to cocky my friend, I'm just trying to help here, if you like it or not, I'm not stupid.
Could it be that their is some config problem?
Anyways, could you explain why I'm not able to run PAL roms at their normal speed, also?
Example would be the firemen (E).

My Wii is connected via Component and set to 480p.
Please try to refresh your memory about this issue, back then I even tested it for you.

You are using a build (RetroArch 0.9.8.2) that is broken with regards to setting video modes. The next version will have most of the things that could cause breakage in this regard fixed.

It's advised that you try all this then again and see how much of the issues still apply then. Reporting issues related to 0.9.8.2 is just rubbing it in - we know it's broken.

Reactions: Hielkenator

mudlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
self entitled pricks.....

I was pondering of a OGL ES port of the glide64wrapper (meaning Glide64 Android support), but why bother thanks to idiots like this.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
self entitled pricks.....

I was pondering of a OGL ES port of the glide64wrapper (meaning Glide64 Android support), but why bother thanks to idiots like this.

What is this I don't even.

RetroArch works perfectly fine on my end, and now that the team changed the sound to Sinc resampling, it's all the more better. Too bad LibretroRetroarch hasn't set a date for the quick point release, other than "this weekend", but whatever. Hielkenator was being self-entitled, not me. I helped with ABX tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them